Tweet embedding

wgl

I don't see the point to tweet embedding?

It saves from having to load a completely new page to read something that is less than 140 characters, allowing more users to remain on your site rather than going off to a 3rd party site.

Campfire (chat app) does it and it's actually quite handy.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what I see, embedding is very useful as you can see the tweet itself and retweet/reply to it if you so desire. The embed also has the Follow button. It is a perfect example of how a embed should be. It credits the author and let you perform activity on it. And Twitter is not like a self hosted blog or website where people want you to visit their content on their own domain. Most people use Twitter from clients. Embeds add value to the post compared to the link itself.

Less incentive to visit the Twitter account. People here wanted it because it's believed it'll keep people from leaving.

I seriously don't see the issue here with embedding tweets. People use it all the time. It credits the original person who tweeted and it leaves the link to their twitter account where the original tweet was made. Plus, it even shows the photo of who originally tweeted it. How much more credit do you want to give them? I don't understand your argument here. It's basically the same as posting a small sentence of an article, then leaving the link to it. It's actually much more better than just leaving the link. I'd be more flattered seeing someone quote a tweet I made this way than just leaving a link to it. Sushubh_merged also makes some very good valid points in his comments above me as well.

• 3 months later...

Less incentive to visit the Twitter account. People here wanted it because it's believed it'll keep people from leaving.

I see the total opposite. If anything I rather provide a rich board experience then just a link, or even worse someone taking a screenshot of the tweet and not even providing a tweet. That is the worst.

I see stuff like this all the time.

monday-dar-40.jpg

Archived