Mike John

(M34) Collections System

68 posts in this topic

(M34) Collections System

Allows your community to setup a collection/database of items, with the ability to add images, mods and comments for each item. Includes custom field support.

Click here to read my IPS Marketplace purchase guide before purchasing. View the IP.Board 4.0 version here.

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Feature List:

• Inline notification support for new comments added to items. IPB3.1.x+ only feature.
  • IP.Board Sitemap Generator plugin included. Which allows item links to be included in your sitemap file.
  • Topic view integration, so members with items will have a link to their items in posts they make. IPB3.1 compatible only.
  • Full integration with the IPB3 member group permissions, set which members can add, edit and delete from the system.
  • Limits of how many items per member and mods/images/comments allowed per item set by per member group.
  • Discussion topics options for items added.
  • Ajax rating system with the option to change rating.
  • Social bookmarks hook integration. Share Links will be automatically included for IPB 3.1 boards.
  • Thumbnail view with lightbox integration for item images.
  • Hooks added for global view, default/unreal portal and sidebar. Includes showing latest items, random items or active featured items .
  • Detailed statistics page for showing collections system statistics in more detail.
  • Owner selected images, item owners can select an image they want to be shown when a thumbnail of their item is displayed.
  • Option to customize thumbnail widths/heights with 3 classes of thumbnails sizes (small, standard, large).
  • Full FURL support for the view items page, including when different item tabs are selected.
  • Type-ahead search ability in the manage items, images, modifications and comments pages. So you can quickly search for a members item.
  • Ability to add custom fields into the main tag itself instead of a new tab.
  • Profile tab support with a items profile tab.
  • Featured items for those who want to feature items on the main collections system page. Also included is an option to remove a featured item from the main page and keep it on a separate featured items history page.
  • Tab system to organize multiple custom fields.
  • Item comments for items your members add.
  • Zero file and zero skin edit required, just upload the files, run the application installer and your done.
  • Let your members add, edit and delete there own items, modifications and images.
  • Upload multiple images for each item or modification added.
  • Thumbnail generation for larger images, ensures that this application does not use large amounts of bandwidth.

Garage System v3 converter:
The Collections System comes with a converter that will convert data from the Garage System to work with the Collections System, this ensures you can move from the Garage System to Collections System without loosing any data. There are some minor differences between each system, so it's recommended you contact us before purchasing if you have any questions.

Custom Fields:
Allows you to quickly and effortlessly add custom fields to the Collections System without the need to edit source code. Supported field types include: Text Input, Dropdown Box, Multi-Select Dropdown, Radio Buttons, Check Boxes, Text Area and Password.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/15/2011
  • Category
  • Discussion URL
    http://www.devfuse.com/products/65-collections-system/
  • Support Info
  • Supported Versions

Awesome application although I was under the impression that you can create a global set of items and user's hit a 'add to my collection' button. But I guess I can make this work also...

However there REALLY REALLY needs to be a way to categorise the items... whether it be globally or being able to personally create your own categories. (I would prefer that members can organise their own collection)

EDIT: Also if you don't enter an item name this error occurs:

css_item_field_required

probably just as well, each user having their own personal collections could end up being an overhead nightmare :smile:

Permissions for each individual item would be a pain but what I can look at in a future version is permissions per user group. So members groups could only see there own items but an admin could view own and other items. I already do this for edit/delete permissions so it's not too much to add for view as well.

Awesome application although I was under the impression that you can create a global set of items and user's hit a 'add to my collection' button. But I guess I can make this work also...

However there REALLY REALLY needs to be a way to categorise the items... whether it be globally or being able to personally create your own categories. (I would prefer that members can organise their own collection)

EDIT: Also if you don't enter an item name this error occurs:

css_item_field_required

Sorry for the confusion, if there is anyway I can make the description more clear, just let me know.

Yeah this has been suggested before and will be a definite inclusion next version. I'll probably make it optional but you'll be able to add your own categories/subcats and when adding items be able to select them.

Thanks for reporting, I've added a bug report and included a manual patch if you wanted to patch your board immediately.

that seems like a good idea, worse case then if you really really really wanted to individualize you could create group for each user.
just thinking out loud you know :)

Permissions for each individual item would be a pain but what I can look at in a future version is permissions per user group. So members groups could only see there own items but an admin could view own and other items. I already do this for edit/delete permissions so it's not too much to add for view as well.

Sorry for the confusion, if there is anyway I can make the description more clear, just let me know.

Yeah this has been suggested before and will be a definite inclusion next version. I'll probably make it optional but you'll be able to add your own categories/subcats and when adding items be able to select them.

Thanks for reporting, I've added a

bug report

and included a manual patch if you wanted to patch your board immediately.

I guess it's a little hard to explain it other than 'users can create their own collections of items'... but it's a bit hard to define how exactly that is done.

Thanks for the fix.

I actually found 2 more issues.
1. When using a URL custom field... if you leave that field blank and create the item the position of the field is offset to the right a bit. Adding a url fixed this for me.
2. If you click on the Add Item drop down arrow, the list of items is message up it has description then edit/delete on their own lines without any text.

And a suggestion
- Add a 'My Collections' link in the profile popup :)

I would submit these on devfuse, but I having made an account yet :tongue:

Glad to hear categories is coming. One problem I was thinking about is custom fields... You'd need to bind them to a category because you might want different fields for each category... if users can sort their own categories this won't be possible.
Mike John likes this

- Add a 'My Collections' link in the profile popup :smile:

Should be available under the "Items" tab already.

Edit: Sorry misread, you stated popup, noted. Edited by Mike John

I get this error in IPB 3.3

Warning: mt_rand() [function.mt-rand]: max(-1) is smaller than min(0) in /home/nsmmx05/public_html/web/AdministracionNSM/applications_addon/other/collections/sources/functions.php on line 830

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nsmmx05/public_html/web/AdministracionNSM/applications_addon/other/collections/sources/functions.php:830) in/home/nsmmx05/public_html/web/AdministracionNSM/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nsmmx05/public_html/web/AdministracionNSM/applications_addon/other/collections/sources/functions.php:830) in/home/nsmmx05/public_html/web/AdministracionNSM/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nsmmx05/public_html/web/AdministracionNSM/applications_addon/other/collections/sources/functions.php:830) in/home/nsmmx05/public_html/web/AdministracionNSM/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nsmmx05/public_html/web/AdministracionNSM/applications_addon/other/collections/sources/functions.php:830) in/home/nsmmx05/public_html/web/AdministracionNSM/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nsmmx05/public_html/web/AdministracionNSM/applications_addon/other/collections/sources/functions.php:830) in/home/nsmmx05/public_html/web/AdministracionNSM/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Anyway to solve it?

I Solved the problem by changing "0" to "-1" in that file and that line:

$number = mt_rand( 0 , $num_items - 1 ); to $number = mt_rand( - 1 , $num_items - 1 );

I added an item, reverted to the old value $number = mt_rand( 0 , $num_items - 1 ); and everything worked at least for me. Hope you can give more light to the issue (so far the only one in 3.3) and this information helps.

Because you had no items added at the time, it was just warning that that the maximum random value (-1) was lower then the minimum random value (0). I haven't encountered this error yet but I've logged a bug report and will have it fixed next version. Shouldn't be an issue now that you've got items added.

Hello, I have the collections system running on 3.3 (although in the mod description it says its for 3.2.... so not sure if it should even work at all!)

I need topic view integration working, preferably a drop down list of 'My collection items' under the users avatar, however... it says:

Topic view integration, so members with items will have a link to their items in posts they make. IPB3.1 compatible only.

Any idea's how I can get this working for 3.3? Are there any plans for this to ever work in 3.3 out of the box?

This is a confirmed bug, I've added a bug report and will include a fix in the next version. The fix will require some significant changes so I can't provide a manual patch in this case.

Great, thanks mike, I'll keep an eye on this topic for updates :)

Out of interest, would it just be a button next to posts saying 'my items' or would it be a drop down list?

few questions :

how i can change the Maint Tab name the edit button not works (admin part)

post-282074-0-72633200-1340896556_thumb.

So in public part i have MAIN and i want to change it to something else

in the public part after main there is Images and Modification how i can move it after the last tab ?

post-282074-0-73026200-1340896559_thumb.

Just to clarify you can't change the main tab name through the admin interface. This tab is fixed as it adds below the item owner and all those fixed fields. But I have logged a bug report for re-ordering tabs, as that appears to be a bug.

ok 2 others things found when i configure topic for the "automatic post" on forum there is some "parameter"

post-282074-0-39605100-1340959439_thumb.

The post is created well on forum

post-282074-0-01335100-1340959444_thumb.

But when i check the post

one parameters is missing (date)

post-282074-0-10842000-1340959450_thumb.

Ansd the item link didn't link to the item but to the profile of the members

post-282074-0-19155500-1340959464_thumb.

Also i'm always after : why icons are missing on admin part in "custom field" for the "required part"

(see the screen shot of the admin part in my first post)

it's seem the link point to the wrong direction / or the icon is missing were it point.

Thank you, all have been noted. I've set aside the entire month to work on an update for this. I'll have all these fixes included as well. If they are any urgent issues, I can provide patches until this new version is out.

The Old Man likes this