Rough ETA on 3.3.5?

Breadfan

Judging by the tracker, there shouldn't be too many bug fixes in 3.3.5 and was wondering if there's a rough estimate on its release. I would renew my licence for the upgrade since, I presume, 3.3.5 will be the last from the 3.3.x series and the focus will be shifted towards 3.4.0 (and the rest of the apps)?

Thanks

We're currently working on 3.3.5 and 3.4.0 side-by-side. It's possible we'll just go straight to 3.4 depending on what comes up in the meantime.

You're of course welcome to let your license expire and just renew when a new version is released :)

We're currently working on 3.3.5 and 3.4.0 side-by-side. It's possible we'll just go straight to 3.4 depending on what comes up in the meantime.

You're of course welcome to let your license expire and just renew when a new version is released :smile:

So could you say if 3.4 is months or weeks away?

Aaaand.. I hope it doesn't contain a lot of skin changes?

You're of course welcome to let your license expire and just renew when a new version is released :smile:

Mark, thanks for the reply.
Thing is, I'm looking to upgrade to the latest stable (bugs-wise) 3.3.x version (currently running 3.3.2) before the next major release (3.4.x).
IF 3.3.4 is to be the latest from the 3.3.x series, then I guess I would upgrade to that version..if you plan on merging 3.3.5 to 3.4.0, I'm not sure how much different will it be and how would it affect the custom skins?

So could you say if 3.4 is months or weeks away?

Aaaand.. I hope it doesn't contain a lot of skin changes?

We have not announced an expected release time frame, or whether there will be any skin changes yet.

I will say that skin changes should be minimal.

Thing is, I'm looking to upgrade to the latest stable (bugs-wise) 3.3.x version (currently running 3.3.2) before the next major release (3.4.x).

IF 3.3.4 is to be the latest from the 3.3.x series, then I guess I would upgrade to that version..if you plan on merging 3.3.5 to 3.4.0, I'm not sure how much different will it be and how would it affect the custom skins?

There is no way to say just yet how much custom skins will be affected. More information will be available in our blog as 3.4 nears.

3.3.4 is very stable as far as I can see. I think this version has had the least amount of bug reports ever since 3.2 was released. Either that or people hate the new tracker so much that they don't wanna post bugs anymore.

Either way IPS has already stated in a blog that one of the goals of 3.4 is to make minimum skin changes.

Aynway, would be nice to know if there will be 3.3.5 for sure or you guys just plan on merging it with future 3.4.0 version.
If 3.3.5 is planned, then I would wait a bit longer untill it's released..if not, then I guess I'd go for 3.3.4.

Aynway, would be nice to know if there will be 3.3.5 for sure or you guys just plan on merging it with future 3.4.0 version.

If 3.3.5 is planned, then I would wait a bit longer untill it's released..if not, then I guess I'd go for 3.3.4.

Mark already addressed your question as best as possible at this time.

We have a 3.3.x branch and a 3.4 branch. We are unsure at this time if we will make another release under the 3.3.x branch (i.e. a 3.3.5), or if the fixes that are being made at present marked as 3.3.5 will just get merged into 3.4.0. This will largely depend upon the severity of any bugs found between now and when we are ready to release 3.4.0. If major issues are found, a 3.3.5 will be released. If not, we will move straight to 3.4.0. It is impossible to answer any other way at the moment, as we have no way to know what will be found between now and then I'm afraid. :unsure:

If you merge them both, please give us reasonable notice about (a) any necessary skin changes, and (b) the approximate time frame you're talking about. Of course nobody is expecting a nail down date but if you're a developer, you really do need to have some ballpark estimate whether we're talking weeks, months e.g. 3-6-9. Makes it easier for everyone. Thanks for your consideration.

Go into gallery, or blog, or the tracker and type in a comment and then hit tab and rage in a blind fury as your cursor jumps to the search bar.

Never having tried to use tab in a comment I hadn't noticed :) but ... Yes it does and I didn't use tab again so I didn't go into a blind fury LOL

Browser's not a problem since I use private browsing so I have no cache.

Never having tried to use tab in a comment I hadn't noticed :) but ... Yes it does and I didn't use tab again so I didn't go into a blind fury LOL

It's especially annoying when you hit enter afterwards.

Yes of course we have internal estimates for 3.4, however we do not release those estimates until we have a better idea of whether we will hit them or not.

I realize that many of you are fine with slipped plans. It happens in software development frequently. Sadly, many of our clients do not fully understand the development process and tend to hold us to any estimates, so we're very careful about putting estimates out. We only do so once we're confident (to the extent possible) that we will meet them.

Archived