Step down from previous version warning a member option

media

I used to put a member under Mod Queue and remove Mod Queue from warning a member panel at front end right now if you put a member under Mod Queue, you cannot remove same Mod Queue from front end you have to login to ACP to remove the moderation que...

I don't really understand why you remove this option from front-end, doesn't make any sense...

Moderatiors should be able to add or remove user from Mod Queue from front-end warning form... :)

Version 3.3.1

• 3 months later...

Seconded - is there any news on this? It's a real weakness that the moderators are unable to remove members from moderation queue. Since they are able to put members on it, they should also be able to remove them.

I really don't understand why this has been removed?

• Management

When you warn a member, look for the 'Change' box:

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000px" height="402px">

Clicking this will allow you to 'undo' a moderation queue or suspension.

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000px" height="438px">

Hi Matt- thank you for taking the time to reply to this issue. However, I have already tried this. I can not work out any way to remove them from mod preview from the selection of options presented there.

I have tried clicking the "Permanently or for "0" days" (once the box is ticked it hides the or for 0 days) but this just puts them onto permanent moderation. If I enter a number of days then it puts them on moderation for that number of days, there is not a way to take it off from what I can see.

Another thing I have noticed is that if you type a number into the warn points box at the top, it wipes any entries you have made further down from the Moderate Content tick boxes- I am not sure if this is meant to occur.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Matt, the other issue with this is that we have enabled it in Admin CP so that members get notified of any warnings which they have received on the forums and have to accept on writing a reply. Is it possible that when moderators act to remove people from the Moderator Preview that this does not automatically generate a "warning" notification for the member, as otherwise they have to accept it, and it just seems a bit bloated that they have to accept a warning when they haven't done anything wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt, the other issue with this is that we have enabled it in Admin CP so that members get notified of any warnings which they have received on the forums and have to accept on writing a reply. Is it possible that when moderators act to remove people from the Moderator Preview that this does not automatically generate a "warning" notification for the member, as otherwise they have to accept it, and it just seems a bit bloated that they have to accept a warning when they haven't done anything wrong.

Sorry to bump this - but I just wanted to confirm that you guys are aware of this. It seems very strange to have to issue a warning to the member (which comes up as a notification to them, and then they question regardless of the content in the note to member) in order to remove their moderator preview status.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ouch. I had someone ask me from another community on how to edit a warning strike. Prior to 3.4, you were able to do this. But, how could IPS remove this feature from IPB? While I rarely have to issue warning strikes, this was a very useful tool to use. While you can remove "warning strike" points in 3.4, you can't remove the reasons. IPB used to allow admins to remove the warning strike points along with the reasons.

Hopefully, this feature will return.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

We are using v 3.4.4 and I cannot find anyway to do either:

1. Remove the "Note for Moderators" - or edit these (is it possible to add a comment?)
  2. Remove warning points
  3. Remove a 'Recent Warning' from the Recent Warnings list in the Mod Control Panel

One of our mods recently accidentally warned the wrong member. So they are now appearing in the list of 'Recent Warnings'.

I have removed the posting restrictions ok, but cannot work out how to remove the warn point, the 'Note for Moderators' (because it doesn't actually apply to this member so is giving incorrect info!) and get it out of that list (as the fact that the member is appearing in this list at all is wrong.

I have been through everything in this topic, and in a couple of others as well, and am totally stumped!

Surely it must be possible?

Would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks

Leanne

PS. Not sure I have posted this in the right topic... there is another >Remove Warning Option topic that may be more appropriate?

Also another topic: >Warning Points - Reverse Action NEEDED

Hi,

We are using v 3.4.4 and I cannot find anyway to do either:

1. Remove the "Note for Moderators" - or edit these (is it possible to add a comment?)
  2. Remove warning points
  3. Remove a 'Recent Warning' from the Recent Warnings list in the Mod Control Panel

One of our mods recently accidentally warned the wrong member. So they are now appearing in the list of 'Recent Warnings'.

I have removed the posting restrictions ok, but cannot work out how to remove the warn point, the 'Note for Moderators' (because it doesn't actually apply to this member so is giving incorrect info!) and get it out of that list (as the fact that the member is appearing in this list at all is wrong.

I have been through everything in this topic, and in a couple of others as well, and am totally stumped!

Hello,

Maybe '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

• 6 months later...

All I have to say is that this thread should not even exist. The warning system in IPB is ridiculously limited, and free alternatives are far more evolved in this area. Restoring a member to a warning status that preceded an accidental warning is unbelievably convoluted and incomplete. I have spent 30 minutes looking for a solution only to find a pay-for plugin that does what the software should do inherently.

That is nonsense. how can I expect my moderators to use this warning system? The answer is that I cannot really. This is an admin-maintenance nightmare.

Archived