Donkerrood

Simple Tag Management

90 posts in this topic

Simple Tag Management

View File

Let your members help you with tagging your content!

The hook will show a button next to the 'follow' button in the topic view, so you don't have to edit the first post for adding tags. Clicking on the 'edit tags' button will show a drop down menu in which you can easily add tags to the topics, or delete previously added tags. Please read the readmeTags.txt file for instructions and information on settings.

Features

• This hook supports pre-defined tags as well as the open-tags setting.
  • You can set the minimum number of posts required before users can add tags.
  • Can be fully translated.
  • Shows you which user added which tag.
  • Tags can be deleted.
  • Supports 'force lower case' setting for both pre-defined and open tag system.
  • Supports 'max number of tags' setting.

Donate

This hook is free to use. But if you would like to support this hook's development you can donate here:
btn_donate_LG.gif

Simple Tag Management 4

If you are looking for the version that you need for IPS4, please see this file:

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/28/2012
  • Category
  • Discussion URL
  • Support Info
  • Supported Versions
Q8PM, berries and BomAleold like this

A very much needed addon. Very cool. I'd be surprised if you didn't get some dime by adding a donate request on the mod page.

That said, I'm not getting the delete option. Yes, I'm a super mod but it ain't there. My topics, other people topics, all with tags.

Hi,

I've tested on IPB 3.2.2 and dropdown show's me only adding tag without deleting part.
Note: I'am administrator on that board & like you sayid only smod + admin had acces to delete tags.
post-193549-0-00076000-1327811679_thumb.

I have read your readme.txt file and i do nothing wrong.

Can you try the following (just to analyze what's wrong)?

Add the following code at the top of the skin template 'topicViewTags' under 'Topic':

<php>

print ( 'mod = ' . $this->memberData['is_mod'] . '<br />' );

print ( 'supmod = '. $this->memberData['g_is_supmod'] . '<br />' );

</php>

And post the output it generates (plain text at the top of the page) here? Thereafter you can remove these lines of code again.

Can you try to uninstall the previous hook and install the attached xml (is the updated version, but I want to see if this fixes the problem before updating the download)

If you look at the template in 'topic' > 'topicView' and click on the 'variables' button, what does it show? It should show:

$tags, $rawtags, $is_sup_mod

if it is topicViewTemplate you want then:

$forum, $topic, $post_data, $displayData

Thats it. Sent PM if you want to do this over AIM, Yahoo Messenger, or Windows Live Messenger in real time

It's useful but i don't agree with the permissions to allow any visitor to be able to edit the tags in my topics. The visiting member could mess up my tags, by deleting the correct ones and replacing with nonsense tags. Trust no one with anything important.

The topic view tags template is giving me Apache web server errors, works for the most part in the forum but returns errors in the Apache web server logs, I think if there is no tags at all then we get a missing argument in Apache

PHP Warning:  Missing argument 3 for skin_topic_1::topicViewTags(), called in /home/www/vfrd/forum/evilmod/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3435) : eval()'d code on line 118 and defined in /home/www/vfrd/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 726, referer: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?

I just stumbled on it trying to fix a bug in a mod I am doing on my own.

It's useful but i don't agree with the permissions to allow any visitor to be able to edit the tags in my topics. The visiting member could mess up my tags, by deleting the correct ones and replacing with nonsense tags. Trust no one with anything important.

You can make the setting as such that only moderators are allowed to edit the tags. Guests and members are not allowed to delete tags. Currently, I have the edit tags option enabled only for members with more than 500 posts (which I find trustworthy users). Most of the times my members come up with better tags than I would do myself...

The topic view tags template is giving me Apache web server errors, works for the most part in the forum but returns errors in the Apache web server logs, I think if there is no tags at all then we get a missing argument in Apache

PHP Warning:  Missing argument 3 for skin_topic_1::topicViewTags(), called in /home/www/vfrd/forum/evilmod/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3435) : eval()'d code on line 118 and defined in /home/www/vfrd/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 726, referer: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?

I just stumbled on it trying to fix a bug in a mod I am doing on my own.

if you go to the topicViewTags template and click the variables button, there should be only: '$tags, $rawtags' in there.

Otherwise, please delete the installed hook and try to reinstall the latest download.

I really love this modification, but a gallery version at some point in time would be nice. Just saying.