DustinRyan

Memory

36 posts in this topic

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Memory

File Submitter: DustinRyan

File Submitted: 29 Jun 2012

File Category: Themed Skins

Supported Versions: IP.Blog 2.6.x, IP.Board 3.4.x, IP.Calendar 3.3.x, IP.Chat 1.4.x, IP.Content 2.3.x, IP.Downloads 2.5.x, IP.Gallery 5.0.x, IP.Nexus 1.5.x

With it's off-white and brownish feel, Memory is great for any general community. With it's slight grain texture and subtle hovers and customizations, this is a skin that's well worth the very low price tag of FREE.

Supported add-ons: Calendar, Chat, Gallery, Downloads, Blogs, Nexus, and Content.

*FREE mobile skin included*

here to download this file

How would I bring the Application Tabs under logo.png? By default they follow the logo but I'd like them to drop down onto a new line (hope that makes sense!)

The primary_nav div is placed inside the branding div, so you'll need to cut and paste the primary_nav div (all of it) out of the branding div, and place it below. You might need to restyle a couple things to get it looking how you want, but that's the jist of it. Taking the primary_nav div out of the branding div and put it below on its own.

EDIT: Another way would be to add height to the branding div in the CSS and then maybe a float: left property to primary_nav so it slides in under the logo.

LOL Thanks. You're talking to an old man who barely remembers what he had for breakfast but, OK I'll see if I can do that without breaking things :smile:

Edit: Well actually that was much easier than I expected. Thank you!

I figured it thanks. As you said, moving the primary_nav div outside/below the branding div did the trick. I had to play with the padding around my logo but that was simply tweaking it until I was happy with the position.

Thanks again.

Great skin btw! :thumbsup:

I'm having one issue, not really an issue but an annoyance. Once i switch to this skin from the Change theme link, I am unable to change from it. the menu won't open when its clicked. I have made no modifications to this skin yet.

Are you the same person who just posted on my company's forum?

It sounds like you have a JavaScript issue. Check if the search bar is working, as well as cliking your username. If no dropdowns work, it's a JavaScript error. Are you sure you made no changes to the skin at all? Have you tried running the template tools after importing the skin to clear cache and such?

In ipb_styles look for the #content div where it says max-width: 1100px. Change that number to a new pixel width. Or if you want a fluid width, change 1100px to 87% or whatever percentage you want. If you need help locating the ipb_styles.css in your ACP, I can absolutely make the change for you, or provide a more detailed description of its location.

I have two few more edits I'm trying to do.

1. For this I'm trying to expand the bottom like I done with the rest of the skin.

2. For this skin I get the align issue with the bottom where the members online overlapping.

3. For this one the top image is what the skin is doing and the bottom is what is happening. The current way is fine, but I have a banner that pushs it to the right. Can I add a </ br> to send it below the banner and let the menu expand?

thanks for the help

1. If you edited the correct #content CSS class, the bottom would have expanded to match the rest of the width. They use the same class. What #content div did you edit? There are two.

2. I'm not quite sure why that is happening. Can you link me to your forum so I can take a look? I can't seem to duplicate your problem on my end.

3. Your logo is too wide. The way the header is organized is to put the logo next to the primary_nav which is next to the search bar. The logo is not on top of the primary_nav. Your logo will either need to be a smaller width, or you can move the search bar out of the header to create room. Or change the primary_nav links to fall into a dropdown menu instead of listed horizontally, to create space. Or, you could increase the width of the skin. But I can't guarantee that will fix it for everyone depending on their resolution size.

1. If you edited the correct #content CSS class, the bottom would have expanded to match the rest of the width. They use the same class. What #content div did you edit? There are two.

2. I'm not quite sure why that is happening. Can you link me to your forum so I can take a look? I can't seem to duplicate your problem on my end.

3. Your logo is too wide. The way the header is organized is to put the logo next to the primary_nav which is next to the search bar. The logo is not on top of the primary_nav. Your logo will either need to be a smaller width, or you can move the search bar out of the header to create room. Or change the primary_nav links to fall into a dropdown menu instead of listed horizontally, to create space. Or, you could increase the width of the skin. But I can't guarantee that will fix it for everyone depending on their resolution size.

1. I edited the first one as below.

2. I noted you my board.

3. Is there a way to put in a break so it can be sent down a line but keep all the stuff in tact?

You PMed me a link to your board, but I can't edit anything for you because I don't have an admin login and guests can't see the skin, anyway, so I can't do much for you at the moment. If you provide an admin login I can make the edits for you.

Should be all fixed now. Let me know if anything looks off.

Is there a way to push the navigation menu below the banner, in your regular template you have it beside it. That what I was trying to do. Send it below the banner with a small space between the ending of the banner and the start of the menus system. :smile: That why I was using the arrows in the picture.

Noticed an overlap in the IP.Blog, top left, the {Blog Name} image overlaps on top of the navigation menu.

post-406446-0-67425500-1363617495_thumb.

Could you link me to your blog on your forum? For whatever reason, which IPS still never really told me why, I can't enable dynamic blog headers, nor do any skins reflect CSS for the dynamic blog header on my end. Various people at IPS claim the dynamic blog header was removed in newer versions, others say it's in the ACP like it always was. A bit odd that even the company itself has varying "facts" about it. I can definitely adjust this for you right away, I just need a live dynamic blog header to look at.

Possible bug.

Overlap of image and text in the Gallery >> Image Moderation when editing a photo if the thumbnail size is larger than the default of 100x100.

"Memory" is not compatible with IPB v3.4.5 if you are using the latest version of IP.Gallery, v5.0.5. When switching from the default master IP.Board forum skin, this error appears:

Fatal error: Call to a member function hookRecentGalleryImages() on a non-object in /board/admin/applications_addon/ips/gallery/sources/classes/hooks.php on line 101

While some members on my forums are reporting that sometimes pressing "F5" clears the error, this error should not appear in the first place. I've verified that the error appears. Something with the latest version of the "Memory" forum skin is not compatible with the latest IPS Community Suite.