Download: Stop Spammer Registration

Dylan Riggs

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

This is causing a database error for me.

Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 01:05:47 +0000 Error: 1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'timesBlocked + 1' for column 'timesBlocked' at row 1

IP Address: XXXX - /forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register

mySQL query error: UPDATE sfs_blocked SET timesBlocked='timesBlocked + 1',sfsFreq=1047,sfsLast=1339804800,sfsConf=100 WHERE blockID = 356

This is causing a database error for me.

Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 01:05:47 +0000 Error: 1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'timesBlocked + 1' for column 'timesBlocked' at row 1

IP Address: XXXX - /forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register

mySQL query error: UPDATE sfs_blocked SET timesBlocked='timesBlocked + 1',sfsFreq=1047,sfsLast=1339804800,sfsConf=100 WHERE blockID = 356

I believe your mistaken .. I have installed this on a test platform .. and have looked at the hook itself .. it doesn't use database tables, only the cache system ... but I, like you, have those tables on my live site .. if I had to venture a guess ... this its lag over from a previous hook/application

on that note..my previous post above is the same situation .. was due to a hook that was left installed and it was not compatible
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question. I have it set to send me emails every time a spammer is blocked. Does it send me an email whenever someone is blocked from registering on MY site, or everyone that has the hooks site?

Only people that try to register on your site.
  • 2 weeks later...

How do you get this to display? I see no option in the hook's settings to do this.

3DKiwi

Go to system settings - Hooks - Stop spammer registration
Section called statistics displays shows the details in the board footer, it should only show one.

Go to system settings - Hooks - Stop spammer registration

Section called statistics displays shows the details in the board footer, it should only show one.

Thanks. Looks like I'm running the other stopforumspam hook.

3DKiwi

Had an issue where a user submitting a registration that was empty would trigger an output buffering (headers already sent) warning.

Not a huge issue in and of itself, but you may want to locate the following line (line 23 in spamreg_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.php) in hook file and use an @ to suppress this until there is a fix. (which I assume will be an @. lol)

// DO I NEED TO ENGAGE THIS ENEMY?

$ipc = @substr_count($this->settings['cssfs_whitelist'], $uip);

$emailc = @substr_count($this->settings['cssfs_ewhitelist'], $uemail);

• 2 weeks later...

.MeoW., I believe you are using the application by JGrucza. This hook doesn't touch your DB.
bobpeters, thanks.

Update released for IP.B 3.3.x versions only.

A much needed update that should resolve all the xml errors some people were getting as it's been replaced with a single JSON call. The best thing about this is that you can now do another 13,000+ more queries to SFS a day.

I will do an update for IP.B 3.2 if users would like :smile:

Update released for IP.B 3.3.x versions only.

A much needed update that should resolve all the xml errors some people were getting as it's been replaced with a single JSON call. The best thing about this is that you can now do another 13,000+ more queries to SFS a day.

I will do an update for IP.B 3.2 if users would like :smile:

Woot! Thanks for the update.

18,508 Spammers blocked since January 16th 2012, thanks Cyrem! Don't know what we'd do without you.

Woot! Thanks for the update.

18,508 Spammers blocked since January 16th 2012, thanks Cyrem! Don't know what we'd do without you.

I'm up around 12,000. Thanks for your support!

Important update Released! 1.3.3a

If you are using version 1.3.3 for IP.Board 3.3, I've identified a mistake where the IP's were not being checked... this resulted in some spammers getting past if they are using a new email address.

Again, this only applies to people with version 1.3.3 of the hook.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm up around 12,000. Thanks for your support!

[hr]

[color=#ff0000]Important update Released![/color] 1.3.3a

If you are using version 1.3.3 for IP.Board 3.3, I've identified a mistake where the IP's were not being checked... this resulted in some spammers getting past if they are using a new email address.

Again, this only applies to people with version 1.3.3 of the hook.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Not a problem, painless update :D

Upgraded to 1.3.3a when I updated IPB to the latest version (from 3.2 to 3.3) and the upgrade went fine. But since then I've noticed that it's no longer reporting spammers to stopforumspam. I've checked my API key (reset the ACP field and then re-copied the API key), but no luck. Has anyone else noticed this?

There used to be an option in the old versions which allowed you to report spammers to SFS from their profile page. Unfortunately I had to remove it because some people did not set it up correctly and so... was being abused. Apparently SFS were getting a lot of angry emails about it.

This hook never auto-reported them, JGrucza's old version of his hook did this (of which such a function is not allowed anyway), so you may have unknowingly changed to my hook from his when you went to upgrade.

I think the only way for me to add it back in is to turn this hook into an application, but then that defeats the purpose of this being a lightweight anti-spammer solution.

Ah, so the setting just got 'stuck' after I upgraded? That explains it then! I just wanted to make sure that something wasn't broken after the upgrade. Such an option to make it easy to report spammers that slip past would be really nice (it happens once in awhile), but I'm very happy with your mod with or without such a feature.

So far it's blocked almost 4,000 spammers since January and it's made being an admin/mod on my board infinitely less tedious and annoying. Thank you! :)

Archived