Upload Disclaimer on IP.Downloads Categories

63 posts in this topic

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Upload Disclaimer on IP.Downloads Categories

File Submitter: Adriano Faria

File Submitted: 08 Dec 2011

File Category: Moderation Tools

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x, IP.Downloads 2.5.x

This application will allow admins to add an UPLOAD DISCLAIMER on IP.Downloads categories. A new tab will be added on each category with following settings:

• Enable Upload Disclaimer
  • Groups affected
  • Upload Disclaimer text

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
  • PHP 5.3.X. Detected a FATAL ERROR in PHP 5.2.X.

here to download this file

najaru_1 likes this

Not seeing the tab in my download category settings.

Have you uploaded the files and installed the APP? Downloadss 2.5.X?

If so, I need FTP and ACP access, via PM.

Hi, This was working great but seems to be broken with the latest Downloads update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, recaching everything but no luck. Everything is there, the hook asking you to agree and the tab in downloads. However, after you have agreed and filled in everything in the upload form it returns you to the disclaimer hook when you press submit. Any help appreciated.

Hi, This was working great but seems to be broken with the latest Downloads update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, recaching everything but no luck. Everything is there, the hook asking you to agree and the tab in downloads. However, after you have agreed and filled in everything in the upload form it returns you to the disclaimer hook when you press submit. Any help appreciated.

Gravitar, just tested here on IP.Board 3.3.4 and Downloads 2.5.2 and it's working just fine. The file was uploaded.

Please, PM me with your board details, so I can take a look.

I've had another look at it. I disabled it to check my uploading was ok and I found that one of the fields I was filling in was incorrect. I've created a custom field on the upload form that was expecting a numeric input...I put the wrong data type into it. When I tried to submit the upload page was refreshed with a error message telling me to correct the data. I think what's happening is that with the upload disclaimer enabled an error sends you back to the 'agree' hook and when you ok it the upload form then loads but this time without the error message and all the form fields cleared. Does that make sense?

Basically the upload disclaimer needs ammending to only work once and not reappear if there is a user error on the upload form.

I've had another look at it. I disabled it to check my uploading was ok and I found that one of the fields I was filling in was incorrect. I've created a custom field on the upload form that was expecting a numeric input...I put the wrong data type into it. When I tried to submit the upload page was refreshed with a error message telling me to correct the data. I think what's happening is that with the upload disclaimer enabled an error sends you back to the 'agree' hook and when you ok it the upload form then loads but this time without the error message and all the form fields cleared. Does that make sense?

Basically the upload disclaimer needs ammending to only work once and not reappear if there is a user error on the upload form.

I can confirm it... oh well, this gonna be fun. :unsure:

:smile:

So, it's working when you fill your custom field ?

If so, I'll try to avoid the error. Thank you.

Just tested it again with the disclaimer enabled and it works as long as everything is perfect in the upload form. If there is a member error then they will not see the error and be dumped back to the disclaimer hook, wiping out their file and screenshot uploads in the process....not ideal. Can this be fixed? Thank you for any assistance.

Ok thank you. You obviously have other work but any guestimate would be helpful. Please don't take offence, but I have other work too.

What's New in Version 1.1.0:

• Fixed the error with empty category custom field

Compatibility:

• IP.Board 3.4.X & 3.3.X
  • IP.Downloads 2.5.X
  • PHP 5.3.X. Detected a FATAL ERROR in PHP 5.2.X.

I also use Hostgator and my PHP version is 5.3.15. Ask them to update your server.

Didn't you read the warning before buying? It's advised in the description file.

Anyway, I don't remember the error. Post it here.

My apologies for a newbie question but whats the best way to upgrade? Do you disable/remove the previous version or just install the new one over the old one? Thanks for your guidance.