Feature Request: Tagging Forum Members to posts (like Facebook)

poomv2

Hi there

I had a quick search to see if this feature had been talked about already, but couldn't find anything. Apologies if it has already been discussed.

Either way, I really think this is a beneficial feature, being able to tag other forum members within posts and they get a notification. Really good if you want to grab the attention of a user that you want their input on a topic, etc.

I think it should work exactly the same way as Facebook, by putting a calling symbol like @ and then as you start typing the users name it shows a JavaScript popup list much like Facebook does, allowing you to filter if you don't know their full name exactly. (especially handy for unique and forgetful usernames)

What do you guys reckon? Defo one for the next release IMO! :)

Thanks Adriano, but I definitely think this should be a native feature of IPB.

Especially considering the hook you linked doesn't have a handy JavaScript dropdown filter list of the usernames available as you type (like Facebook does). When you have got thousands of members, some with similar names, sometimes you can't remember their whole username. So having a username filter would be super handy! :)

Thanks Adriano, but I definitely think this should be a native feature of IPB.

Especially considering the hook you linked doesn't have a handy JavaScript dropdown filter list of the usernames available as you type (like Facebook does). When you have got thousands of members, some with similar names, sometimes you can't remember their whole username. So having a username filter would be super handy! :smile:

i think marcher can do this, i need this feature too.

Archived