I am moving my community to IPS' competition.

Peter Parker

I am really pissed off about the way issues have been being handled here. I have posted several topics looking for help that there were NO answers to, just totally ignored. One being about IP SEO.

I posted the bug in the "tracker" and IPS staff just labeled it as "cant reproduce," and it got swept under the rug. So basically because he cant reproduce it, AS A PAYING CUSTOMER I dont deserve to have a functioning component of my board to make google see topics correctly. Without using IP SEO's meta tag editor, google doesnt see topics correctly. http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-37975-launch-live-meta-tage-editor-not-working/

Even after weeks of article submission, and other quality, non spammy, time consuming, link building activies, I am still stuck on the second page of google. and I didnt make it there thanks to this software! I was NO WHERE on google before I started link building. Content is king if its veiwed correctly! I can gaurantee the reason why I am stuck on the second page of google is because of the way topics are being seen by google. There is no way for someone without much coding experience would know how to fix this issue with the way topics are displayed.

IPS should not advertise IP SEO as a selling point if there is NO support for it.

I WILL NOT renew my license, and I will be switching to Vbulletin. I wanted to stay here, I know how to use the ACP, and I like they way my community looks, but the functionality IS CRAP! I am sure that many clients of IPS have gone this route, and many more will follow.

Goodbye IPS!

P.S. -I wont be coming back here so if you post something I wont even read it. FREE FOR ALL! (I bet this gets locked and hidden real fast)

Have you submitted a ticket in Client Area? The support on forums is Peer to Peer Support. If you submit a ticket, IPB Staff will definely reply there.

For the bug - if it can't be produced, then most likely it isn't a bug. It can be a issue on your boards which you should submit a ticket in the Client Area as the staff can look into it for you.

If you really do say you are a paying customer, you should take advantage and fill out tickets in Client Area as the staff can help you.

P.S. -I wont be coming back here so if you post something I wont even read it. FREE FOR ALL! (I bet this gets locked and hidden real fast)

IPB doesn't hide topics mate :) . And when they close topics, they close it for a reason.

IPB doesn't hide topics mate

Actuallly they do..well I only have one specific example, the rest is just what I've heard. Not a big deal though.

As for being on Google's second page. I think patience is a factor. My forum has been around for a little over five months now. After the first month or two I got to page two. After installing 3.3.1 and using IP.SEO I got to the bottom of page one about a month and a half later. And right now I'm #2/#3 it keeps switching. Not too bad right?

I don't think I did too much in terms of link building. If I had a topic that I knew would be popular for people in this niche then I would post a link to it on a couple related broader niche high PR sites. I guess it helps that one of my users that posts actively on a high ranking forum put a link to my site in their signature?

I have posted several topics looking for help that there were NO answers to

IPS doesn't have to reply in Peer to Peer support forums. If you have problems, use tickets, that's why they have it.

So basically because he cant reproduce it, AS A PAYING CUSTOMER

Paying customer means jack in this situation. If the developers cannot reproduce the issue, then they cannot fix it. You can't fix something that isn't broken.

]switching to Vbulletin[/font]

I was thinking you were going to move to Xenforo, but when I saw this I laughed!

Based on your decision above and what you said in your post, it looks like your top priority is search engine rankings over having a pleasing forum, because VB looks like puss.

Based on your desion above and what you said in your post, it looks like you only care about seach engine rankings then having a pleasing forum.

Nothing wrong with being in the majority. <_<

You should probably edit your post back to what it used to say. You might get in trouble for your colorful addition.

Nothing wrong with being in the majority. <_<

You should probably edit your post back to what it used to say. You might get in trouble for your colorful addition.

Majority of what? SEO addicts?

How would I get in trouble for my opinion on it's looks? I'm not going to hate on myself :tongue: and I certainly don't care what other people think of my opinion on this. I'm not the only one that thinks it looks awful either.

SEO is highly over rated. Good content will give you much better results.

I agree. I've built up a very successful and modestly profitable forum by providing top quality content. I seldom ever bother to check where common searches have me ranked on Google although I've just checked and I'm number 2 result after the software vendor that my forum supports is number one. If anything the recent forum upgrades and IP SEO enhancements have moved me up 1 or two places.

3DKiwi

Archived