AdSense Crawler

Donkerrood

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My question is how do we resolve this properly meeting Adsense requirements? If we have semi-public area in other words behind a login area but still designed for the public? As far as what I got set up the login is not working there is never been a IP recorded other than my own for my Adsense login.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi,

I am struggling to get the Adsense crawler to login successfully to my IPS forum so that I can display ads on member only areas.

These are my settings:

I am using POST

auth = username of my bot account

password = pass of my bot account

Can anyone who is successfully using Adsense on their site confirm the correct settings?

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 2:33 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Can someone post a fresh copy of the parameters that Google Bots need to login to the forum?

Login URL = https://mopar1973man.com/login/
auth_key = 880ea6a14ea49e853634fbdc5015a024
ips_password = (Account password)
ips_username = (Google Bot Username)
rememberMe = 1

Are these correct?

Did you managed to find a solution?

On 12/03/2018 at 12:33 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Can someone post a fresh copy of the parameters that Google Bots need to login to the forum?

Login URL = https://mopar1973man.com/login/
auth_key = 880ea6a14ea49e853634fbdc5015a024
ips_password = (Account password)
ips_username = (Google Bot Username)
rememberMe = 1

Are these correct?

The 2 highlighted items are most likely the problem - look at the HTML source of your login page. Do you see any fields called ips_password or ips_username?

Those are the names of the fields on the login page for my site which still runs 3.4.9

image.thumb.png.43c1a693c71b0ea815e4b1246036d9b5.png

but the corresponding fields on the 4.x login page are auth and password

image.thumb.png.17c3636b18628d45a91552f2b25aa70d.png

On 2/4/2018 at 4:23 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

I'll give that a shot and see what happens. 

---TINKERING in the Admin CP ---

It passes the login information now. Hopefully Google knows enough to hit the login button.

Can you please tell us the correct settings to pass the login page?

auth = Username given for Google Adsense
password = password given for Google Adsense

561962891_adsensecrawlerlogin.thumb.png.fa8363a9ae50417b7f1d1cbbe3b27c26.png

NOTICE: This will pass the information along to the login boxes but still at this point for me it will NOT actually login. I've got a support ticket going currently to attempt to figure out why.

18 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

NOTICE: This will pass the information along to the login boxes but still at this point for me it will NOT actually login. I've got a support ticket going currently to attempt to figure out why.

As I mentioned previously, there seems to be a CSRF token in the login form.  This would also need to be sent as login parameter, but this kind of tokens have a variable value.  So, this is likely to make automated login impossible (but it would be nice if somebody from IPS could clarify this).

Edited by ptprog

Response...

Hello,

Sorry, I did overlook that when reviewing the request. Unfortunately, yes all forms have CSRF ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_request_forgery ) protection. This requires a valid token to be sent with the form to validate the request. Unfortuantely this will mean that you cannot use the AdSense login functionality unless it can read the CSRF from the page and supply it (I'm not familiar enough with AdSense to know if it can do this). The CSRF token is unique to the current session, so it's not something you can provide to AdSense.

Kind Regards,

Stuart Silvester
Invision Power Services, Inc.

So we are basically without the ability to have Google Adsense Bots login to IPS software. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...