Login problems

Axel Wers

Its known about. :smile: , and it was the same for me too. I was unable to log in until I'd reset my password. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It *wont* effect that many accounts, I think only those that had a different password a long time ago before Beyond was merged into here.

We were working on the login system a little bit earlier today, sorry if you were unable to log in - everything should be okay now.
We are now utilising a single sign-on set up with the client area - after logging into either, you should be automatically then logged into both.

In some circumstance, it may be that you had a different password for the client area and the forums and as such, the password you're using may not be the one the system is expecting. If you're getting an error message saying your login is incorrect - you can reset your password here:
https://www.invisionpower.com/clients/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=lostpass

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us on accounts@invisionpower.com :)

AFAIK it will only accept the password that was present on this forum initially (for older accounts). If you had an account merge etc or suchlike then you will need to reset it. It caught me out too, I was not aware of it until I was thrown out. :smile:

We were working on the login system a little bit earlier today, sorry if you were unable to log in

OK in this case you should put on main board page announcement about possible login problems. I almost went crazy why I shouldn't log here.

We did some work on the login system for our forums (not part of IPB - for our site specifically) today and are aware of some issues people have faced staying logged in. We are investigating those issues and hope to have everything sorted asap. Thank you for your patience in the mean time. :)

We did some work on the login system for our forums (not part of IPB - for our site specifically) today and are aware of some issues people have faced staying logged in. We are investigating those issues and hope to have everything sorted asap. Thank you for your patience in the mean time. :smile:

After password reset I get a new password but when I try to change the password from the auto generated one it tells me "you must complete the entire form".

The only thing not completed is the new email field, but I am not changing to a new email.

Just saw this topic - glad I'm not going crazy!

I'm unable to login to the Client Area. I have a saved session on these forums in firefox (which I'm currently using), but I can't login to the forums if I use another browser since my password is apparently incorrect..

I tried the forgot password link, but I never received an email even after multiple attempts. I'll send an email through..

Archived