Rough ETA on 3.3.5?

Breadfan

• 2 weeks later...

Either that or people hate the new tracker so much that they don't wanna post bugs anymore.

I do not want to go there anymore... It has very unfriendly look...
I used to stop every time i come to forum and first thing that i do click on Tracker but NOT anymore...

I see 3.3.5 is still listed in the tracker and it has quite a list of bug fixes. Does this mean it will be eventually released as a (perhaps) a final stable version for 3.3.x series?

Brandon and Mark have already answered this as best we can in this thread.

Mark already addressed your question as best as possible at this time.

We have a 3.3.x branch and a 3.4 branch. We are unsure at this time if we will make another release under the 3.3.x branch (i.e. a 3.3.5), or if the fixes that are being made at present marked as 3.3.5 will just get merged into 3.4.0. This will largely depend upon the severity of any bugs found between now and when we are ready to release 3.4.0. If major issues are found, a 3.3.5 will be released. If not, we will move straight to 3.4.0. It is impossible to answer any other way at the moment, as we have no way to know what will be found between now and then I'm afraid. :unsure:

Little off top to get your attention of this:

to come in Nexus 1.5.3.. something what is be or not to be.. to stay with Nexus or not for me, requested since 1.4.8.

How about current 3rd party apps designed for 3.3.4? will their functionality will be affected much by 3.4?

http://community.inv...mat-validation/

to come in Nexus 1.5.3.. something what is be or not to be.. to stay with Nexus or not for me, requested since 1.4.8.

How about current 3rd party apps designed for 3.3.4? will their functionality will be affected much by 3.4?

I expect most apps for 3.3.x will require little or no changes to work with 3.4.x.

Changes are inevitable. It all depends on what the 3rd party app is doing, linked into, and what classes it uses.

You can't make a blanket answer yes or no to that question. It's impossible without inspecting EVERY 3rd party app and making a determination on each.

Also, IPS isn't done with it yet.. Patience grasshopper.

Changes are inevitable. It all depends on what the 3rd party app is doing, linked into, and what classes it uses.

You can't make a blanket answer yes or no to that question. It's impossible without inspecting EVERY 3rd party app and making a determination on each.

Also, IPS isn't done with it yet.. Patience grasshopper.

I'm not in a rush (except my one expection for Nexus). Just was curious if 3.4 gonna bring huge changes of all main systems or only improvements.

Hmm..well, 40+ bug fixes from 3.3.4 -> 3.3.5...

Which also means there are 40+ bug fixes 3.3.4 -> 3.4.

Brandon said earlier than they have concurrent paths... Any fixes implemented in "3.3.5" would also be implemented in 3.4...

If something major comes up and they aren't ready with 3.4, i'm sure they will address it in a 3.3.5.. But if nothing major comes up, i'd expect they wait till 3.4....

They went 2-3 weeks between releases of 3.3.x... It's been what, a months now on 3.3.4?

Hmm..well, 40+ bug fixes from 3.3.4 -> 3.3.5...

That's a low number, to be honest. If that's all of the important bugs (ie, bugs that need to be fixed as opposed to being put on hold), then that's really not worth the effort of updating unless one of them is rather urgent. Which is any of them were, we'd be getting a 3.3.5 release.

They went 2-3 weeks between releases of 3.3.x... It's been what, a months now on 3.3.4?

July 11th, so a tad over a month. So still too early to tell if there will be a .5 release or not. Also since this community isn't running on .5 yet, it's a good sign that IF it does get released, it won't be this week and likely won't be next week neither. If this community gets updated to .5, then it's a safe bet that it'll be released to us shortly after that.

I wasn't really waiting for 3.3.5 until i hit this bug - Edit Category - Since my mates site has got that bug, but then released its the same on my live site and both test sites. I cant believe that a lot more users haven't found this to be annoying ? or has it just decided to come and annoy me. :D
Has anyone got a little bit of code that can fix that bug ?

Looking forward to 3.4 But i would like to see a 3.3.5 before hand, even if it is just a week before the release of 3.4 at least it would have fixed the bugs that are driving some users mad.

I cant believe that a lot more users haven't found this to be annoying ? or has it just decided to come and annoy me. :D

This would only affect people that are editing categories... The majority of boards are likely setup and don't need tweaks...

I wasn't really waiting for 3.3.5 until i hit this bug -

Edit Category

- Since my mates site has got that bug, but then released its the same on my live site and both test sites. I cant believe that a lot more users haven't found this to be annoying ? or has it just decided to come and annoy me. :D

Has anyone got a little bit of code that can fix that bug ?

Low priority bug. If you do something so that the bug affects you, it's easy to undo by going 'back' a page or two (if you had just edited it) and resaving it with the option set to treat it as a forum. Or by changing a value via the SQL toolbox. If you don't know how to do it then unless there are posts associated with that 'forum' or some other important reason, you could just delete it and remake it.

Archived