(tng34) Custom Profile Field Dropdown

102 posts in this topic

%7Boption%7D

File Name: (tng34) Custom Profile Field Dropdown

File Submitter: alexp999

File Submitted: 24 Jun 2012

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

The (tng34) Custom Profile Field Dropdown hook displays custom profile field groups as dropdowns in the user info pane and in an optional tab on profile pages.

This hook allows you to give your members the opportunity to fill out groups of custom profile fields for things like their computer specifications, camera equipment, collections, etc. And have it displayed everywhere their User Info Pane shows, such as topics and PMs, and in their Profile, all without taking up lots of room.

I'm sure many of you who have used a lot of the big tech sites have seen the dropdowns in topics which allow you to fill out your System Specs, or Rig information, this hook gives you that ability and more by leveraging the powerful custom profile field feature built in to IP.Board. Whats more, it is not limited to just one or two dropdowns, you can have as many as you want.

Features:

• Completely controllable from the Admin CP
  • Option to move the Profile Field Groups into their own seperate tab on Member's Profiles
  • Value Add Options to help with page load, clutter and more
  • Supports an unlimited number of Custom Profile Field Groups
  • NEW! Multiple Visibility Options - Check out the screenshot of the ACP!
  • Coded for the best effeciency using caches and avoiding taxing PHP functions
  • Uses standard IPB CSS classes so should work on any skin!
  • Non-javascript fallback to members profile or tab if enabled
  • No hardcoded text, uses Admin input and language strings
  • No additional database queries
  • No extra CSS needed (but includes unique classes for those that want it)
  • No extra Javascript files loaded
  • No Template changes

here to download this file

ee_joseph likes this

Hello,

Thanks for a cool mod, however, I use other mod like secondary group icon display, http://screenshooter...7649269/qiwjrno the red label.

As your mods injects the original IPS Fields profiles module (this means you must know where it is located and how it is built) so maybe you would be able to tell me how to move the profile fields just below posts to keep anything else below it.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Hi,

Have you tried re-arranging the hooks in your Admin CP? The order of the hooks determines the order in which mods appear.

Alex.

Could you please explain exactly how you would like it laid out? Maybe a modified screenshot or something?

I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to do.

Alex.

http://screenshooter...7649269/gswsteh

The red label comes from Secondary Group Image hook by wolf

The City, and RIG Specification are the profile Custom Fields

The Contributor comes from Tutorials Application by michael.

I can realize you may do not deal with the other mods, however as you probably know where to look to make the custom fields displayed just after posts count, then everything else below.
What I want to do it move Profile Custom Fields UP, just below posts count and above everything else.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Ah I see,

Yeah this can be done, you can change the hook point (within reason) from the AdminCP, although you will have to repeat these steps everytime you update Wolf's hook. You should then be able to change the hook order to put the secondary icon after the custom fields :)

[*]Login to your Admin CP and go to Manage Hooks. [*]Click the Edit (pencil) button next to Wolf's Secondary Icons Hook [*]Click the Files tab and change the following settings:

[*]Type of template hook: foreach loop [*]The hook 'ID': customFieldsOuter [*]Position of template hook: (outer.post) After the foreach loop ends

[*]Click Save Hook

DavidAM likes this

This is a great mode.

I have one issue with it. I wish it was possible to have more control over "Member Profile Tab". I wish for some to have their own tab and some to stay where they are. Plus I would love to be able to give each individual group its own name.

This is a great mode.

I have one issue with it. I wish it was possible to have more control over "Member Profile Tab". I wish for some to have their own tab and some to stay where they are. Plus I would love to be able to give each individual group its own name.

Hi,

I could add a new setting so that only certain member groups have the seperate profile tab, is that what you mean?

And by each group its own name, do you mean each member group has a different name for the tab?
ee_joseph likes this

Hi,

I could add a new setting so that only certain member groups have the seperate profile tab, is that what you mean?

And by each group its own name, do you mean each member group has a different name for the tab?

Yes to both points, they would be great addition :smile:.

Being able to have as many tabs as I want, with any order I want under any title I want would only improve upon this great mod.

Edit: Btw this mod is a awesome, I recommended it to my friends and I do recommend it to anyone who is using IPB. Not only does it make members info more organized but give you the option to show as much info as you want from each member in their user panel without having any problem with the way it looks. One surprised option is the ability to hide the text rank title under each avatar, I have been hating on those useless redundant text for a long time and this mod solved it :smile: 7 stars out of 5 :smile:
alexp999 likes this

Yes to both points, they would be great addition :smile:.

Being able to have as many tabs as I want, with any order I want under any title I want would only improve upon this great mod.

Edit: Btw this mod is a awesome, I recommended it to my friends and I do recommend it to anyone who is using IPB. Not only does it make members info more organized but give you the option to show as much info as you want from each member in their user panel without having any problem with the way it looks. One surprised option is the ability to hide the text rank title under each avatar, I have been hating on those useless redundant text for a long time and this mod solved it :smile: 7 stars out of 5 :smile:

I can certainly add the option to only have the member profile tab for certain member groups and will do it this evening. Setting a name per group would be a lot more difficult though as I have no way of knowing how many member groups you have so how many fields you would need. I will consider it for the future though.

Having multiple tabs is also considerably more difficult as IP.Board requires two physical files per tab, if I can find a way around that I will consider that for future too.

In terms of your edit, thanks very much. It would be great if you could copy that and post your comments on this hooks marketplace download page for others to see, as this support topic is only for people who have already purchased :)

I can certainly add the option to only have the member profile tab for certain member groups and will do it this evening. Setting a name per group would be a lot more difficult though as I have no way of knowing how many member groups you have so how many fields you would need. I will consider it for the future though.

Having multiple tabs is also considerably more difficult as IP.Board requires two physical files per tab, if I can find a way around that I will consider that for future too.

In terms of your edit, thanks very much. It would be great if you could copy that and post your comments on this hooks marketplace download page for others to see, as this support topic is only for people who have already purchased :smile:

I have already submitted one and waiting on the admin approval :). I will post my site there and few pics later on to show the mod from a buyer point of view. Hope it helps ^^.
alexp999 likes this

I have already submitted one and waiting on the admin approval :smile:. I will post my site there and few pics later on to show the mod from a buyer point of view. Hope it helps ^^.

Ah nice one thanks.

Hook has been updated so you can now exclude members groups from having a profile tab created :)

I will soon be releasing version 1.2.0 which is primarily a feature release. (x.X.x are features, x.x.X are bug fixes)

Currently the following features will be added in the new version, please feel free to post any other features you would like to see for inclusion in the next release.

• Ability to collapse Custom Field Groups in UserCP
  • Exclude certain forums from having the dropdowns generated.

Version 1.2.0 has been released which adds the ability to collapse the custom profile field groups in the User CP, with a click to edit button to toggle visibility.

(Excluding certain forums has been postponed for a future release)

Went to update but installing hook is broken. It inserts nothing and the hook is blank in the hook list.

Went to update but installing hook is broken. It inserts nothing and the hook is blank in the hook list.

Confirmed.
Hook doesn't insert anything. Creates a hook called 'v' which contains no settings or info.

Version 1.2.1 has been released.

Apologies for the problems. Please reimport the hook.xml from the latest version.

If you see a line with just "V" in your hooks as well as (tng33) Custom Profile Field Dropdown, you can simply uninstall the "V" hook.

Hi, Thanks for the quick fix.

Problem I'm having; The arrow is showing correctly, though there's no text (GroupName) with it. The Arrow is just centered in the sied/post-profile.

Any ideas?

Is this since a certain version or always been like that?

Can you post or PM me link too please and ill get onto it this evening.

Version 1.2.2 has been released.

This version fixes the issue reported above, where the group titles were not appearing for the dropdown links.

Hello

Your mod looks awesome.

I tried to buy it but am getting the following screen:

post-115065-0-93842500-1344090356_thumb.

I am pretty certain that I have not purchased your mod before.

I have in fact bought two other $10.00 mods back in April. Maybe PayPal is confused.

Is there another way to pay you?

Please advise

Three questions:

--- Can the user add a clickable link in one of the profile fields?

--- Can there be a category where the user can add multiple clickable links?
Many people will have zero such items .. some people may have a few dozen .. and everything in between.

--- Can the profile be populated automatically with all / selected gallery thumbs for the member?

Thanx

Neil