Why no image uploader in RTE?

I have been using IP Board for about five years now as one component of my site (turfnet.com), which has also grown to include 11 Wordpress blogs all on separate installations (mostly because WP multi-site installation wasn't available at the outset) and a fairly comprehensive news article component, for which we're currently using a less-than-satisfactory RTE cobbled from Joomla years ago.

I'm considering a major site revamp utilizing the entire IPS suite which would make all good sense save for the very obvious lack of a decent image uploader/resizer/alignment tool (like Wordpress has) integral to the RTE in IP.Board, IP.Blog and IP.Content.

I always thought the image attachment/thumbnail insertion scheme in IP.Board was a little strange, but when investigating Blog and Content and realizing the deficiency in image uploading (a MAJOR component of any news-type site) I question whether moving to Suite makes sense.

The image function in Wordpress not only includes uploading from your computer, URL or media library but also resizing, justification, CSS, setting of custom margins, links, etc.

Is an RTE upgrade forthcoming?

Archived