Email integration

Noni

Maybe you could take a look at this thread:

"Will IPB ever have the capability to integrate email like phpBB2 has with mail2forum or vBulletin has with its Email integration add-on?

It works like this: when a post is made in the forum, each subscribed member gets it by email. Members can also reply to these emailed posts and they are then threaded into the discussion just as if they were made through the web interface.

This feature combines the best of both worlds allowing members who prefer email communication to stay active and contribute, while those who prefer the web interface can participate online only.

Some time last year there was a thread here where a poster from IPS said that it was possible because of the recent technical developments with IPS, but somehow that thread is now gone from the IPS community pages. "

• 2 weeks later...

This would be a MORE than welcome enhancement to the board. If you consider this, PM's are #1 on my list. I can't tell you how many times members reply to the e-mail notification of the PM's instead of logging in and using the PM system. I will admit that I am even guilty of replying to the notification. This would likely be on the top of my list for enhancements too.

• 1 month later...

I would do absolutely anything for this feature, including selling my first born child. Can someone from IPS let me know if it's coming anytime soon? Or if there is a way to add it on through some type of mod. Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

¿Any news on this? This topic started over a year ago (I remember having myself requested this feature over a year ago as well) :smile:

Is it planned for... let's say IPS 3.5 or IPS 4.0? :whistle:

Please include this feature sometime in the feature... for me it would be one of the TOP features of IPS :super:

(There is also a long thread in Xenforo requesting this feature)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there any news regarding email integration for 4.0? I know I sound like a broken record, but my next forum software must have this feature... and I don't want the developers to forget about it. :smile:

• 2 years later...

Archived