Vote for IP.Board as the best forum software

Arni

Well it's not a matter of IPB not being good, but just a matter of "who can get more votes" without anything to back it up.

I mean look at some of the comments, and then some of the features for IP.Board aren't even up-to-date.

I just hate things like this that seems more along the lines of a popularity contest from high school rather than a which is truly better. IPB has a 5 star review with "The Bad" being that they don't have a free hosted community plan. Is that really the only bad thing? And it's funny how there's more hate towards IPB (although there is still good comments) which leads you to believe things like this are just a waste, and makes me think that's why they don't push this as much as others might be doing.

And I agree, and think actually any publicity is good publicity. But my previous statement is just my point of view on this whole poll :)

(And yes I did vote. . IPB FTW! :D )

It lists Woltlab Burning Board as the best commercial forum platform. That makes no sense to me, except that this website has received a lot of traffic from Woltlab fans or bots.
It would get truly interesting if an objective comparison could be made of how many sites are using each platform, and which version.
Is there a reliable overview of marketshare somewhere? Google is not exactly a reliable source for this.

One disturbing thing about the forum poll/reviews is that there is "No" mention of technical support when considering the best forum software. I switched from a phpBB board to IPB because I needed that tech assistance. The biggest selling feature for me is the support I get from this product. I don't mean to be patronizing but the IPB tech team is "Aces". In 5 yrs they have never let me down with any of my inquiries. Between all the helpful invision wiz kids on this forum and the IPB tech support team I can concentrate on content and other more important issues. And that is something that poll and results are missing IMHO.

Well there's a few negative comments about the support for IPB, even though I don't agree with it. And it seems like Burning Board has AMAZING everything by what people are saying about it. Also a few people were hating because some features were removed.

The sad thing is those people who were leaving bad comments because they WERE IPB customers, were the ones who never gave IPB a good compliment on things like that. But burning board is now up to 633 votes. *facepalm*

And read this: http://www.woltlab.com/news/Burning-Board-Best-Forum-Software-2011.html4981674d

Pointless website.....

Let me know when they do it for purpose, like money to charity, an actual Trophy, a Medal, or dantions to the winners.... or something.... other then that.... and how the British would say......

Ah this is complete utter Rubbish!

So the determination of what is the 'best' forum software is done not through independent reviews and analysis of each product, but by a simple poll open to anyone and easily able to be carpet bombed by fanboys? Seems legit.

So the determination of what is the 'best' forum software is done not through independent reviews and analysis of each product, but by a simple poll open to anyone and easily able to be carpet bombed by fanboys? Seems legit.

Well the best one should ideally have the most fanboys...

Well the best one should ideally have the most fanboys...

Eh....

If I was 15 and started a software product, and got 500 friends and family to support me (including voting for my product on a website like this) does not necessarily make it better than a corporate product where all of the clients are businesses whom have much more important things to do than vote for software products on random third party sites.

Archived