Post Your IPB 3.4 Suggestion(s)/Opinions HERE!

SPORTS-LITE.COM◄

• "The Moderation Team" should have sub-sections separating Administration, Super Mods, and Sectional.
  • Forums should be very interactive(not sure if I'm using the proper term). What I mean by interactive is for example, when going to the member list and hovering your mouse over the letters on the left, you can have a "quick preview" of the member list without even having to click on it. I'm not exactly sure how to explain it.
  • Posts should have a more modern look. Like for example, instead of having those plain boxed posts you guys should make them kind of like "bubble" posts. Kind of like when you send a text on an iPhone their is this "bubble shaped" text. Example:
  • Everything should have a smooth transition. For example, when you click the "Like" button, it should fade in a smooth way instead of it having to pop out instantly.

We need something unique on IPB 3.4!

Feedback and suggestions is to be posted here: http://community.inv...m/297-feedback/

And preferably in seperate topics. ;)

1. I think there is a topic about this one, there is also a hook in the Marketplace.
2. Not really giving a whole lot value in my opinion. I'm tired of all those "enhancements" when there are more important things to improve, imo.
3. You really want that? Then I suggest you try and find a skin where it is like that
4. Same as 2.

I can't really say I want anything "unique" for 3.4. What I want is an "editor that works" ™ (Read: I really want that bbcode editor with buttons back) and making it simpler for large boards to do "global changes".

in my opinion no skin changes required just optimize it by :
1- adding more Id's to overwrite global css classes
2- moving global css to ipb_styles.css like Ip.content blocks css (we use it in all apps so it is no more a part of ip.content.css )
3- not sure if this in 3.3 or not , but It will be nice if one can change the order of css files to fit his needs
4-

Posts should have a more modern look. Like for example, instead of having those plain boxed posts you guys should make them kind of like "bubble" posts. Kind of like when you send a text on an iPhone their is this "bubble shaped" text

thanks for your topic ,
I do not like "bubble posts" , but if there a "bubble tea" that will be nice :grin: , maybe an option to switch between vertical post layout and compact post with horizontal member info's would be nice for me
5- Member Tab is useless honestly , you may think in change it to something like "Member Portal" with some blocks on right and left like newest members , recent status updates , top posters ,upcoming member birthdays , ...., ..... this will make the tab make sense

Posts should have a more modern look. Like for example, instead of having those plain boxed posts you guys should make them kind of like "bubble" posts. Kind of like when you send a text on an iPhone their is this "bubble shaped" text. Example:

Um yeah it's called customize the skin to suite your own needs....

I would like something that creates full backups: both for FTP and the database. Apologies if that feature already exists somewhere, I'm just not aware of it.

My hosting cut me off on backups because of a complication while upgrading (I'm sure this will be fixed eventually). But I was eager to add a gallery since I promised it to my users; something went wrong though and now I'm worried that I won't be able to repair my public_html folder.

in my opinion no skin changes required just optimize it by :

1- adding more Id's to overwrite global css classes

2- moving global css to ipb_styles.css like Ip.content blocks css (we use it in all apps so it is no more a part of ip.content.css )

3- not sure if this in 3.3 or not , but It will be nice if one can change the order of css files to fit his needs

Those first two would require skin changes...

I'm pretty sure you can do three.

Archived