Mobile Skin / Board - what's the future plans?

markopolo2002

I may be going over old ground here, but I've not seen a great deal of information on any plans or talk of the future of mobility regarding IPBoard and especially it's apps. I know I could be potentially asking how long is a piece of string, but are there any plans to make the apps better suited to the mobile market or take the mobile skin to another level?

(if there is a blog on this, I'll scream!)
Cheers
marko

I had a conversation with Lindy via sales ticket regarding the status of white-label apps, and he said that they're "attempting to partner with another company for mobile app integration, but it's uncertain whether white label apps will be a part of this." When I later suggested that white-label apps be offered again, but as a low-key custom service, he said he'd put my point in for consideration and to "stay tuned." So IPS is definitely working on IP.Board's mobile presence behind the scenes.

It's worth noting that the latest entry on their company blog is a public call for mobile programming talent.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]IPS is looking for a mobile app developer to assist us in greatly enhancing our presence in the mobile application space.

Note that the mobile app and mobile skin are two different things (even though they are presently related). We are indeed looking for a mobile app developer. The mobile skin, however, has not been abandoned, and yes we are spreading support for the mobile skin to other applications (as well as improving it for the existing apps, such as the forums).

• 3 months later...

Please help, I want to put Google adsense banner to mobile skins on IPB, which file I have to change? and where I must put it? Thankx

you probably want to create your own thread.

to add ads into the bottom of the topic view page, simply add a div above <div class="controls">

<div style="margin:5px 0;text-align:center;">

GOOGLE ADSENSE HERE

</div>

<div class='controls'>

<div class='buttons'>

To see where the add appears visit http://forums.scottishfootballforums.co.uk/topic/7592-football-on-telly-today-310312/ on your mobile device

• 2 months later...

Where can I find the "<div class="controls">" ?

you probably want to create your own thread.

to add ads into the bottom of the topic view page, simply add a div above <div class="controls">

<div style="margin:5px 0;text-align:center;">

GOOGLE ADSENSE HERE

</div>

<div class='controls'>

<div class='buttons'>

To see where the add appears visit http://forums.scotti...y-today-310312/ on your mobile device

Archived