Bugs in the Translations-feature

TSP

I didnt find a project for this in the tracker, so I post it here. I'm sorry if this should've been reported somewhere in the tracker.

• Typing in a page-number to go to doesn't work. It just redirects you to the first page.
  • When saving changes you are taken back to the first page. Should be taken to the next or same page.
  • "Untranslated"-filter doesn't return any results. "Outdated"-filter seems to be working, but not sure.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can confirm all bugs, outdated strings seems to be work, but this feature is (like the same feature in the ACP) absolutely useless (it NOT show changed strings).

Another bug:

post-145138-0-55733700-1323849922.png

The search image does not fit on the search box (like the board search does). And the "English" badge show always "English" - can't change it e.g. to "German".

Can confirm all bugs, outdated strings seems to be work, but this feature is (like the same feature in the ACP) absolutely useless (it NOT show changed strings).

Yep. Outdated doesn't seem to be working either. After I had completed the page with "outdated" strings the same strings were still shown on the page.

Btw, question for you. Did you translate all of it manually or did you find a upload-button for already created language packs? You having already translated over 8000 strings seem insane to me. Only using 10 seconds on each string it would still take 25 hours to complete them all, this could be a full-time job, haha.

just simply popping my head in...

but what about the developers? can we not list our language strings?

admittedly, not in the official i could see.... but I myself have many lang strings used..... that number can only be larger for others.

You mean language strings for hooks? Unlikely they will add those, I guess they'll just need to be added under a Hook-tab or something.

If you haven't seen it btw, I gathered some suggestions here, so you might want to pop your head into that one Marcher. http://community.inv...n-these-forums/

app=languages
where can i get this application?
in re, no, but from the official translations i believe enough words can be transversed manually to be useful.... half the time lang strings excess are needed simply because a phrase instead of 2 words is used.
If nothing else, i just want that core functionality.... it would be pretty nice to handle language packs and strings as an admin from the frontend

I didnt find a project for this in the tracker, so I post it here. I'm sorry if this should've been reported somewhere in the tracker.

I've put a quick bug report about your concerns here for now. :) , not sure yet if we're going to have a new tracker project in Extra's for this or not.

I've put a quick bug report about your concerns

here

for now. :smile: , not sure yet if we're going to have a new tracker project in Extra's for this or not.

andy... I'm uncertain where to post my above question TBH.... I want that app.... if only as a basis to sort out hooking it into the acp for live edit/add from front-end for my own use.

I don't think its available to download, the same way the older skingen / docgen we had were not. :smile: , iirc Alex wrote the lang app.

You could always start a new topic in the Client Lounge asking for it but I'm not sure it will be made available.

Sorry, but i see no sense in the possibility to translate the language files in the front end instead of the ACP...

So: Why IPS should offer this script for download? Okay, for developers who want to offer their customers the possibility to translate apps to different languages, but for the default language files this make no sense and you can still translate in the ACP.

Sorry, but i see no sense in the possibility to translate the language files in the front end instead of the ACP...

So: Why IPS should offer this script for download? Okay, for developers who want to offer their customers the possibility to translate apps to different languages, but for the default language files this make no sense and you can still translate in the ACP.

which is a quicker and more efficient translation tool?
a single or small group alone, or an entire native-speaking community?
which is more likely to catch errors?
and, in frank honesty, i would expect the PUBLIC langs to be of more use on this.
RE acp langs, i see little point.... no front-end shouldn't have access, or should have permissions.

I would not give my community access to a translation tool.

Maybe a small (selected) group of members, but not a complete "entire native-speaking community" which can delete the complete translations and put nonsense in the language strings (i see the same risk here on IPS).

And for now, we can give people access to the ACP (with restrictions) and they can translate. ACP or frontend = no difference in the way to translate - even if improvements for both tools (ACP and frontend here on IPS) would be great and maybe in the future, if the translation app is ready with all functions we need they can offer this for download.

I would not give my community access to a translation tool.

Maybe a small (selected) group of members, but not a complete "entire native-speaking community" which can delete the complete translations and put nonsense in the language strings (i see the same risk here on IPS).

And for now, we can give people access to the ACP (with restrictions) and they can translate. ACP or frontend = no difference in the way to translate - even if improvements for both tools (ACP and frontend here on IPS) would be great and maybe in the future, if the translation app is ready with all functions we need they can offer this for download.

my point actually in raising the subject.
http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/353309-language-app/page__view__findpost__p__2209142

Outdated strings must have an option of "Discover the changes of the X string" (button) that will show you the list of all the deleted/added/changed strings.

A suggestion for the "Out of date" function:

Removed strings will be colored with red
Added strings will be colored with green
Changed strings will be colored with blue

From some reason, the board is also showing the: %s tags as a language text while it isn't.

Blo.gs (pings) are also having it's problem while it's displayed in the Untranslated Text while it does already.

Outdated strings must have an option of "Discover the changes of the X string" (button) that will show you the list of all the deleted/added/changed strings.

A suggestion for the "Out of date" function:

Removed strings will be colored with red

Added strings will be colored with green

Changed strings will be colored with blue

From some reason, the board is also showing the: %s tags as a language text while it isn't.

Blo.gs (pings) are also having it's problem while it's displayed in the Untranslated Text while it does already.

Not much I can do about that, the software doesn't know what should be translated and shouldn't, %s is just another string to it - it'd start getting very complex if we maintained a list of what isn't translatable, and well, also a massive waste of time generating a list like that in the first place. Just click the 'translated' button on anything that doesn't need to be translated.

Not only that, but there are probably languages where "%s" alone isn't sufficient, and you may need "something %s somethingelse". Just keep in mind - just because something doesn't need to be translated in your languages, doesn't mean every language is the same. :)

----------------------------------

Then what do you suggest to do? How can I remove the %s from the "untranslated" strings? may use a blank char that IPB will consider it as a translated text?

I have been searching for some new strings in my Hebrew language and for some reason there are numerous of duplicate strings,
the key "freq_daily" appears twice. (also with "freq_immediate" key) in a 20 page while using System app.

&

How? why does the German language has 95% of completion and I only have 92%?

German
Hebrew

Strings which must not be translated (e.g. if english is the same as the translated text) i have added "XYZ" to the translated string(s), saved the page, removed "XYZ and saved the string(s) again.

The "untranslated strings" feature still not work correctly in the translate system here on IPS (e.g. show "We could not find any outstanding entries for this language pack." although there are untranslated strings).

I have tried to download my Hebrew language pack and had an issue with the translation.

I uploaded the language.xml.gz file to the correct folder in my PC , then imported it through the AdminCP, went to the forums and then saw that the search... text of the search box (placed next to the logo) is not written as "search..." it's displayed with a language code , something like "#1495פ&" which would have to show the real word behind this lang code. And even if you try to login to AdminCP and looking for 1495 you will find the public_ file with the lang code text, it won't show you the Hebrew characters even if you view this through AdminCP which makes the problem to be a huge problem while using this pack.

I'm sure there isn't the 1st problem. Also occurring in any other language here while people using those packs for their communities. May it's a problem in the Translation Program.

I have tried to download my Hebrew language pack and had an issue with the translation.

I'm sure there isn't the 1st problem. Also occurring in any other language here while people using those packs for their communities. May it's a problem in the Translation Program.

Thanks for that, it's due to character sets - can you download it again from the system and check if this is fixed?

Archived