Download: Recent Topics Ticker

Enkidu

File Name: Recent Topics Ticker
File Submitter: Enkidu
File Submitted: 15 Apr 2012
File Updated: 15 Apr 2012
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This is a very simple hook that will pull the last five topics and display them in a ticker style rotator. It is built on IPS recent topics hook code so it won't add extra load/resources as long as you disable IPS's one.

settings
1- set the direction of the ticker
2- set the speed of the ticker
3- set the title, background color, and text color
4- set the number of topics to pull

Thanks

Please see my other mods

Click here to download this file

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK updated.

added all of the suggested features apart from choosing which forum to pull the topic from. IMO, it will complicate the query and degrade performance in fact increasing the number of topics will also do the same.

thank you it's much better now..

This is a great mod but the ticker is moving too fast and there's no way to control the speed. There really needs to be an option to control the speed of the tickler/marquee and a way to choose which forums to pull from. I'm forced to remove it. You actually have to have the ability of the six million dollar man in order to catch the speed of the ticker. lols

This is a great mod but the ticker is moving too fast and there's no way to control the speed. There really needs to be an option to control the speed of the tickler/marquee and a way to choose which forums to pull from. I'm forced to remove it. You actually have to have the ability of the six million dollar man in order to catch the speed of the ticker. lols

there is an option called scroll delay, if you make that number bigger you will slow down the ticker...make sure you have the latest version as the first one has no options :smile: it sis located in system-system settings-hooks-recent topics ticker

It just scrolls too fast. Not a lot of us like fast scrolling text. Whenever I add marquees to my site, my members always ask me to either remove it or slow down the scrolling.

Stop complaining and redownload the new version he posted and you can control the speed etc..

Archived