Suggestion About Hosting pack

Lucky1991

hello Ip board Lovers i want to make suggestion about ip board self host we already know 10 dollar you will get 700 Mb disk space and unlimited traffic, 10 users online, so i want to make suggestion about Standard hosting package where you get 1Gb Disk Space and unlimited traffic and 25 users which is good but my idea is standard package should be atleast 10 GB disk space we pay 20 dollar per month so who likes my idea please comment

Considering you aren't able to host anything other than IPB on IPB hosting, why do you need so much space?

The only thing that would take up that much room would be if you had a boat load of images in your gallery...

I just ran a backup of my board and DB with 35k posts on it.. All files, and the DB, were less than 400mb. Including all uploads. Though I don't use gallery very extensively.

There not a file hosting company. All those 10mb file uploads aren't needed. Use file hosting sites for that. If your database even nears 1GB, I assure you will learn by then that IPS hosting is not for you. No offense.

EDIT: Nothing is wrong with IPS Hosting. Its great. You'll just outgrow it at some point :)

There not a file hosting company. All those 10mb file uploads aren't needed. Use file hosting sites for that. If your database even nears 1GB, I assure you will learn by then that IPS hosting is not for you. No offense.

Probably better stated that you've 'outgrown' IPS hosting.

Would be the same case as if you were on a shared host. 'unlimited' really isn't 'unlimited'. Think about that for a bit..

EDIT: Nothing is wrong with IPS Hosting. Its great. You'll just outgrow it at some point :smile:

Which is a good thing - it means your community is thriving and doing quite well. As mentioned, you can pack quite a punch into 700MB. You're much more likely to need to upgrade based on users than based on file storage.

That being said - If your community file centric, like a photography forum, Consider using some other medium for your users to host a majority of their uploads - such as flickr - or consider storing file uploads off-server on a CDN. Some of our customers very much like maxcdn.com for hosting file uploads in a push zone.

actually i just worry about disk space that why i didn't enable da download apps i think 1 gb its good for 1 year and then i will buy licence 175 dollar and host with host gator next year

Considering you aren't able to host anything other than IPB on IPB hosting, why do you need so much space?

The only thing that would take up that much room would be if you had a boat load of images in your gallery...

I just ran a backup of my board and DB with 35k posts on it.. All files, and the DB, were less than 400mb. Including all uploads. Though I don't use gallery very extensively.

Some of our customers very much like maxcdn.com for hosting file uploads in a push zone.

Collin, this is possible? I inquired once in a ticket how one could host uploads separately from the board, and was told that it was impossible. I'd love to know how it is done.

Collin, this is possible? I inquired once in a ticket how one could host uploads separately from the board, and was told that it was impossible. I'd love to know how it is done.

Yes, it's possible to host uploaded files off-server, though I believe it just started being possible in IP.Board with version 3.2 or 3.3. It's been in IP.Downloads for some time. :)

In IP.Board:
%7Boption%7D

In IP.Downloads:
%7Boption%7D
%7Boption%7D

NetDNA has a (very basic) article on it as well:
http://support.netdna.com/knowledgebase/cdn-with-invision-power-board/

Archived