DustinRyan

Xgame

116 posts in this topic

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Xgame

File Submitter: DustinRyan

File Submitted: 18 Jan 2012

File Category: Themed Skins

Supported Versions: IP.Blog 2.6.x, IP.Board 3.4.x, IP.Calendar 3.3.x, IP.Chat 1.4.x, IP.Content 2.3.x, IP.Downloads 2.5.x, IP.Gallery 5.0.x, IP.Nexus 1.5.x

Xgame is the perfect skin for gamers. It has a very customizable jQuery slider in the header that has beautiful animations for switching between displays, and is perfect for showcasing the latest gaming news, tips, tricks, and more! The skin also comes with a detailed footer with three columns of customizable links to display anything and everything. Xgame is very sleek and full of hidden surprises such as a hover-over dropdown menu for displaying the search bar, as well as subtle hovers and a very satisfying display of information. If you're a gamer, you need this skin.

Supported add-ons: Blog, Gallery, Downloads, Nexus, Calendar, Content, and Chat.

*FREE mobile skin included*

Note: If you wish to download this skin for IPB 3.3.4 instead of 3.4, download version 1.1.6 of Xgame in the "previous versions" box on the right!

here to download this file

Impressive skin, I am very tempted to buy this.

This is just like Bulliten, it's awesome but no dark version :sad:

I might buy it and change it myself :tongue:

@syndicatemeow, FP doesn't do live demos, only screenshots.

EDIT: Erm... Skins was great up till I went to read a PM... then it was CSS-less. Tried re-cache, removed and imported again...still the same.

@syndicatemeow There are a bunch of screenshots of many views of the skin, but if you need to view any particular area, I can certainly take more. Unfortunately, I don't do live demos at the moment because of a major piracy risk, but please contact me if you need to see any feature in particular, and I will do my best to show it to you.

@Cyrem Can you link me to your board so I can take a look? That sounds very odd. Have you tried to recache after importing? Usually recacheing any skin after importing is always a good idea.
EDIT: I tried to duplicate your problem on my end and I can't find any problems. What version of IP.Board are you using?

I'm sorry but I don't have a dark version available of the skin. It was designed as a light skin, but I am certainly not against making a dark version in the future. If I do, I would bundle the skins together as a light and dark option in one package for one price (probably still $10 as usual). But at the moment, I have not started any such project. If the demand for the skin is still out there, and enough people want a dark version, I would certainly consider it.

Running the latest 3.2.3. Weirdly, it works on my test board but not on my real board. I thought might have been because I renamed the skin(as I had this problem once before)... it didn't fix it.

Can you link me to your board so I can analyze this problem further? I don't see it happening on my board, nor has anyone else reported any problems, so I'll need to see if it's something on your board.

Did you change the image directory name or skin name? Try leaving it as a default install. Also try to note what the differences are between your two boards. If you have any modifications that require skin edits, make sure those edits are done on the skin. Sometimes mods that require skin edits break skins if the edits are not done.

I just released a small update that fixes two images and adjusts the register button's position slightly.
The update is version 1.0.1 but if you don't want to reinstall the skin, here's the manual edits:

Download the two files attached here and upload them to the xgame image directory as the following:
cat_minimize.png
cat_maximize.png

post-126871-0-66952500-1327097065.png

post-126871-0-85447200-1327097072.png

Then in the CSS (within your ACP), open category.css for Xgame and locate the following:

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >) no-repeat; text-indent: -3000em; width: 25px; height: 25px; display: block; outline: 0; }

.maintitle_3 .toggle {

visibility: hidden;

background: url(		

See where it says "width: 25px;" Replace the 25 with 30, so the end result looks like this:

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >) no-repeat; text-indent: -3000em; width: 30px; height: 25px; display: block; outline: 0; }

.maintitle_3 .toggle {

visibility: hidden;

background: url(		

Save. Next, open up ipb_styles.css and locate the register link code:

#user_navigation #register_link {

background: #71b618;

color: #fff;

display: inline-block;

padding: 3px 8px;

border: 1px solid #71b618;

-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0px 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.2), 0px 1px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);

-moz-box-shadow: inset 0px 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.2), 0px 1px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);

box-shadow: inset 0px 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.2), 0px 1px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);

text-shadow: 0px 1px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);

}

Below "text-shadow: 0px 1px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);" add the following:

margin-right: 15px;

So your final result will look like this:

#user_navigation #register_link {

background: #71b618;

color: #fff;

display: inline-block;

padding: 3px 8px;

border: 1px solid #71b618;

-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0px 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.2), 0px 1px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);

-moz-box-shadow: inset 0px 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.2), 0px 1px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);

box-shadow: inset 0px 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.2), 0px 1px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);

text-shadow: 0px 1px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);

margin-right: 15px;

}

Save. All done!

If you have the Shoutbox set as a global hook, I don't think it can. However, if you set it to board index only, there should be a setting in the hook to have it appear AFTER a certain bit of code, instead of before, which should help move it. I've done it before to a customer who had a custom skin made with a similar setup and it worked out. However, I can't remember off the top of my head what the setting configuration was, but I do know that it is certainly possible, but only if you make your shoutbox index only, not global.

hmm... I really like having my shoutbox Global as do my members.

I set it to Index Only.. where do I change it now to move down?

You will need to edit one of the tabs for the hook that let's you choose BEFORE or AFTER a specific statement. I don't have the shoutbox to look at on my end, so I can't remember what option it is to choose, but if you tinker with which div/if statement you want it to appear before or after, eventually, you'll get the right one.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if you really do want the shoutbox to be global, then you would need to make the slider global as well, which I can do for you, but just remember, it will be a LOT of scrolling on each page just to get to the content, which you already have a lot of with that long guest message that guests have to scroll past to get to the content on each page in addition to the shoutbox.

That's fine. I'd like to see how that would look... do you need access to my board or how can you do this for me?

If you feel like you are the kind of person who is not 100% familiar with editing code, then I would definitely recommend having me do it for you, to ensure it goes smoothly.

Although, I am about to go to sleep, so if you could PM me a link to your board with an admin login, I can certainly make the slider global tonight, but if you reply again, I might not see it until the morning.

I have made the changes to your board. The shoutbox is now below the slider. However, the slider and shoutbox are global, so you'll need to scroll a bit on each page to get to the content you want to view. But if you want both to stay global, that's just something you are prepared to deal with.

I can certainly tweak and help you further if you need anything else done, but I'm off to bed for the night. So if you need anything, I'll be back to reply in the morning :)

Thanks man! This is pretty much exactly what I was trying to do... one issue though :/

post-204088-0-37615700-1327160604_thumb.

post-204088-0-50694200-1327160610_thumb.

The shoutbox is covered up by the slider a LOT of the main page... maybe it's my resolution or...?

Can you move down more?

Yes I saw that, too, but then I refreshed and it shows just fine. Did you try refreshing again? What browser are you using?

Oh wow lol... it's working now after refresh.. using Chrome btw..

So anyone NEW to the site will see this correct version then... ours was messed up due to the cache I assume.

Thanks so much! My guys love this new skin.

I am using Chrome as well. I don't know if it's a browser thing, but I have noticed that sometimes skin changes don't exactly happen after first refresh when going to other pages, but a second refresh usually gets things back up to speed. I never really noticed that with IPB 3.1, mostly in IPB 3.2. But I haven't really tested if it's Chrome-only or not. But everyone else should see it just fine as long as they are coming to the site after I made the change, or did a hard refresh while viewing when I made the change. In a nutshell...everyone should see everything just fine today.

Enjoy the skin, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you ever need anything!

Hi,

I bought this theme, Really awesome job for my gaming forum. But i require help on two things

1. Making theme full screen means i want it to be 100% width :)
2. How to make the banner(the slide show on the top) to decrease the slide change speed and also how to make it appear on top of all the places like downloads, blogs, gallery and content. :(

Please help :)

Found one small Bug as well...
I changed the Module Title text for both Public and Admin Modules it's not showing me the changes.

For example
I changed "Forums" to "Home" but the Skin shows the same "Forums". but when i use default or any other themes it's showing the changes.

This is for Renaming the Top Menu Links display text.

Hi,

I bought this theme, Really awesome job for my gaming forum. But i require help on two things

1. Making theme full screen means i want it to be 100% width :smile:

2. How to make the banner(the slide show on the top) to decrease the slide change speed and also how to make it appear on top of all the places like downloads, blogs, gallery and content. :sad:

Please help :smile:

1. Yes I can do that for you if you don't know how to change the width of a skin. Just PM me your board info and a login I can use.
2. The speed can be changed in the globalTemplate HTML file. The speed is currently set to something like 8000 or something like that, just change the 8 to a higher number (8000 = 8 seconds, so 12000 = 12 seconds, etc.) I can do this for you as well if you are uncomfortable with changing it yourself.

Found one small Bug as well...

I changed the Module Title text for both Public and Admin Modules it's not showing me the changes.

For example

I changed "Forums" to "Home" but the Skin shows the same "Forums". but when i use default or any other themes it's showing the changes.

This is for Renaming the Top Menu Links display text.

Are you sure your cache just isn't updated? There is nothing that I changed that would have an effect on what you name the primary_nav links. The primary_nav still uses all the same primary_nav classes. I just changed colors in it. That wouldn't have any effect on global properties that are changed through PHP. It's only a skin.

Awesome looking skin you have mate.

Debating whether to purchase it though. I was wondering if I could replace an image on the skin to feel more like football site?

Thanks

Yes, feel free to replace any images, colors, etc. as long as the legal copyright stays untouched. If you want to change the graphics to match a football theme, go right ahead!