New Seo Update Suggestion

Intasar

My site ranks reasonably well for competitive keywords. I've been running my site for over 10 years and I've seen a whole lot of craziness that led me to getting a secure firewall installed to deal with issues like spambots -- and especially manual link builders who will come to your site and posts tons of garbage.

And speaking from a traffic standpoint, my site has around the same Alexa rank as yours. The current Alexa rank for TheLaw.com is 311,097, my sites current Alexa rank is 328,968 (87,357 in the U.S.). My site is also purely a forum, it's not a site with a forum sub-section.

Even then, I still have almost no problems with spammers because I've set my site up to effectively deter them. You could too if you wanted. I don't use a firewall or any third party service. I've structured and fine tuned my forum so that no spammer or spambot could ever do any real damage even if they did manage to register successfully.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even then, I still have almost no problems with spammers because I've set my site up to effectively deter them. You could too if you wanted. I don't use a firewall or any third party service. I've structured and fine tuned my forum so that no spammer or spambot could ever do any real damage even if they did manage to register successfully.

You should consider writing up a tutorial on what you've done, including stuff that may seem obvious. I'm sure clients new to IPS would appreciate such a guide for setting up their new product on their site, especially if it's converting from another product, because it would help them zip through a bit faster.

And speaking from a traffic standpoint, my site has around the same Alexa rank as yours. The current Alexa rank for TheLaw.com is 311,097, my sites current Alexa rank is 328,968 (87,357 in the U.S.). My site is also purely a forum, it's not a site with a forum sub-section.

My Alexa ranking was below 100,000 pre-Panda and Penguin (although my site isn't one that Alexa will rank properly because of the nature of the site and the demographic ranking.) Google Panda wreaked havoc on my site's ranking and nothing I could do would change a thing. I added dozens of articles in Wordpress - top quality content - and that barely made a dent. It's now at over a few hundred top quality, unique content. All this "content is king stuff" -- didn't work. I found another site that had massive duplicate content and whose forum was full of junk and contained spammy keywords (such as the word law or legal in all their forum titles.) Somehow, for reasons I cannot explain, they were rivaling my traffic for many months after Panda. So I can tell you first hand that even though content should be King, it isn't. It's just a factor to some extent. SEO is not to be ignored and unfortunately a good part of it seems to be those who can afford to buy backlinks and content from those who have created silos that are designed to be magnets. I won't say more. It took a ridiculous effort to work the traffic and Google still is unpredictable.

I have it set up that way as well but they are very creative. Fortunately I have good moderators and my setup requires these clowns to do a good deal of work that is conspicuous so that I can just have a one click and mass delete of all the garbage they try to post. They will leave URLs without actual links just to get the name of their clients visible. I'd love to move it to IPB and use the country ban add-on since the overwhelming majority of these problems are from India, Indonesia and sometimes the Philippines. Ban those 3 countries who generate virtually no revenue for me and the job would be much easier. The firewall was absolutely necessary to deal with the Netherlands, China, Russia, Ukraine and some other eastern block countries.

@8central to be honest when I see your site the first thing that pops into my mind is "This is one of those scam sites with a bunch of ads and stuff. Close the tab." Which is unfortunate because the design is so smooth and professional...but that's exactly what makes me think that. It seems too good to be true.

That might...actually have nothing to do with the topic at hand..but I thought I'd let you know.

Content is only "king" assuming your title/meta tags are of quality and you don't have duplicate content. Heck, I know a site that ranks #1 on thousands of keywords/phrases, only because he built it for SEO. I have far better quality, my site is 12 years old, his is 4 years old, and still I don't rank on page 1 for most phrases. He's using vB with vBSEO. Horrible when I have a well written article and he has a thread of 3 sentences and he ranks #1. I can't wait for IPB 3.4!

@8central to be honest when I see your site the first thing that pops into my mind is "This is one of those scam sites with a bunch of ads and stuff. Close the tab." Which is unfortunate because the design is so smooth and professional...but that's exactly what makes me think that. It seems too good to be true.

That might...actually have nothing to do with the topic at hand..but I thought I'd let you know.

I'm willing to hear some constructive criticism but you'll need to explain. I actually haven't had one person state this in all the years I've run the site. Google sends me messages every week that we don't have enough Adsense on our pages and our ad sponsorship is almost definitely less than anyone else I've ever seen in my niche. As I said, interested to hear what gives you this impression but never heard it before.

I'm willing to hear some constructive criticism but you'll need to explain. I actually haven't had one person state this in all the years I've run the site. Google sends me messages every week that we don't have enough Adsense on our pages and our ad sponsorship is almost definitely less than anyone else I've ever seen in my niche. As I said, interested to hear what gives you this impression but never heard it before.

For once I actually agree with Levy. This has little to do with SEO, but at a glance it looks like a domain placeholder to me. It's a smooth design, but it's busy with a lot of links crammed above the fold. There isn't much to give it coherence or make one portion stand out more than another.

For once I actually agree with Levy. This has little to do with SEO, but at a glance it looks like a

domain placeholder

to me. It's a smooth design, but it's busy with a lot of links crammed above the fold. There isn't much to give it coherence or make one portion stand out more than another.

I appreciate the comment but are you looking at my site? My site looks nothing like the domain placeholder graphic at all. And if you get away from the home page, which is never the place to look at as most never land on a home page from a search engine, it's about as clean a top menu as you can get with minimal links above the fold. I've got less links in my nav bar than most sites - 7 primary and about 15 in total including submenus.

I'm willing to hear comments but need to hear something specific and coherent and discuss. From what I hear the design looks nice but one user is used to browsing sites that scam him that have looked similar. Can't help that. Unless there is some trend, e.g. a huge blogroll in the sidebar of "sponsors", it's about not being able to please everyone 100% of the time.

Gosh I don't know. Maybe I'm just being stupid. Don't get me wrong, it's very clean and professional but I guess the words legal advice for free and everything else the site incorporates is just too good to be true....It's just this thing about the site..I just can't put my finger on it. Gosh so vague and unhelpful.

Whatever I guess I'm pretty off topic unless Google is thinking the same thing as me. :P

It just looks so much like those sites that pay for placement on Google searches that you know are going to suck and be useless. Just too good to be legit.

It just looks so much like those sites that pay for placement on Google searches that you know are going to suck and be useless. Just too good to be legit.

I think Ryan nailed it best.

For once I actually agree with Levy. This has little to do with SEO, but at a glance it looks like a

domain placeholder

to me. It's a smooth design, but it's busy with a lot of links crammed above the fold. There isn't much to give it coherence or make one portion stand out more than another.

It has a layout that you see on sites that used to exist but then the domain name expired and so the registrar puts up a generic site with content related to the site that used to be there with links that are paid for or whatever. Where it's very clean but just about everything is a link and no actual content.

I think if more of a "welcome" message were made, that might throw it off enough to not look like a placeholder. Also wouldn't hurt to have a comment on there saying, "This domain is NOT for sale" or something that lets the visitor know that it's the actual site and not one of those stupid/annoying search results pages.

Gosh I don't know. Maybe I'm just being stupid. Don't get me wrong, it's very clean and professional but I guess the words legal advice for free and everything else the site incorporates is just too good to be true....It's just this thing about the site..I just can't put my finger on it. Gosh so vague and unhelpful. Whatever I guess I'm pretty off topic unless Google is thinking the same thing as me. :tongue:

So the words free legal advice to is the equivalent of a scam? The leader in the industry is a site called free advice. ;) I do know that my law guide contains hundreds of articles with at least 500 words of quality, informative content and usually 600-1,100 words of value, not keyword filler. Believe it or not, SEO pundits say that it's too much good content and frown upon this practice. As a result, I may have to break up these articles into 2 pages because there is no way to adequately cover these subjects in mediocre 350-400 word articles that will still rank better. So much for content is king.

Our law forum is very large, spam free, mostly quality responses. We have a free law dictionary app for android and the iphone that has been downloaded over 250,000 times and has a very high rating. It's good content. You may have a quick, knee slap first impression. But Google is supposed to be smarter but the fact is that, unfortunately, it doesn't figure this out often. As I mentioned above, do a search for law forum. I know the SERPs. 50% of the first 20 were terrible last I looked. Content is only part of what will rank.

I'm not sure what this means. If you're talking about those long front pages with at least 5 pictures of testimonials, I agree that those look like they are going to suck. But if you go to lawyers .com and findlaw .com , they are similar in appearance and are million dollar sites. I don't know what "too good to be legit means." Perhaps for people I should make the site look less polished? Either way, the search engine should not be affected right?

Unless you've got a lot of money to spend, if the little things aren't done properly, your site will almost never grow and will stay in infancy. if the basic software doesn't cover the bases, you'll get beaten soundly by everyone else who does. Things like proper paths for your site should be a no brainer and they aren't yet here in IPB out of the box. There is a ton of competition and it's getting harder every day for reasonably decent paying niches.

I think Ryan nailed it best. It has a layout that you see on sites that used to exist but then the domain name expired and so the registrar puts up a generic site with content related to the site that used to be there with links that are paid for or whatever. Where it's very clean but just about everything is a link and no actual content.

I think if more of a "welcome" message were made, that might throw it off enough to not look like a placeholder. Also wouldn't hurt to have a comment on there saying, "This domain is NOT for sale" or something that lets the visitor know that it's the actual site and not one of those stupid/annoying search results pages.

Whose - Ryan's picture is not of my website. He was just using that as an example, which I think it doesn't resemble at all but thanks. (FYI, I'm looking at moving this one to IPB and have the other soon to launch.)

Whose - Ryan's picture is not of my website. He was just using that as an example, which I think it doesn't resemble at all but thanks. (FYI, I'm looking at moving this one to IPB and have the other soon to launch.)

I had visited the site in your link and didn't say anything before because Ryan had mentioned about a placeholder site which described what I was thinking.

So the words free legal advice to is the equivalent of a scam?

No, but the offer a free legal advice is a red flag, because scammers/spammers/etc offer it too, along with low cost/free prescription drugs, sexual enhancement products, college degrees, etc. No one is saying your site is a scam, just that people are weary of sites that offer it because of the other sites. Your site could be the number one site when it comes to legal advice, it wouldn't matter, the rotten apples out there make people weary of all sites, no matter how highly rated and respected it is.

8central, you're welcome to defend your site's design and whatever. I'm not interested in arguing with you because it's not really something that affects me here in the slightest. I was just letting you know my viewpoint of your site and my initial reaction when I saw it. I don't think you need to get so defensive.

Whatever, I guess I should've PM'd you instead of further strengthening my reputation as the greatest thread derailer to ever walk the IPS world.

Interesting. So to some the word "free" immediately makes people weary. Perhaps I should have said "Expensive Legal Advice" and then you would have come more quickly. :) What I didn't understand is how thousands of dollars in design and content is still the functional equivalent of a bare parking page with affiliate links. I don't know how you guys evaluate "quality" websites but I'll consider making a change. I appreciate the sharing of opinions and I welcome hearing the impressions of others. Sometimes doing things "right" and with the best of intentions doesn't mean the message gets across properly. Sometimes it's tainted by a multitude without good intentions. But as I mentioned, the industry leader is called "free advice" and they have 7 figure monthly traffic from what I know. Go figure!

Anyways... back onto the original topic. Whether or not the words are there on the home page, the content is stellar. Google clearly didn't punish my site in Panda because of those words. As I've pointed out elsewhere, there are sites that are clear spam without even valuable content that rank. Look at the law forum search. Why is it ranking above the majority of huge law forums? They shouldn't. The point is that SEO does exist, as much as many of us hate to admit that it does exist and that it can make a big difference.

I have it set up that way as well but they are very creative. Fortunately I have good moderators and my setup requires these clowns to do a good deal of work that is conspicuous so that I can just have a one click and mass delete of all the garbage they try to post. They will leave URLs without actual links just to get the name of their clients visible. I'd love to move it to IPB and use the country ban add-on since the overwhelming majority of these problems are from India, Indonesia and sometimes the Philippines. Ban those 3 countries who generate virtually no revenue for me and the job would be much easier. The firewall was absolutely necessary to deal with the Netherlands, China, Russia, Ukraine and some other eastern block countries.

I'm going to jump back a bit to comment on this. You really don't need a firewall for that. For this purpose alone, I'd say that you're wasting your money on a hardware firewall for such a simple website. (Simple being from a technical standpoint, just to clarify.) I would also strongly discourage using a software firewall for such a purpose.

If you want to block registrations based on the geographical location of a user, just do it from the software directly. You don't need to drop the connections entirely. You could easily look up the location of a member when they attempt to register for your site and then you'd only need to do the lookup once, when a user attempts to process a registration form, and not for every single connection being made to your server.

I'm going to jump back a bit to comment on this. You really don't need a firewall for that. For this purpose alone, I'd say that you're wasting your money on a hardware firewall for such a simple website. (Simple being from a technical standpoint, just to clarify.) I would also strongly discourage using a software firewall for such a purpose.

If you want to block registrations based on the geographical location of a user, just do it from the software directly. You don't need to drop the connections entirely. You could easily look up the location of a member when they attempt to register for your site and then you'd only need to do the lookup once, when a user attempts to process a registration form, and not for every single connection being made to your server.

Thanks for the helpful comments. I installed the firewall to prevent attacks. I have a couple of servers and my site gets thousands of unique visitors a day. After the firewall was installed I couldn't believe how much I saw in the logs. All sorts of scanners, etc. Looking in the error logs you can see dozens of hacking attacks, etc.

Regarding banning individual members - way too tedious. Fortunately these days the only times I need to do that are those coming from human visitors who dump spam on the site after going through the trouble of getting past the usual barriers, e.g. at least X number of posts before you can post links, etc. It is incredible sometimes how much crap these SEO link builders will do. Many of them set up fake accounts and try to fool the admins by posting once every week and then, hopefully 2 months later, sneaking in a post here and there which results quickly in the entire account being banned and posts removed. Usually I can tell by the dumb posts whether a user is legitimate. Great stuff! Really helpful info, thanks! That is the best help you can give somebody, bless you sir!

It's normal for servers to get hammered with various types of attacks. I posted about some attempted SQL injection attacks I noticed in the software logs not long ago.

You should aim to make your server secure enough that you shouldn't need to worry about any such attacks rather than try and avoid them by blocking out specific countries. Though I can't deny that I've had the urge to do the same thing you did a few times. Why should I care about anyone from places such as Nigeria?

But in the end, it's really not nececery. I can tail my auth.log right now and see failed login attempts from many different hosts. If your server has SSH authentication enabled, you should always use a secure password for all of your accounts. You should also have root login disabled in your SSH configuration. As long as you do both of the above, it's going to be nearly virtually impossible for anyone to successfully brute force your account. These people just launch distributed attacks to thousands of people at once in hopes that they'll find one unlucky bastard who has his password set as password and use his server to do various naughty things, such as send out spam and try and launch attacks against other random servers. If you can, you should even resort to using key only authentication on your server.

However, even I have some software firewall rules set simply for peace of mind. I have my server set to block anyone who makes 5 failed SSH logins in a 60 second time period.

Of course, while brute force attacks are only of many, they're the most common type of attack on servers that I know of other than port scans, which I consider it debatable to call port scans an attack.

Interesting. So to some the word "free" immediately makes people weary. Perhaps I should have said "Expensive Legal Advice" and then you would have come more quickly. smile.png What I didn't understand is how thousands of dollars in design and content is still the functional equivalent of a bare parking page with affiliate links.

Doesn't matter how much you spent on it or anything else. The initial appearance reminds one of those placeholder pages and with the mention of free (almost anything that is usually expensive) is a red flag. Not because of anything *you* have done, but because there are lots of cons and such and as a result, people tend to be more cautious. Unfortunately, those who are legit are shunned or punished because of those who are uncaring/devious/heartless/etc. What I find ironic is that many who do underhanded things are usually the first ones to cry foul if they aren't treated fairly or above a certain degree of fairness. ie, if they're last in line but are given priority, they have no problems with it. But if they're first in line and someone behind them gets priority for some reason (could be a legit reason too), they argue and fuss and everything else as though no one else matters. It's because they feel entitled and believe that they aren't doing anything wrong by putting themselves above everyone else even if it means cheating others. I would find it rather amusing if the scammers got scammed and when trying to get 'their' money back, they were to end up in a prison somewhere because it's found out how they got their money. Let karma be their undoing. (Sorry for the tangent, just despise scammers/spammers that much.)

Back to your site though. It's only because of dishonest people that visitors tend to follow the rule of thumb that if something seems too good to be true... Find a way to keep it clean (as it is now) while adding something that sticks out (but not in a tacky way) that says something like, "The number one site for free legal resources." or something else, so that it's tying things to your site rather than it seeming like a bunch of search results. Something at the top might do it. Other than it having that initial feel of being like a placeholder, it is a nicely done landing page. Clean and easy to see what's being offered, it's a matter of getting people to stay and read it.

Content is the most important thing , without quality content you'll basically achieve nothing.

People who ask proof about vBSEO should really be joking or have no information about many things. There has been tons of success stories published on vBSEO.com , go start reading those to find out what kind of changes they faced. Our big board traffic increased 200% in first year and in 3 years we now have 8-900% increase in stats.

We will not use IPB with the offered default way and we will apply many SEO strategies we find usefull in vBSEO including major FURL customisation. Current implementation of IPB is not usable for us. Our users love our current hierachical url structure and we will customise FURL to match our current structure live by customisations. Not only users but SE's also can categorise everything on your site easier. None of the bots out there are stupid , they can surely differ forum/topic/id-thre-name/ vs forum-name/id-thread-name/ but any improvement you apply to your site structure to ease bots job , you basically get award with more traffic.

blair nailed many things in his posts. All though i would like to hear the platform he mentions.

People who ask proof about vBSEO should really be joking or have no information about many things. There has been tons of success stories published on vBSEO.com , go start reading those to find out what kind of changes they faced. Our big board traffic increased 200% in first year and in 3 years we now have 8-900% increase in stats.

That's great, but I've never used vBulletin myself personally, so it's expected I and others who are in the same boat as me would likely have no information on it.

You should also understand "read the testimonials on the website that's trying to sell you the product" isn't exactly entirely convincing either..

Though it seems clear many people here have good things to say about it, you should expect skepticism. In truth, it could just be that vBulleting itself was/is so bad that vBSEO made such a huge difference, could it not?

All in all, I am not doubting vBSEO's success, I think I've heard enough opinions from various people here that it does seem to be a good and enticing product, but that's still not helpful. Maybe the IPS team could just go off that and do their own research, but it'd be nice to have some detailed analysis posted by (advanced) vBSEO users here as well. Things vBSEO offers that you'd like to see in IP.Board. Some good suggestions have been made on here, I'm not saying no one has put forth anything, I'm just saying I've seen more people blatantly say "so and so does it better" without providing any reason as to why that it gets a little tiring.

If you'd really like to help drive this discussion forward, I implore you to post some of the customizations you'd recommend IPS makes yourself.

Preferably in another thread as wolfie suggested, as this one is hell.

We already supplied some to Matt and the team. It is up to them applying those or not but from what i've been following , it looks like they will not implement maybe one of the most important changes ( FURL customising ) .

But if i need to summarize those

1. Furl customisation
  2. Short thread preview ( 15-20 words ) of first post below thread title
  3. Taking advantage of html 5 structure tags like header , nav , footer , aside etc...
  4. Improved html 5 itemscope items for time / date etc...
  5. Related content display ability
  6. Move junk content in header to footer and keep it in place with simple CSS , apply similar to postbits
    <body>
        <div id="main_wrapper">
            <nav id="navigation>
                <div id="primary_nav"> … </div>
            </nav>
            <div id="content">
                …
            </div>
        </div>
        <header id="header">
            <div id="header_bar">…</div>
            <div id="branding">…</div>
        </header>
        <footer id="footer">
            <div id="footer_utilities">…</div>
        </footer>
    </body>

#main_wrapper {
        margin-top: #header_bar + #branding height;
    }
    #header {
        height: #header_bar + #branding height;
        position: absolute;
        top: 0;
    }
    <ol id="ips_Posts" start="1">
        <li id="post_id_x">
            <div class="post_wrap">
                <h3>…</h3>
                <div class="post_body">…</post>
                <div class="author_info">…</post>
            </div>
        </li>
    </ol>

.post_wrap {
        position: relative;
    }
    .post_body {
        margin-left: author_info width;
    }
    .author_info {
        left: 0;
        position: absolute;
        width: author_info width;
    }

7. Use correct semantic items , posts are each displayed as list items so correct semantic should be used to display posts. Instead of div - div layouts , posts should use ordered list.
  8. Better meta tag usage , right now meta keywords and desciription is nearly identical and not that great. It should also follow vBSEO method.
    <meta content="New Seo Update Suggestion Content is the most important thing , without quality content youll basically achieve nothing People who ask proof about vBSEO should really be joking or have no information about many things There has been tons of success stories published on vBSEOcom , go start reading those to find out what kind of changes they faced Our big board traffic increased 200 in first year and in 3 years we now have 8-900 increase in stats We will not use IPB with the offered defaul..." name="keywords">
    <meta content="Page 7 of 7 - New Seo Update Suggestion - posted in IP.Board: Content is the most important thing , without quality content youll basically achieve nothing.   People who ask proof about vBSEO should really be joking or have no information about many things. There has been tons of success stories published on vBSEO.com , go start reading those to find out what kind of changes they faced. Our big board traffic increased 200% in first year and in 3 years we now have 8-900% increase in st..." name="description">

Lets have a look at vBSEO one

http://www.vbseo.com/f2/404-301-tool-after-import-redirect-impex-imported-forums-27498/

<meta content="404,301,Tool,After,Import,Redirect,ImpEx,imported,forums,forum, vbulletin, imported, 301, folder, tool, subdomain, .htaccess, urls, redirect, impex, import, problems, 404, forums" name="keywords">
    <meta content="One of vBulletin's biggest advantages is Impex. ImpEx is a tool which allows you to easily import content from most of the other popular forum systems to vBulletin, allowing" name="description">

Please take a look at the differences.

9. Display only relative RSS content instead of all site RSS content . For example check source of this page you can find all following inside header which increases page size
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/user/127438-intasar/" rel="author">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/downloads/" title="Last 10 Submissions RSS Feed" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/forums/1-ips-news-and-updates/" title="IPS News And Updates" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/blog/" title="Invision Power Services Blogs RSS feed" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/gallery/" title="IP.Gallery Images RSS Feed" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/calendar/1-community-calendar/" title="Community Calendar" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/11-custom-services/" title="Custom Services" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/4-documentation/" title="Documentation" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/9c180-ips-community/" title="Articles: IPS Community" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/9c220-ips-client-area/" title="Articles: IPS Client Area" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/9c181-system-settings/" title="Articles: System Settings" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/9c182-tools/" title="Articles: Tools" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/9c183-applications-and-modules/" title="Articles: Applications and Modules" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c192-ipboard/" title="Bug Tracker: IP.Board" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c193-ipblog/" title="Bug Tracker: IP.Blog" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c198-ipcalendar/" title="Bug Tracker: IP.Calendar" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c199-ipchat/" title="Bug Tracker: IP.Chat" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c194-ipcontent/" title="Bug Tracker: IP.Content" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c195-ipdownloads/" title="Bug Tracker: IP.Downloads" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c196-ipgallery/" title="Bug Tracker: IP.Gallery" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c197-ipnexus/" title="Bug Tracker: IP.Nexus" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c218-mobile-apps/" title="Bug Tracker: Mobile Apps" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c210-ips-extras/" title="Bug Tracker: IPS Extras" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c201-documentation/" title="Bug Tracker: Documentation" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c200-ipconverge/" title="Bug Tracker: IP.Converge" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c202-ips-web-site-and-client-area-not-for-software-issues/" title="Bug Tracker: IPS Web Site and Client Area (not for software issues)" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c212-ips-marketplace-app/" title="Bug Tracker: IPS Marketplace App" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c206-converters/" title="Bug Tracker: Converters" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c211-ipseo/" title="Bug Tracker: IP.SEO" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">
    <link href="http://community.invisionpower.com/rss/ccs/12c213-iptracker/" title="Bug Tracker: IP.Tracker" type="application/rss+xml" rel="alternate">

That was probably the best post made in this entire thread thus far, but as far as FURL customization goes, I belive you can easily tweak almost any of the FURL files yourself. I've tweaked the FURL structure of a few apps myself. With that in mind, I'm curious how technically difficult it would be to add it as a feature itself.

Archived