IP.Chat + Webcam

S0uth_cl8ud

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Anything is possible in the future. :smile: When we have more information on what will be coming in future versions of IP.Chat, we'll be sure to post about it in the blog.

The trouble is we keep on waiting and have been for a long time despite my suggestion and others posted in the appropriate forum.

Bethanyrayne, on 18 Jan 2013 - 14:01, said:

The trouble is we keep on waiting and have been for a long time despite my suggestion and others posted in the appropriate forum.

Trouble is Ip. Chat and Webcam integration is not a major requirement. I don't have numbers on my hand however i think usage of IP.Chat is way low compared to other applications. For many license owners core feature improvements are more critical compared to chat.

Just don't be surprised if the price goes up. Astronomically. To do video chat, you'd need server infrastructure running Flash Media Server or similar (at hideous expense) and the bandwidth use would be MASSIVE.

I'd hope that if this true that they will make it where you can by the standard chat at the same price and get voice/video add-on for a separate price.

Trouble is Ip. Chat and Webcam integration is not a major requirement. I don't have numbers on my hand however i think usage of IP.Chat is way low compared to other applications. For many license owners core feature improvements are more critical compared to chat.

IP Chat usage is low because it is bordering on useless. I agree that voice and video should not be a top priority rather, make IP Chat a true Chat Room first.

IP Chat usage is low because it is bordering on useless. I agree that voice and video should not be a top priority rather, make IP Chat a true Chat Room first.

Useless? How so? Sorry i am a new client of IPS. Whyy do you think it is useless?(I mean i already have it in my package but have yet to install it)

It has no connection with IP Board at all other than a link to it. Despite the person you wish to chat with is on the forum there is no way to invite him to chat from IP Chat. It is "Standalone" with very limited functionality.

There are lots of other gripes just pop into the IP Chat forum.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived