features i would like to see

kaneit

i've been thinking of some features that i would like to see in the next release of IPB.

#1 - Age shouldn't be changeable via UCP:
once your account is created, Date of birth cannot be changed.
because currently any user that creates an account can change their Date of birth, and i haven't found a fix to stop this.

#2 - Specific Forum Categories & topics require age:
When this option is in action, when you created your account with the community it will use that age. if you are not a certain age you will not be permitted access to that specific Category and topic

#3 - Ticket Support System:
It would be a brilliant idea of having a ticket support system for IPB as an add-on.

These are features that had been going through my mind for about a week and i thought i'd share my ideas :)

i've been thinking of some features that i would like to see in the next release of IPB.

#1 - Age shouldn't be changeable via UCP:

once your account is created, Date of birth cannot be changed.

because currently any user that creates an account can change their Date of birth, and i haven't found a fix to stop this.

When this option is in action, when you created your account with the community it will use that age. if you are not a certain age you will not be permitted access to that specific Category and topic

#3 - Ticket Support System:

It would be a brilliant idea of having a ticket support system for IPB as an add-on.

These are features that had been going through my mind for about a week and i thought i'd share my ideas :smile:

1. Well it seems interesting to restrict your proposed age change by UCP, but there would be good both options by ACP can not restrict or change the date of birth for a particular group or all users in general.

2. I got the impression that your site has categories and forums and exclusive adult content? But still users who are under 18 can enter the forums and restricted category for them, right? good to improve a little your second suggestion, it would also be good for the forums, categories and themes require not only age, but also the total number of messages that the user has logged time on the site, among other things.

It would be nice to have these options would not hurt.

3. good idea, +1...

On the features I'd like to see me in the future IP.Board are:

1. History of edits

2. History of changes to the user (age change, e-mail, password, nickname, etc..).

3. More improved SEO.

4. Profiles modern, dynamic and social. Have a unique and innovative design, it would be a good thing for IP.Board

5. I would like that to be obtained IP.Chat not just have a chat either that all site users can enter, but you can chat in real time with a small chat window on something like facebook, where you can just chat with your friends on the site.

That's it, I have other things I want suggestions and see on IPB but now I am too lazy to explain.

1. You are right. but only for your specific needs. Anyway, I bet you can just remove the age field from the template bit of the profile edit form, it can solve you that problem, at least for now.

3. Can be nice, I'm just using a simple contact form that when someone write something over there it post automatically the content of the "ticket" in my admin forum.

5. I would like that to be obtained IP.Chat not just have a chat either that all site users can enter, but you can chat in real time with a small chat window on something like facebook, where you can just chat with your friends on the site.

https://www.cometchat.com/ and

Haven't used them personally, but I'm planning on trying them out in the next month or so. Have to get the money together for them.

Archived