Lavo

Sign in through Steam - IPB3

168 posts in this topic

is steam using google?
clicking sign in through steam after linking account goes to same google allow access page Marchers google sign in page goes to.

is steam using google?

clicking sign in through steam after linking account goes to same google allow access page Marchers google sign in page goes to.

No, i will look at this issue.

if it helps I had marchers mod installed and my account linked through google. I then installed yours, linked my account through my UCP.
it went to steam page where I entered info, then back to UCP as it should.
now if I am signed out I click sign in through steam and it brings up the google page and signs me in.
it works, I get signed in, it just seems to be handled at that point by marchers mod.

I have not tried creating new user through steam to see how it goes, suppose I could create a fake steam account and test that.

if it helps I had marchers mod installed and my account linked through google. I then installed yours, linked my account through my UCP.

it went to steam page where I entered info, then back to UCP as it should.

now if I am signed out I click sign in through steam and it brings up the google page and signs me in.

it works, I get signed in, it just seems to be handled at that point by marchers mod.

I have not tried creating new user through steam to see how it goes, suppose I could create a fake steam account and test that.

I had a feeling it might be something to do with the Google login. I'll talk with marcher about it after doing my own tests.

applied tonights update to Marchers google login mod and so far (very limited testing) problem no longer occurs.

Lavo likes this

works great on our community website... Can you make one that you can login with your EA username... aka [Login With Origin] ??? We run a gaming community I would like options to be availible to the community!

Thanks,

works great on our community website... Can you make one that you can login with your EA username... aka [Login With Origin] ??? We run a gaming community I would like options to be availible to the community!

Thanks,

Pretty sure that is impossible. Orgin doesn't have an API like steam does, so until they release one your SOL. EA should of not be so firm on their stance for DLC and just used steam. But that's a different topic for another day.
theBadBadRobot likes this

Thanks,

I've looked into it and it seems like EA do not offer any sort of OpenID For profiles.

Pretty sure that is impossible. Orgin doesn't have an API like steam does, so until they release one your SOL. EA should of not be so firm on their stance for DLC and just used steam. But that's a different topic for another day.

Agreed.

Anyways so I just installed the update, but I'm still missing the sign in with steam message on the sign in pop up box. (It is correctly on the register page now tho.)

%7Boption%7D

Can this be because of my skin?

Agreed.

Anyways so I just installed the update, but I'm still missing the sign in with steam message on the sign in pop up box. (It is correctly on the register page now tho.)

%7Boption%7D

Can this be because of my skin?

Yes i think it could be.

I'd have to have access to your admin cp to see what's going (You could set up a test forum install that skin then add me to it)

When someone registers through Steam, gives an email but then gets this page.

And no matter where you click, it directs to here.

Any ideas?

When someone registers through Steam, gives an email but then gets this page.

And no matter where you click, it directs to here.

Any ideas?

That isn't something wrong plugin. I think.

When using the facebook/twitter logins do you get that problem aswell? If so then either you are missing something in your template or it is an ipboard problem.

I just logged into your website through steam (first time) and got to that page after asking for my email.

I'll look into it more later today. Another 2 questions, what version is your board and has it worked before?

It's the latest version of IPB and if I'm being honest, I'm not quite sure as I never loged in via Steam until now when someone mentioned the issue.

Your Facebook logins are also failing, At least for me they are.

I can you delete both of my partial member logins and the login i made with twitter(That works) and check the setting you have on the facebook app are correct.

If the facebook settings are correct then i'm hoping the steam and facebook login failings are linked together, I just tested out the steam login for creating a new user on my board and it works fine.

Just deleted your twitter and facebook (I believe).

The Facebook works perfectly for me and so does the Twitter. It's just the Steam one.

What does it do for you when you try Facebook?

Bumping this up a bit because its something im intrigued with. But what is the benefit of signing in through steam? Im trying to figure out what really that means in terms of what that gives people.

Im newer to running a board, not being on one...and this sounds like a cool mod, but im not sure i understand what logging in through steam will do. Could someone explain?

It will use your steam account to register a forum account. The exact same thing as the "Sign in through FaceBook" you see on almost every site these days.

Sign in Through steam is great for gaming communities!

Username or password incorrect.

[s]Can you change your board url to include www. in config.inc.php so it's

http://www.muttsworldmine.com/forums

[/s]

Scrap that it wouldn't be a URL issue, make a new file anywhere and call it test.php inside it put

<?php

echo 'file_get_contents: ', file_get_contents(__FILE__) ? 'Enabled' : 'Disabled';

?>

I'm having the same issue as this bloke, but I'm not seeing a solution. It's working on his site so I reckon a solution was found. Any tips on how to fix it? :unsure:

I'm having the same issue as this bloke, but I'm not seeing a solution. It's working on his site so I reckon a solution was found. Any tips on how to fix it? :unsure:

Steam was blocking his servers IP so he couldn't connect to verify the login.

any idea what could cause this?

[img]

[/img]

Can you post the screenshot again, the puush expired I think.

I keep receiving this error

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Forbidden[/color]

[color=#000000]You don't have permission to access /ipb/interface/board/steam.php on this server.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.[/color][/font][/size]

Do you have any idea? (I tried to cmod everything 0755 already but it didn't help)