Tags Autocomplete

34 posts in this topic

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Tags Autocomplete

File Submitter: z1000-forum.de

File Submitted: 02 Jun 2012

File Category: Content Management

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook adds autocompletion for the tags system (when "Open System" Tag Mode is enabled).
Tested with the following applications:

• Forums
  • Gallery
  • Blogs
  • Downloads
  • Tutorials

Features:
  • Improve the quality of your tags, but also provide an open system
  • Fully configurable
  • No template edits

Note 1: If you use the restriction setting "Area" or "Parent", be sure to get this bug fixed unless you are not upgraded to IP.Board 3.3.3!
Note 2: There is a positioning problem when there are more than 1 autocomplete boxes on the site. Please keep up to date on this in the support topic.
Note 3: Special characters like cyrillic can cause empty results, please have a look at this.

here to download this file

Maxxius and TNB like this

I already got advance tag management, I'm not sure it will be compatible with it or complete it or ...?

Thx

Steph

Does this app automatically insert tags?

???

if you mean the tag is added when you click on it in the autocompletion dropdown, yes it is. same working like the member autocomplete in the "Other Recipients" field in "Compose new Message"

I've got a feature request.

How about a setting for how many times a tag must be in use?

Right now, it will auto complete anything it can find. Even if it's just several tags that are only used once on the forum.

You can sort by popularity, but it doesn't prevent any of the "crap tags" from appearing while typing if nothing good comes up. Think it would be possible to add a setting for how many times a tag must be in use for it to display?

Good one.

However, in bulk editing gallery albums images (Gallery 5.0.2) it works only for first entry from the list.

Makoto likes this

okay i fixed it, but there is a positioning problem with the boxes when there are more than one entries. seems that the positioning logic in the ipb.Autocomplete javascript is not working correct here. i tried some things to keep this fixed, but could not get it working. and also i could not find a problem in my implementation.

here are some screens showing the problem

first tag box

post-173542-0-96872400-1353095471_thumb.

second tag box

post-173542-0-07981000-1353095473_thumb.

third tag box

post-173542-0-88693900-1353095469_thumb.

etc.

eventually theres a programmer on the customers side here who takes a look on the problem (and hopefully finds a solution).

BomAleold likes this

thanks. New version works better. but auto-positioning really messes this up, especially for the albums with more than 5 pictures :(

That's a IPB Autocomplete Javascript issue. This won't work in other Autocomplete fields too, that use the default API (try in the member autocomplete in PM System). Place an issue in the official bug tracker to get it solved.

Sorry.

Regards the positioning problem with multi fields in Gallery, can you decide which application use the hook so you can keep Gallery standard and use it for the rest?

@gravistar

i updated to version 1.3.0 that can do this ;)

Brilliant, thank you. I like the way you've added the settings to the main Tag settings page in the ACP, makes a lot of sense. A really great addition to my site, particularly the ability to cut and paste tags into the tag field :thumbsup: .