IP.Tracker, please IPS...

Michael

We will certainly evaluate IP.Tracker in the very near future and let everyone know what our plans for it will be. The same is true for our other applications. IP.Board 3.3 is coming out very, very soon so expect a whole load of updates soon after.

I do not think any of us are trying to 'beat up' any person, we are saying to IPS enough is enough. If as you say v3.3 is now the magic number well then before even allowing any IPS staff to think or v3.4/v4 fix up the stuff. It is not just Tracker, there is the documentation, a new sample basic application to use as a model (the existing Hello World aint relevant no more) all of this stuff was raised before v3.2 and it is starting to be hugely frustrating that IPS is neglecting the non-core part continuously.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not think any of us are trying to 'beat up' any person, we are saying to IPS enough is enough. If as you say v3.3 is now the magic number well then before even allowing any IPS staff to think or v3.4/v4 fix up the stuff. It is not just Tracker, there is the documentation, a new sample basic application to use as a model (the existing Hello World aint relevant no more) all of this stuff was raised before v3.2 and it is starting to be hugely frustrating that IPS is neglecting the non-core part continuously.

Nail, head, facepalm.
not just about this specific app IMHO.... a universal "hey let's actually update it ALL to the current stable" needs to happen, tracker was focused on for lack of anything, but the need/feeling goes quite beyond any app... I still have to hunt error codes out occasionally.... :baby:

People complaining about tracker. People complaining about IP.SEO. People complaining about gallery.

This topic is the same as the android vs ios one honestly.

I don't think it just complaining as you stated it but it more of IP.SEO is having some problems, okay that cool. But IP.Tracker's current version is release as a Beta and that it was never completed as a "stability" release and bugs have been log. Thus it been in beta for for a few months. That the issue there. With gallery it was release with an "upgrade" to what it was then a release was done. But when the "upgrade" of this major version was release it lack so many features that where strip out of the version before and never put back in. It coming back later on, thus when the version came out it lack many things that it had before and it a year later and still it has not been put back. This is what I believe where the issues on hand that people are very concern about and it and waiting for so long for the basic features to be put back. Of course this is my thoughts and I could be wrong.

People complaining about tracker. People complaining about IP.SEO. People complaining about gallery.

This topic is the same as the android vs ios one honestly.

This just in, no complaining in the feedback forum! It's only to be used to tell IPS how great they are!

As this topic attests people are clearly unhappy with Tracker in its current state so we are removing it for the time being until we can make a long term decision.

I can't see why you would remove it completely.

Maybe move it to another forum parent and give a clear message at the top that it's currently not supported or expected to receive replies from staff or something like that.

The problem is that if we experience problems now we can no longer see if some other users experienced the same issue or if they've got it solved by a fix they applied. I have a couple of issues I should've searched or see if anyone in the community was able to help with them.

Don't think so, not if IP has it already? Could be wrong

If you abandon something for 7 months I think its a clear indication that you have no intention to update it. Others should be free to takeover for the benefit of everyone else. Just look at what happened with the inv awards.

Just an opinion though. I know nothing of copyright law or "ethics".

I am pretty miffed .. after moenths of nothing, remove it while 'we' make a decision? Surely by now you will either abandon it or take it in house to do properly. sheez

First IP.Portal then IP.Shoutbox, then probably IP.Tracker and then prolly IP.Converge.... All good things doesn't last forever. I am glad we have people like Michael who took the shoutbox and is providing updates and fixes.

After all it's all about $$ so can't blame IPS either.

Just wanted to pop in and say IP.Tracker is one of the reasons I haven't switched to XenForo, as they do not offer this solution. Hopefully Charles assigns someone to resurrect IP.Tracker's project in the near future. I fear we could be stuck on an older IP.Board version when compatibility breaks.

Thanks for the work so far on it. :smile:

First IP.Portal then IP.Shoutbox, then probably IP.Tracker and then prolly IP.Converge.... All good things doesn't last forever. I am glad we have people like Michael who took the shoutbox and is providing updates and fixes.

After all it's all about $$ so can't blame IPS either.

IP.Shoutbox was never operated by IPS, it was a community project which all community projects were taken down as they removed the community projects groups etc. Same goes for tracker.

Archived