Thank you rather than Like

Bethanyrayne

VB has a feature which enables you to "Thank" a poster. The thank you is below his post and increments how many times he has been thanked.

In my opinion this is more effective than the "Like" button on IPB.

In other words I would like to see the same feature on IPB.

VB has a feature which enables you to "Thank" a poster. The thank you is below his post and increments how many times he has been thanked.

In my opinion this is more effective than the "Like" button on IPB.

In other words I would like to see the same feature on IPB.

Why don't you just change the "Like" language bits to "Thank" ?

I've personally never messed with this before but if you go into Look and Feel > Manage Languages then click on English, in the System section under public_global 5 or 6 pages in there is a bit called "like_this" with the text "Like This" You should be able to change that and the other appropriate bits to Thanks.

I've personally never messed with this before but if you go into Look and Feel > Manage Languages then click on English, in the System section under public_global 5 or 6 pages in there is a bit called "like_this" with the text "Like This" You should be able to change that and the other appropriate bits to Thanks.

Thank you but tried that entered new value and clicked on Go at the bottom of page and it said error, could not translate language string.

It's not a big issue but think saying Thank you when someone has posted useful info is better than like this.

Ok, I'm not sure if copying the language pack is ideal but this worked.

Go to Look and Feel > Manage Languages, Click the drop down arrow in the English (USA) entry. Click Copy Language Pack. Once it gets done copying go to Swap Member Language Choice and switch everyone using English to the copy. Then you can freely edit the copied language.

Again I don't think this is ideal but until someone can say how to edit the protected language it is the best I got.

Archived