Support For IP.SEO?

KevinMc

I'll start simple.

What's with the lack of support with the IP.SEO forum? Don't you guys think it's important to the members, along with everyone else out there that's watching it, to support an application you develop? From the outside looking in, or from someone on the fence about making a product change, I'd feel this is crucial.

The support forums are peer to peer. While staff try to pop in now and then to answer topics where possible, we only provide official technical support via the ticket system. That said, support for IP.SEO is limited as it is a free extra, and not an officially supported product. If you believe you have found a bug, please be sure to report it to the appropriate tracker.

...I do think

this particular post

would be of relevance, if you haven't read it already.

I've dug through almost every IP.SEO related topic, searching for an answer before creating this topic. Unfortunately, what you've suggested here, is irrelevant to my inquiry. Thanks though.

The support forums are peer to peer. While staff try to pop in now and then to answer topics where possible, we only provide official technical support via the ticket system.

Really? Well, someone is wrong then.

If what you're saying is, in fact correct, shouldn't the "Support Note" should be changed? Additionally, permitting what you said is correct, I'm sure the others here that use this product would be happy to know this.

Considering it's a free extra I'm just grateful it exists. If you complain about the lack of support they might remove it like they did the tracker...

You're clearly missing my point. I'm not complaining. I'd just like to get support and I'm sure others would as well; especially if there is ticket support.

If what you're saying is, in fact correct, shouldn't the "

Support Note

" should be changed? Additionally, permitting what you said is correct, I'm sure the others here that use this product would be happy to know this.

You conveniently skipped quoting my very next line in my reply. :)

...That said, support for IP.SEO is limited as it is a free extra, and not an officially supported product. If you believe you have found a bug, please be sure to report it to the appropriate tracker.

I was simply trying to point out that our staff do not actively provide official technical support via the peer forums. IP.SEO, being a free extra, has very limited official support. We will occasionally ask someone to submit a ticket if they are indicating a bug exists that we cannot readily reproduce - but that is an exception.

I was simply trying to point out that our staff do not actively provide official technical support via the peer forums. IP.SEO, being a free extra, has very limited official support. We will occasionally ask someone to submit a ticket if they are indicating a bug exists that we cannot readily reproduce - but that is an exception.

So, basically, there's no ticket support for this free extra?

So, basically, there's no ticket support for this free extra?

::blink:: isn't that what the support note says???

As one of our "extra" products, IP.SEO does not have ticket or phone support and does not include install/upgrade service. Please use the IPS Extras forum for support or feedback as appropriate.

Support on these forums is implied to be peer to peer. Official IPS support is ALWAYS through the ticket system.

: :blink:: isn't that what the support note says???

Well, yeah. Obviously it does, doesn't it? I'm not only speaking for myself though. I feel that the bfarber's response added unclarity.

IP.SEO, being a free extra, has very limited official support.

A simple "there's no ticket" support would have been more easy to understand than "IP.SEO, being a free extra, has very limited official support."

It would just be nice to have some more support in the forums. I'm using the free "extra" product, that was developed by IPS, I'm trying to learn it the best that I can, and can't get any support. Let's ask ourselves a question. Just how long would it take a staff member to pop in to the IP.SEO support forums and answer a few questions? I'm willing to bet that it would only cost a few minutes out of their busy day to make a few faces smile. Is that not worth the time?

Archived