Robert Simons

ProMenu Basic

870 posts in this topic

ProMenu Basic

Hello Everyone,

CJ Menu (formerly iMenu, due to a few concerns from a particular fruti company, the name has been  changed), has entered the Release Candidate stages. RC 1 is available to the beta testers on our site and available for purchase from the marketplace. RC 2 will have a upgrade option for those who have Promenu Tables still in there database (this is still in testing, and probably wont go "gold" with the final, but shouldn't take long to work out all of its kinks. Robert and I will begin extensive testing of the upgrade option. As there is a lot of differences between CJ Menu and Promenu, we will make a list of what will and will not be transfered.).

Promenu 2 CJ Menu Upgrade Option:

Promenu Plus 3.x+ clients:

For clients who purchased Promenu Plus 3.x after its launch (not ones who were upgrade free of charge from promenu plus 2.x to 3.x), who are current on their renewals and agree to the renewal terms of $15 every 6 months for CJ Menu, can contact robert or myself (here on IPS or through our contact us on our website, http://codingjungle.com). Let us know what your IPS email is, and that you agree to the renewal terms of CJ Menu, and we will in a timely manner, get you added to the CJ Menu Client list so you are able to download it. 

Promenu Basic clients:

There is no offer for upgrade for Promenu Basic Clients.

We currently have CJ Menu on sale for $25, this sale will last 1 week after the launch of CJ Menu 1.0.0, for any clients that are not eligible for the upgrade option.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact robert or myself (here on IPS or through our contact us form on our website http://codingjungle.com). 

NOTE:

Promenu (plus and basic) will continue to be supported for the lifetime of IPS 3.x. Once IPS 3.x support ends, Promenu's Support will end as well. We will not be adding any new features to ProMenu during this time, we will only be doing general bug fixes and support.

ProMenu for IP.Board allows you to add a multilevel drop-down menu to your board, which allows the flexibility to adjust your menus structure to accommodate each skin template. Along with primary menus, this menu management system displays the regular primary menus along with footer and header menus, allowing menus to be customized with a drop-down option giving the flexibility for many pages to be listed, giving your site a clean and professional feel. If you're using IP Content, this system is fully customizable within that, allowing for pages with proper tab activation for each page (this includes pages in folders), without effecting the "Custom Pages" built in to your default, primary menu. This system can be used everywhere the board wrapper is used. This has been tested with all IPS products and most third party applications and is fully functional for all without conflict. All sales are final, so research your options before purchasing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi8x2G93rUQ

Features:
· Multilingual Support For Menu Titles and Descriptions
· Unlimited Multilevel Menus
· Ability To Add Menu Icons To Parent and Children
· Five Stock Menu Locations
· Tab Activation of Menu Items (including children) *
· Works With All IPS Products And Most Third Party Applications
· Intelligent JS That Auto-Detects Borders For Menu Positioning
· Cache Driven to Eliminate Possible Server Overloads
· Navigation Arrow Indicators *
· Choice to hide menus based on member groups or display menus based on permissions (includes secondary groups!)
· Ability To Use Images as Titles
· Ability To Use Mega Menus And Regular Menus
· Various Javascript Settings And Effects
· Ability to Build Your Own Custom Groups and Export Them As Hooks
· Mobile Theme Support
· Easy Pages Support
· Hide Menu Groups By Skin
· Ability to "Dock" the group with the Primary, Header, and Custom groups
· Mass Delete/Move Menu Items
· Ability to Clone Groups
· Ability to Add VNC and Quick Launch to Header and Custom Groups
· Ability to Romove The Primary Menu
· Codemirror Within Block Text Area
· Validity check to make sure copyright only shows on themes were Promenu is being utilized
· Parse raw HTML content within a menu block
· Responsive abilities for all groups *
· Ability to use Disc Cache or IPS Cache * 

Requirements:
·  versions 3.2.x, 3.3.x, 3.4.x

* These Items Have Configuration Settings

NOTE: This purchase entitles the user to one installation per domain. Multiple installations require multiple purchases. Copyright removal is prohibited w/o consent. Those who remove this copyright w/o consent are in violation of the terms of this product and are subject to removal of any present or future support.

This application contacts a remote server by default for update checks, news feeds, and the jquery library. Settings are available to disable these remote contacts. Information is not collected when news feed and update checks are enabled. There is a setting to change jquery from a remote load to a local load, which the files needed are included with this applications installation.

MarcusH likes this

Hello

I have now promenu 1.1.5 and board 3.3.1. Should i lose my menus if i upgrade to ver. 2.0? Also, what is best upgrade process?
Nice and very useful mod - can recommend to all with many links and apps.

regards

bosss

Hello

I have now promenu 1.1.5 and board 3.3.1. Should i lose my menus if i upgrade to ver. 2.0? Also, what is best upgrade process?

Nice and very useful mod - can recommend to all with many links and apps.

regards

bosss

menus will disappear during the actual upgrade process (from the initial file overwrite) , but once upgraded, they will reappear in normal position

its all in the documentation

http://demo.provisio.../documentation/

I think I followed your instruction to upgrade but I get this error after:
Error: Could not load template 'primary_menus' from group 'promenu'

No menu shows up!

Steph

I think I followed your instruction to upgrade but I get this error after:

Error: Could not load template 'primary_menus' from group 'promenu'

No menu shows up!

Steph

sounds like you didn't get a complete upload of the new files .. reupload the files . if that doesn't fix it let me know and I'll have a look

Ok got it, tried reoploading, didnt work right away, had to rebuild and recache all skin. Now it is working like it should. Just have to fix subs.

Very nice can't wait to play more with it.

Steph

Ok got it, tried reoploading, didnt work right away, had to rebuild and recache all skin. Now it is working like it should. Just have to fix subs.

Very nice can't wait to play more with it.

Steph

kewl .. glad you resolved it .. enjoy the playing :P

I think I might be retarded lol.

I am trying to get the "header" menu to look like you have in your demo. As in, you click on it and then it drops down. But I want it to drop down like you have your "Primary" nav in the demo, where it opens up a large box with lots of info and images.

Help?

I think I might be retarded lol.

I am trying to get the "header" menu to look like you have in your demo. As in, you click on it and then it drops down. But I want it to drop down like you have your "Primary" nav in the demo, where it opens up a large box with lots of info and images.

Help?

edit the setting for the "Header Navigation Menus" and set the "Treat Menus as Mega?" to yes

I did that. Can you give me like a step by step or something? I have tried everything. Tried using the help files "index" but the "Settings and Menus" link doesn't show anything.

Ok so... I did that. Set the header menu "treat as mega".

Now, I click on add menu in the header menu category.

I name it... don't put a link or anything and then go to Mega Settings. I set it to treat as category.

Saves fine.

Now, do I just add submenus to this? I've tried all these different settings to try to get it working but can't.

If I have the style sheet edited for my current site, is there any more that will be needed after I upgrade?

If I have the style sheet edited for my current site, is there any more that will be needed after I upgrade?

you will most likely have to redo your style ... due to all the changes most styles will not carry over in this version

Just one thing I would like you to "fix" is the ability to highlight Tabs for pages of the Easypages plugin. the Problem is that you can't select them anywhere and if you just use the URL there is no highlighting of the Tab. Would that be possible?

Hi, I had 1.1.3, I update to 1.1.5 and next to 2.0.0 but my primary menu don´t appear nothing, in preview primary menu appear:

Error: Could not load template 'primary_menus' from group 'promenu

How recache all my skins??

thanks

Hi Robert, Just so I'm clear, to make the Mega Menu look like yours, I have to code it in the HTML block? Example; I have to set up tables and put links/images in the table?

Just curious. Thanks

Just one thing I would like you to "fix" is the ability to highlight Tabs for pages of the Easypages plugin. the Problem is that you can't select them anywhere and if you just use the URL there is no highlighting of the Tab. Would that be possible?

I'm looking into adding that functionality .. but will be awhile b4 its implemented

Hi, I had 1.1.3, I update to 1.1.5 and next to 2.0.0 but my primary menu don´t appear nothing, in preview primary menu appear:

Error: Could not load template 'primary_menus' from group 'promenu

How recache all my skins??

thanks

in the ACP .. Look & Feel > Template Tools

Hi Robert, Just so I'm clear, to make the Mega Menu look like yours, I have to code it in the HTML block? Example; I have to set up tables and put links/images in the table?

Just curious. Thanks

yes..to use html blocks you have the setting to enable it..and the content itself

I recache skins then this error don´t appear but I don´t view the menu yet

I need a little more information .. like is this an upgrade or fresh install .. is this the default theme or a third party ... etc

Third party theme / I have update to 1.1.5 from 1.1.3 and now update to 2.0.0. In 1.1.5 I didn´t view anything and in 2.0.0 nothing, I have recached all skins but I don´t view any menu´s again

Third party theme / I have update to 1.1.5 from 1.1.3 and now update to 2.0.0. In 1.1.5 I didn´t view anything and in 2.0.0 nothing, I have recached all skins but I don´t view any menu´s again

anything visible on the default theme?

Have the same problem, upgraded to 2.0 and now i dont see my menu, on either skin set. Tried recaching skinset.
Menu shows fine in ACP settings. www.vildmedgolf.dk