Download: [HQ] Awards (Free)

InvisionHQ

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had known that, I wouldn't have upgraded to the new version to begin with. It's one thing to release a paid version with extra features, but it's another entirely to take some of the features that were once free (and were once half the reason we began using this system) and then start charging for them.

totally agree with you there buddy, I was going to upgrade but knowing that, that option is no longer I don't think I will upgrade at all. if you have to login to your acp every time to award someone, that is a little annoying.

I'm getting this error when I got to the awards tab on the main site. HELP Please.

Fatal error: Call to a member function category_row_start() on a non-object in /home/content/22/8148922/html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/jawards/modules_public/awards/awards.php on line 186

Jlogica has added a heap of functionality to the mod since he took it over. I can't recall what the full version price was but it was pretty modest.

3DKiwi

Not to mention he re-wrote the entire APP.

It wasn't easy reading that old code structure and format :smile:

+ the support from him is nice.

The only thing I didn't like is Jlogica moved giving award option in ACP in free version. I am waiting for the day till he adds Xenforo like auto award/trophy system where admins can define more criteria and such.

Forgot I set it so that unregistered users can't 'buy' Nexus has a silly behaviour that it plays with groups but isn't smart enough to tell someone to register before allowing a buy.

Pretty sure the software page doesn't require you to register it is a IP.Content page.

If I had known that, I wouldn't have upgraded to the new version to begin with. It's one thing to release a paid version with extra features, but it's another entirely to take some of the features that were once free (and were once half the reason we began using this system) and then start charging for them.

So any word on whether or not awarding outside of the ACP will reappear in the free version? In my opinion, this should not be a "feature" but standard functionality within the application; without it, the application is extraordinarly cumbersome and borderline useless.

So any word on whether or not awarding outside of the ACP will reappear in the free version? In my opinion, this should not be a "feature" but standard functionality within the application; without it, the application is extraordinarly cumbersome and borderline useless.

Just lash and spend the $14.95 on the full version. You're then supporting the developer whose put an awful lot of work into this excellent mod that otherwise would no longer be working with the current forum version.

I actually do all of my awarding from the ACP despite having the full version. Pretty quick to do.

3DKiwi

Just lash and spend the $14.95 on the full version. You're then supporting the developer whose put an awful lot of work into this excellent mod that otherwise would no longer be working with the current forum version.

I actually do all of my awarding from the ACP despite having the full version. Pretty quick to do.

3DKiwi

I'd love to, but my community is nonprofit; nearly all of the revenue from our advertisements go towards hosting costs. And then I have to pay a yearly fee to keep using this one feature if I decide to update my board; I really don't care about the others. I might be forced to buy it, but I don't appreciate being forced to pay for a product because an update took away features that I previously received for free. The only reason I upgraded at all was because I saw in this support topic that JLogica promised that the paid version would only offer extra features, and not take away any functionality. Paying for it would just give him justification for this decision.

Don't get me wrong; I very much appreciate the work on the mod; it truly is top-notch. But public awarding has been a free feature since before JLogica took it over; I'm very disappointed for it to have been monetized after I had so tightly integrated it into my community.

No front end awarding will remain full version only.

I hope you reconsider; this is the sort of business move that companies get tons of backlash for (imagine if Facebook started charging a fee for you to use their chat system).

Archived