Download: ProMenu Basic

Robert Simons

File Name: ProMenu Basic
File Submitter: Robert Simons
File Submitted: 19 Dec 2011
File Category: Applications

The ProMenu for IP.Board allows you to add a multilevel drop-down menu to your board, the ability to alter the primary and secondary navigation default application link positioning, and the flexibility to adjust your menus structure to accommodate each skin template. This menu management system also allows multiple IP.Content pages with proper tab activation for each page (this includes pages in folders), and does not effect "Custom Pages" built in primary menu system. This system can be used everywhere the board wrapper is used. This has been tested with all IPS products and most third party applications and is fully functional for all without conflict. All sales are final, so research your options before purchasing.

3.2.x, 3.3.x & 3.4.x Compliant!!!!!

Not the version your looking for?
Looking for something with more features?
The newest version with even more features can be found here !!!

Features:
· Unlimited Multilevel Menus
· Ability To Add Menu Icons To Parent and Children
· Primary and Secondary Default Application Link Management
· Supports Active Tab Management For Multiple IP.Content Pages
· Works With All IPS Products And Most Third Party Applications
· Treat Menus as a Category (per menu)
· Choose left/right positioning for sub-menus (per menu)
· Parent Menu Activation When On Active Child
· Disable View of the "More" drop-down
· Cache Driven to Eliminate Possible Server Overloads
· Navigation Arrow Indicators
· Does Not Effect The Primary Navigation System Built Into Custom Pages Application
· Ability to Disable Mouse-over Descriptions (per menu)
· Choice to Use Data-Tool-tip Rather Than Title on Description (per menu)
· Choice to hide menus based on member groups or display menus based on permissions
· Fully Functional with IP.Navigation

Requirements:
· version 3.2.0 or higher
· IP.Content is NOT required, though it will determine if it is installed or not, and if does detect its installation, it will show any settings that are affiliated with this application, otherwise these settings are not available

NOTE:
This menu system will not inherit third party themes. Since this is the first menu of its kind, there is no stylesheet currently within IPB for me to use a basis to build upon. As a result I must create my own, using the IPB default as a base. Due to these factors, it is up to the end user to change the stylesheet provided with this application too accommodate the look and feel of each theme you may have installed.
For those who are having issues with your stylesheet alterations, I do offer a service to adjust your menu system to have the look desired for your theme. This service is $5 per theme ($10 for skinbox..or any other extensively altered payed theme). If you have a large amount of themes, contact me via pm for details on bulk deals.

Click here to download this file

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you get a Fatal Error after installing and enabling this application (example bellow):

Fatal error: Call to a member function prim_nav_app() on a non-object in /home/<host-account>/public_html/hooks/globalProMenuPrimNavApp_2b801deb65b14435b1b35d55829bca90.php on line 96

Go to Look & Feel → Template Tools → Recache Skin Sets → Select All Skin Sets → Then click the button Recache Skin Sets

I hope that helps some people if this error happens.

@ Extreame ... I believe this issue comes from a missing skin key for the default IPB Skin. If you have altered your default skin it might have lost the skin key. I had a similar issue as well, but was with all applications not just this one. The skin key option is going to be changed in the next release, or so I have been told by tech support. Do me a favor and check your skin, make sure a key is present.

@ Richard ... I can look into adding a setting in the next release to disable the "more" from being displayed.

that would be nice :) tbh its the only thing that stops me buying, Ive put some time in on the fusion menu, but support for it is erm, lacking.

I'm glad you have stepped in with this :). One other thing, with drop down parent menus can there be an additional down arroe to the right of the text and with child menus an arrow to the right of the text - to add as visual cues that there is another menu level.

this is what Ive done with the other menu system to date DEV SITE, I'd be looking to do the same with your one :)

@ Extreame ... I believe this issue comes from a missing skin key for the default IPB Skin. If you have altered your default skin it might have lost the skin key. I had a similar issue as well, but was with all applications not just this one. The skin key option is going to be changed in the next release, or so I have been told by tech support. Do me a favor and check your skin, make sure a key is present.

Yeah a skin key is present in all my skins.

It is no big issue (for me), I was just giving a quick solution if anyone runs into this issue.

EDIT: So nice to have great support to this app! Nice job %7Boption%7D

that would be nice :smile: tbh its the only thing that stops me buying, Ive put some time in on the fusion menu, but support for it is erm, lacking.

I'm glad you have stepped in with this :smile:. One other thing, with drop down parent menus can there be an additional down arroe to the right of the text and with child menus an arrow to the right of the text - to add as visual cues that there is another menu level.

this is what Ive done with the other menu system to date

DEV SITE

, I'd be looking to do the same with your one :smile:

I do believe I should be able to add that in as that would be done via the stylesheet..and maybe a slight alteration to the template bit

It is no big issue (for me), I was just giving a quick solution if anyone runs into this issue.

Thanks for checking ... I myself only had this issue on builds that had altered the default IPB skin (even only in title) ... but as I said..it was all applications not just this one. Every fresh install I tested it on had no ill effects. I will make sure to keep an eye out on this situation and make any alterations accordingly.

EDIT: So nice to have great support to this app! Nice job %7Boption%7D

Thanks for the kudos!!!

I'm a big believer in support...its one of the reasons why I added a bug report feature in the overview...I want to be aware of any issues on any products I produce...plus I know alot of people wont submit a report..if they have to goto a site, register, and post just to issue a bug.

Thanks for the kudos!!!

I'm a big believer in support...its one of the reasons why I added a bug report feature in the overview...I want to be aware of any issues on any products I produce...plus I know alot of people wont submit a report..if they have to goto a site, register, and post just to issue a bug.

I also believe in great support (not many developers here do - great apps, crap support) so I do always try and give thanks where earned.

I love the bug report feature (about to use it), this should be in every app/mod and even IP.Board

Can I make a suggestion? can you add the editor in the bug report so we can show you pictures in the report etc

I also believe in great support (not many developers here do - great apps, crap support) so I do always try and give thanks where earned.

I love the bug report feature (about to use it), this should be in every app/mod and even IP.Board

Can I make a suggestion? can you add the editor in the bug report so we can show you pictures in the report etc

sure I'll see if I can add it the rte

Also a confirmation screen after a bug submittal, as it seems to submit it and returns a blank screen (within the app), something like "Your report has been submitted" would be fantastic!

This is a fantastic idea (the bug reporter), I love it

Yeah I know I need to tweak the bug report system .. it was kind of a last minute addition..I will be improving upon it..and yes I received the report..but it had no content...you not add any? ... cuz it should have had an error w/o content

Hmmm...this is very tempting. I'm just worried this and my custom skin aren't going to play nice.

I did make it quite flexible so you can alter it to suit the needs of your skin ... but I do know what you mean as some skins go way off the defaults ... case in point .. skinbox themes .. I had to play with all the templates to get the proper display on their themes .. if you find you have issues with a display on a specific theme, I'd be more than willing to help fix the display issue

Sweet! I use skinbox themes and I know they do things differently, but glad to see it will work with them and you're willing to give great support on this! Going to be purchasing this shortly! :smile:

I had quite a time getting their theme to display correct...so when you get it installed..and need help fixing the template bits to accommodate..just drop me a pm

Alright...your great customer service has convinced me. I'm going to get this :smile:

I aim to please ... as I said before ... I'm big into support ... its kind of the company motto actually ... like the web hosting my company offers ... we give our customers help with issues that would never happen anyplace else .. as installation of open source material, site migration, backup assistance, etc .. all done free of charge (unless abused).

If you get a Fatal Error after installing and enabling this application (example bellow):

Fatal error: Call to a member function prim_nav_app() on a non-object in /home/<host-account>/public_html/hooks/globalProMenuPrimNavApp_2b801deb65b14435b1b35d55829bca90.php on line 96

Go to Look & Feel → Template Tools → Recache Skin Sets → Select All Skin Sets → Then click the button Recache Skin Sets

I hope that helps some people if this error happens.

I had to rebuild the html first and then recache my skin sets to make the error message go away. Just in case anyone else has that problem :)

Archived