Feature request: whitelist for rel="nofollow"

Hello.

Like many forums administrators i use option "Add rel="nofollow" to posted links" in order to forum has become an unattractive target for spammers.

But this function works with trusted links too (mirrors or friendly projects). I ask you to make an additional option: white-list field, where we can specify links that will not be exposed to this option.

Sorry for my english.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

SEO is becoming extremely competitive and important and forums including IPB are playing catch up. A flexible dofollow/nofollow setting would put IPB ahead of every other forum software out there, paid and not paid. trust me I have checked them all for a similar function.

The ability to control dofollow/nofollow per:

Usergroup

forum

signatures

That would simply be amazing and unique.

• 2 months later...

+1. The ability to whitelist specific domains for dofollowing would be excellent for me, as I'm building a larger network of websites for my members, and expect an awful lot of links to the rest of the network to pop onto the forums in due time.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

SEO is becoming extremely competitive and important and forums including IPB are playing catch up. A flexible dofollow/nofollow setting would put IPB ahead of every other forum software out there, paid and not paid. trust me I have checked them all for a similar function.

The ability to control dofollow/nofollow per:

Usergroup

forum

signatures

That would simply be amazing and unique.

It would be also great if it would be able to configure these options per application (e.g. IP.Blog).

This would be nice to have for IP.Board 4.0. Xenforo is offering this feature since a while.

• 10 months later...

I just ran into this issue and found the thread posted here.  At first I thought I'd be able to fix it with some quick database manipulation, but the anchor doesn't actually have nofollow saved in the posts table.  Instead, it's added when put into the cache table, which means I'd have to update it every time the cache is rebuilt.  Totally doable, but man... that's not a very neat option.

• 1 year later...

Archived