Email integration

Noni

This is an old topic but hey, it's something I would like to see.

I belong to a professional body who have a website (pretty poor) and who use Yahoo Groups for communications and contact between members who are given access to the Group when they join.

In reality, I don't think anyone actually bothers with logging into Yahoo Groups via a browser, instead they just email the group address and all members get a new email, same with replies to those new discussions, all done via email. 

Of course there is the option to go to Yahoo Groups to see and read the messages, if you wish. The messages are all private.

I've thought many times about offering to upgrade the provision to IPS4, I think it would be a big improvement, but the response would be that the members would expect to be able to carry on with the convenience of replying to discussions and starting new ones via email as well as being able to log into the website for more features if they want.

Only registered email addresses via member accounts would be allowed to create and reply to topics in a general discussion forum. For more control, editing and forums, they would need to log into the website.

• 2 months later...

Archived