Forum Icons Option

RainbowGirl

I agree that this should be standard, however DawPi's mod works perfectly for me.

It works perfectly well in the admincp for me but it doesn't appear in the forum. I think its a superb mod, I just having a lot of problem getting it to work. I've followed all the steps outline in the mod still no go.

• 1 year later...

+1 from our team. We have been using custom Icons for years.This should be a standard function.

PS: we are using modified CSS instead of a modification. It's a lot of work but we don't have the update problem. Example

#category_201 .unread .col_c_icon {

background-image: url("your-icon.png");
}

Just just have to copy & paste the classes and substitute the forums / categories :)

Some of us remember when this used to be included, back during the IPB 2.x series, but when IPS removed it, I never missed it for a single day. It's useless clutter on the forums that serve no real purpose. I'm actually glad they removed it.

I'm 99% sure there was a post icon hook in the Marketplace to add them back (albiet for an older 3.x version) but I cannot find it now, its possible the author removed it. Its not the file listed above.

EDIT... Found it, although having read its support topic I don't think its likely to be updated.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived