Feature Suggestion: Time-Clock for Paid Moderators in Admin Panel

dogpatch

I would like to make a suggestion for future versions:

ADMIN OPTION --

I would love to see a time-clock option in the admin pannel for moderators so people who have paid staff who get an hourly wage can be properly tracked for the time they spend working on the site. It would really make my life easier if there was a better way to know how many hours my moderators are spending online and how much work they are actually doing on the site.

Thanks!!!

Question. Do they have to manually clock in or should the board just keep track of the time that there logged in for? If it's the former then you're better off requesting this as a modification by a third party as the need is pretty niche and I wouldn't expect IPS to add it.

Also just had a thought, what is to stop a staff member from being on your site, while reading Facebook or on some other site ? Would their time online still increase ?

Also off topic, Rimi i didnt know who you avatar was, but seen her before and just used Google's "Search By Image" Feature, and i have to say that feature has improved a lot, it told me everything about her. lol

Also just had a thought, what is to stop a staff member from being on your site, while reading Facebook or on some other site ? Would their time online still increase ?

Also off topic, Rimi i didnt know who you avatar was, but seen her before and just used Google's "Search By Image" Feature, and i have to say that feature has improved a lot, it told me everything about her. lol

Well...I work in a lab and clock in and out, but I spend most of my time on here so... It's like any other job really. :p

<3

I imagine such a feature could work based on sessions as well, so if they "clocked in" and then just started browsing Facebook... their session within IP.Board would expire after the set time and the clock would stop counting.

Though, if I'm honest, I cannot think of any particular way this could be implemented without a loophole of sorts to circumvent it. In my example, they could clock in, browse Facebook for ten minutes, go back to the board and open a topic and not even read it, then just go back to Facebook again. The software wouldn't know the difference in this instance, as their session would just show them as viewing a specific topic for a while. There are far better ways to track moderators (such as the Moderator Logs in your Admin CP) then keeping tabs on how long they are online.

I imagine such a feature could work based on sessions as well, so if they "clocked in" and then just started browsing Facebook... their session within IP.Board would expire after the set time and the clock would stop counting.

Though, if I'm honest, I cannot think of any particular way this could be implemented without a loophole of sorts to circumvent it. In my example, they could clock in, browse Facebook for ten minutes, go back to the board and open a topic and not even read it, then just go back to Facebook again. The software wouldn't know the difference in this instance, as their session would just show them as viewing a specific topic for a while. There are far better ways to track moderators (such as the Moderator Logs in your Admin CP) then keeping tabs on how long they are online.

That's no good if you can't be online at that time or if the mod doesn't have much moderating to do.

But it would be very hard to track it without loopholes.

Perhaps a mod to track activity including topics read and such of a particular users or groups, one can then few the logs to see what they were doing. (If they don't mind the privacy invasion)

Its like any job, if the employee wants to cheat the system their going to find a way.

But I think the sessions thing is a good way of automatically tracking it. There is going to have to be some manual clock-ins and outs though of course.

Archived