CodingJungle

Custom Moderator Team Page

59 posts in this topic

Custom Moderator Team Page

This Replaces the standard "Moderator Team page" in the forums/elsewhere, with a custom Page, One Where in the ACP you can assign any groups you want to be displayed and in what order they are displayed. You can also add members to groups and hide them as well.

Features:

• Adding any Group to your "Moderator Team Page"
  • Altering What order the Selected Groups display
  • Easy drag and drop ordering
  • When No groups are chosen, it Defaults to the IPB internal or If the application has been disabled.
  • pseudo change the "title" for groups from group name to whatever you wish.
  • Secondary Groups (if enabled, will search secondary groups of members for groups).
  • Hide Members (you can now choose to "hide" members out of groups).
  • 2 layouts: New Style, works similar to how IPB 3.3+ renders its team moderator page with pagination, Old Style, how custom moderator team page works now, creates individual blocks for each group.
  • add a member to a group.(it will be a pseudo add like changing the group name, they will not inherit the permissions from the group they are displayed in).
  • on the display page, you can now choose to show either the user group or their title, and either their join date or last active time.
  • added settings module
  • can organize members by name,group,join date, last login date, and then sort them by asc or desc.
  • new administrator restrictions available.

Note: this app is no longer compatible with IPB 3.2 series, if you want it for IPB 3.2+, please purchase the 1.0.0 series, or upgrade IPB to the latest available.

Note: This application is not being upgraded for IPS 4.x as "staff directory" makes it more or less redundant. 2.1.6 will also be the last version, as this app has more or less remained stable for the last 3 years with out major bugs or modifications. 2.1.5 was also the last "paid" version, any one who has purchased 2.1.5 or before will get support till the end of 2015, after that time support will be on a paid basis for this application. any one who has download 2.1.6 for free, will not receive free support.

Hi M. Edwards,

In the new layout my moderator team page is ordering members in alphabetical order. Is there a way to change it so that it groups the different moderator positions together? For example, I would like all of my global moderators to show up one after the other.

there is but it would require a core file edit, i've marked it down didn't even think of that could be an option to some, and in the next patch (i will roll out in the next few days if this is the only problem people will encounter in that time) to include an options to order the groups by name, group, etc (i'll include several options).

Asad Chaudhry likes this

NOTICE TO ALL, I will be switching my server thru tonight and tomorrow, so it might take a bit of time for "overview" to open, as it doesn't have a quick way to get to groups (something i plan on fixing in 1.1.7), 2.0.0 has a way to skip over overview, and straight into groups. (the reason this is, cause the news and update checks my site for the information, but for whatever reason it doesn't time out like it should when its down, so it times out after like a minute instead of the 10 seconds i have set.)

I apologize for the inconvenience of this, but it is a needed move as my current hosting company is getting to be extremely slow, and my site traffic is suffering cause of it. But hopefully by friday night/saturday morning, all will be back up, and improved :).

If any one is having a problem with the "news" in the overview, or the application seemingly taking forever to load when clicking on it, i misunderstood the date when were moving servers, and it was happening this weekend, so it should be all fine and dandy come tomorrow afternoon or monday by the latest. thanks again everyone.

Nice mod ;)
But just for you to know, you have a bug..
When you didn't have choose any groups and you'll try to get into the mods team page you'll get this kind of error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare array_sort_by_column() (previously declared in /homez.93/zscvwwrt/www/admin/applications_addon/other/cmtp/sources/cmtp.php:456) in /homez.93/zscvwwrt/www/admin/applications_addon/other/cmtp/sources/cmtp.php on line 456

It's because it can't sort something it still doesn't have.
It get fixed only when you choose at least one group...

ah a fubar on my part. it should be reverting back to the default in the instance of no groups being selected, forgot to modify the part of the function that handles this part, will get it fixed and a update rolled out. thanks for letting me know.

Nice mod ;)

But just for you to know, you have a bug..

When you didn't have choose any groups and you'll try to get into the mods team page you'll get this kind of error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare array_sort_by_column() (previously declared in /homez.93/zscvwwrt/www/admin/applications_addon/other/cmtp/sources/cmtp.php:456) in /homez.93/zscvwwrt/www/admin/applications_addon/other/cmtp/sources/cmtp.php on line 456

It's because it can't sort something it still doesn't have.
It get fixed only when you choose at least one group...

fixed in 2.1.2

Is there any way to edit or tell it what info to display? Like I don't want to display the "Forums" category on the Staff Page I want to put something like "Last Online"

you would need to edit the template.

acp->look & feel -> current theme -> skin_cmtp -> group_strip_fix

first find:

<th scope='col' style='width: 25%' class='short'>{$this->lang->words['leader_forums']}</th>

you will need to either replace {$this->lang->words['leader_forums']} with the word you want like "Last Online" or go change the language string in manage languages for this string.

next find:

<if test="specificForums:|:is_array($info['forums'])">
						<if test="moreThanOne:|: count( $info['forums'] ) == 1">
							<foreach loop="forums:$info['forums'] as $id => $name">
								    <a href="{parse url="showforum={$id}" base="public" template="showforum" seotitle="{$this->registry->class_forums->forum_by_id[ $id ]['name_seo']}"}">{$name}</a>
							</foreach>
						<else />
							<a href='#' id='mod_page_{$info['member_id']}'>{parse expression="sprintf($this->lang->words['no_forums'],count($info['forums']))"}</a>
							<ul class='ipbmenu_content' id='mod_page_{$info['member_id']}_menucontent'  style='display:none'>
							<foreach loop="forums:$info['forums'] as $id => $name">
								<li><a href="{parse url="showforum={$id}" base="public" template="showforum" seotitle="{$this->registry->class_forums->forum_by_id[ $id ]['name_seo']}"}">{$name}</a></li>
							</foreach>
							</ul>
							<script type='text/javascript'>
								document.observe("dom:loaded", function()
								{
									new ipb.Menu( $('mod_page_{$info['member_id']}'), $('mod_page_{$info['member_id']}_menucontent') );
								} );
							</script>
						</if>
					<else />
						{$info['forums']}
					</if>

replace with:

{parse date="$info['last_active']" format="tiny"}

this will now display last active/online instead of showing what forums they moderate.

what do log mean "maintenance release", whats new ?

thanks

I have another application here on ips called froggy, its meant for developers to keep track of purchases, and possibly use that information on their own site to help clients from here, who register on their site. Froggy has two new features that this application already had features in it to be used, but from a different method, I switched the methods to use the new way, tidied up the code a bit in places. so not a whole lot got changed or wold even be noticeable to the client.

valendono likes this

Hi,

Nice mod, I'm having this little issue though. Without this mod it does not show up, but with it...

post-155379-0-63567000-1357677441_thumb.

The link doesn't go anywhere, but why does it say 0 anyway when those two moderators have same permissions/group. I don't see that without this mod..

Thanks

I should add it makes no difference using stock IP.Board skin.

in settings, in "new layout settings" block, is "use new layout" set to yes? reason i ask, is cause the functions to build the data for that part, are two different functions, would help me narrow down which one is causing the problem.

in settings, in "new layout settings" block, is "use new layout" set to yes? reason i ask, is cause the functions to build the data for that part, are two different functions, would help me narrow down which one is causing the problem.

New Layout set to NO

What next :)

next is me locating why it is doing this, and fixing it :smile:

:D I'm waiting half patiently

I'm back to report that I fixed the issue, I hate waiting so I tinkered around a bit, I set that moderator to a forum and then I chose the option to remove moderator from all forums, this fixed the issue, even though the moderator was not listed under any forum. None the less it's been fixed :)

Nice mod thanks

Will this be supported for 4.0? I'm planning to buy it, but since 4.0 draws near I'm getting cautious.