Please, add the ability to moderators can't hard Delete

mrangelo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can set this up yourself with a quick template edit...

In the if statement that shows you deleted content... add in the below based on how you want it to work...

If you only want members that can access the ACP...
$memberData['g_access_cp'] == 1

If you only want members of a specific group or groups
$memberData['member_group_id'] == 4 (or whatever other group ID's you want.)

• 3 months later...

You can accomplish what you want by first un-checking the setting that makes the Moderator group be Super-Moderators, and saving the group.

Then you go to the ACP -> Forums page. Use the check boxes to the right of each forum, to choose the forums you want them to be able to moderate, then add the "Moderators" Group with the controls at the bottom. The next page will have the fully configurable options for post/topic control, including soft or hard delete.

• 2 months later...

You can accomplish what you want by first un-checking the setting that makes the Moderator group be Super-Moderators, and saving the group.

Then you go to the ACP -> Forums page. Use the check boxes to the right of each forum, to choose the forums you want them to be able to moderate, then add the "Moderators" Group with the controls at the bottom. The next page will have the fully configurable options for post/topic control, including soft or hard delete.

I did everything mentioned above but still moderators have access to permanently delete topics and there is no specifying hard delete or soft delete options!?!

I did everything mentioned above but still moderators have access to permanently delete topics and there is no specifying hard delete or soft delete options!?!

If you've taken the steps as mentioned by Mark H this should indeed be possible. Please feel free to submit a ticket if you require assistance.

I do not want any of my staff to be able to hard delete. No moderators. No supermoderators. I see no reason to give anyone functions to destroy data.

It would be very useful to have a setting like in vbulletin to allow a usergroup to soft or hard delete.

Please add such function out of the box.

To clarify, super moderators are front end admins they have full permission but can't access the ACP. If you want to create restricted 'super' moderators... Create a new group. Go to the forum list in the ACP and select all of them. Add your new group as moderators to those forums and give them as much or little permission as possible. All you have to do to make someone a moderator now is to move them to the new group primary or secondary. Doesn't matter.

As mentioned, this is already a feature.

"You can accomplish what you want by first un-checking the setting that makes the Moderator group be Super-Moderators, and saving the group."

The request is that some of the moderators not to be able to hard delete posts.

Permission for Moderator1: Able to hard delete posts

Permission for Moderator2: Not to be able to hard delete posts

Permission for Super Moderator1: Able to hard delete posts

Permission for Super Moderator2: Not to be able to hard delete posts

Why does the second set have to be super moderator? If you don't want them to hard delete, they aren't super moderators. Think of the super moderator check box this way if yes: you get all perms, if no: I have to give the group perms per forum.

Why does the second set have to be super moderator? If you don't want them to hard delete, they aren't super moderators.

Because I do trust my Admins and Super Moderators,but I do not trust them not to make mistakes.

It's impossible to bring back hard deleted posts.

If you don't want them to hard delete, they aren't super moderators.

And if I do not want some of my admins to hard delete they are not admins?

They are.

Admin group: Can hard delete

Super Moderator group: Can hard delete

Individual restricton for User123 who is in the Admin group: Cannot hard delete

(BTW that is my brother who is begging me to do that because of an earlier mistake)

To clarify, super moderators are front end admins they have full permission but can't access the ACP. If you want to create restricted 'super' moderators... Create a new group. Go to the forum list in the ACP and select all of them. Add your new group as moderators to those forums and give them as much or little permission as possible. All you have to do to make someone a moderator now is to move them to the new group primary or secondary. Doesn't matter.

Will the restricted group still have access to the modcp?

I have 400 subforums, 200 gallery categories, 150 downloads categories, 10 social group categories, 100 blog categories, . My supermoderators have moderating powers over all of these, but they can not hard delete.

Do I understand it correctly that if I want to do the same in IPS, I need to set this in each subforum/category setting individually?

AFAIK the difference between a moderator and a supermoderator is that a supermoderator has global powers while a moderator has forum specific powers. It seems this is different for IPS?

I have 400 subforums, 200 gallery categories, 150 downloads categories, 10 social group categories, 100 blog categories, . My supermoderators have moderating powers over all of these, but they can not hard delete.

Do I understand it correctly that if I want to do the same in IPS, I need to set this in each subforum/category setting individually?

AFAIK the difference between a moderator and a supermoderator is that a supermoderator has global powers while a moderator has forum specific powers. It seems this is different for IPS?

And so can a normal 'moderator' if you assign a single group to have moderating powers over all those forums / categories... You don't have to set them up individually.. You select everything you want, then assign the group as moderator to them, set up the permissions once and it's set... Just add users to the group you used...

If they are indeed super moderators (box checked for the group), then they have hard delete permissions...

You can create a 'psuedo super' moderator that has permissions in ALL forums / categories, but has the one restriction of not being able to hard delete... So they can moderate everywhere a REAL supermoderator can, but you can restrict a couple permissions if you like...

general rule.

If a supermoderator can see it, they can moderate it in any way.

For each usergroup , you can control if they can reach to Admincp or they are super mod : http://d.pr/i/xF9s

You can also set edit permissions from Usergroups http://d.pr/i/x2tU

Though i also agree with you that edit post setting should include another setting for Hard Deletion.

Thanks for explaining.

A setting for hard delete in the post edit setting would make things simpler. Then there would be no need to create a pseudo group.

I realize that soft deletion is new on IPS. About half of the webmasters on other platforms do not allow their staff to hard delete. Only soft.

So this gives an idea about how useful such a setting would be.

Archived