Regarding posting in IPS blogs and new licence changes

Breadfan

First of all, I think it really sucks that folks who don't have active licences (expired) can't post replies in IPS blogs and ask or comment on the stuff posted. Second, (I wanted to ask this in the IPS blog but couldn't), how do I renew any of my licences in the new system? I went to the Client Area but couldn't figure out how to renew any of the apps? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

You have to re-purchase

$65 for the Gallery after all those years.

Really starting to think ....its time for something else

This is no way of treating a customer

Where did you hear this? If you purchased our software, we don't make you repurchase a brand new license simply to renew it. :blink:

I STRONGLY suggest anyone with questions about their license contact the account assistance department (accounts@invisionpower.com) to get clear and accurate answers. :) I fear posting your "but with my account..." type questions here are going to pull out inaccurate responses, such as the one above.

Yeah but a few years ago I orderd a FULL suite , now it is a suite with only 20% in it

Its like buying a car with Full option
and after 3 years they come at your door and remove the seats and windows unless you pay for it ... but I did pay for it, remmeber I payed for the complete car
Do'h

Yeah but a few years ago I orderd a FULL suite , now it is a suite with only 20% in it

Its like buying a car with Full option

and after 3 years they come at your door and remove the seats and windows unless you pay for it ... but I did pay for it, remmeber I payed for the complete car

Do'h

If you purchased a suite when it was just Board+Blog+Gallery, then yes that is all you would get. We honor the terms of the license agreement at the time. If IP.Content wasn't even available then, surely you don't expect to get that application for free 5 years later? :unsure:

submit a ticket to have (an invoice) generated for what you want to renew.

I STRONGLY suggest anyone with questions about their license contact the account assistance department (accounts@invisionpower.com) to get clear and accurate answers. :smile:

:thumbsup:

• Management

Okay ... I have a reactive button now also.

few minutes ago there was none.

I'm only interested in the forum and the Gallery, its all ok now.

man you guys scared the faeces out of me

I always pay my updates

For future reference: Just take a quick moment to pause and ask before you jump to conclusions as you did earlier in this topic. It was just a mistake we weren't trying to make you pay anything again :) ... Posting things like that is dangerous as people will read it and just assume it's true when it's very much not.

For future reference: Just take a quick moment to pause and ask before you jump to conclusions as you did earlier in this topic. It was just a mistake we weren't trying to make you pay anything again :smile: ... Posting things like that is dangerous as people will read it and just assume it's true when it's very much not.

So, in summary, IPS isn't a bunch of theives! :tongue: They are humans that can say whoops and fix an issue if you submit a ticket and tell them about it.

You have to re-purchase

$65 for the Gallery after all those years.

Really starting to think ....its time for something else

This is no way of treating a customer

Look guys ... I was suppriced and jumped a bit to early.

You can delete my posts if you like.

I'm glad it is all sorted out, you are humans also, and humans make mistakes.

Anytime you think IPS is changing things up so you have to pay more for what you already have, just ask and you'll most likely be told that you don't. I can't think of any time that IPS has gone back on a purchase and raised the price on a renewal/etc. They may change the terms of an agreement that will affect NEW purchases after the change, but never seen an agreement update be made retroactive where it goes against the customer. I still have a Lifetime license from a long time ago and I've "retired" it, meaning that I'm keeping it for it's nostalgic value but not actively using it. It doesn't get any of the benefits of the new standard license though, such as SMS, VSE, etc. But if I ever decide to use it again, it has lifetime access/support on it. That hasn't changed and, in fact, IPS tried to offer the extra services as an add-on but dropped it as it was causing too many issues. So they actually tried to accommodate the legacy licenses even though they didn't have to.

Not really directing the comment at you specifically, just making a mention for everyone to keep it in mind so if someone ever gets the same thought, they'll know to ask and be confident that IPS will usually try to lean in the clients favor. Their attitude is the kind that more businesses should adopt.

We are not out to "pull one over" on our clients. That is simply not how we do business. What we are trying to do is simplify and streamline our offerings, and really the approach to our offerings, so that we can adapt our business models to the future direction we wish to take with our software offerings. Our blog entries have explained where we are going with this, the reasons, and how we have calculated the specifics of the license change overs. You are of course always free to submit a ticket and ask someone to check your account if you have any concerns. :)

All of this is kind of weird to sort through... At the end of the day I don't care. IPS is a good company and I trust that they did their math right and they're not trying to rip anyone off.

mine looks like I may have gained about 3 weeks.
on a quick glance it looks like the system defaulted to giving to the customer.

Ok. how about non-active licence holders not being able to comment on IPS blogs? Granted, there are lots of inactive licence holders (not visiting forums etc) but there are also lots of folks who didn't renew but are active on the forums and care about developement of IPS products and as such would like to take part in blog discussions. If I was able to post there, I wouldn't have opened this thread in the first place. The way it is, even if I have a most simple question about some minor detail regarding this and that, I would have to open a new thread instead of just asking there.

I don't see it "motivating" inactive licence holders to renew just to be able to post there and as such, the whole idea behind it is unclear to me.

This is not me "bashing" IPS, just my own personal opinion.

Archived