Fast upload file in fast post? Very usefull

Yury09

Direct file attachments are done under the full editor, not quick reply based section, that and that screen shot isn't even accurate for 3.2.3 (or as far as Im aware any of the 3.2 series)

This is what it looks like

post-126919-0-79758100-1323221475_thumb.

And if your using the flash based uploader (which does auto upload)

post-126919-0-95205800-1323221569_thumb.

This topic would best fit the IPB feedback forum. But I agree, the extra button would be a convenience.

Actually, when you go to edit a post I'd like a drop down for fast edit and full edit... I hate loading the fast edit then having to click the full editor.

This topic would best fit the IPB feedback forum. But I agree, the extra button would be a convenience.

Actually, when you go to edit a post I'd like a drop down for fast edit and full edit... I hate loading the fast edit then having to click the full editor.

We had it that way originally, and people complained about the "extra click". ;)

Direct file attachments are done under the full editor, not quick reply based section, that and that screen shot isn't even accurate for 3.2.3 (or as far as Im aware any of the 3.2 series)

I mean - fast post (not more reply options)

Xenforo are use flash upoad in a fast post. It's realy very usefull

me too! Replying in threads new users often don't understand how to upload a photo becuase they don't see it as an option.

me too! Replying in threads new users often don't understand how to upload a photo becuase they don't see it as an option.

Exactly! Users is download files on the other servers and add link in post(

It's option is very important in quick reply

I like the way it is now. I never liked the menu. I use fast reply / edit 99% of the time.

With the full editor I NEVER use "Topic Summary". I almost never use "Post Options". The only reason for using the full editor at all is uploading files. So if possible it would be nice to eliminate the full editor all together and add upload to the fast editor. That would be cool.

IPS Management, what do you think? should we expect?

They do not reply to every suggestion saying whether it will be added or not. Simply make your suggestion and let the community chime in as to whether they support it or not. IPS will see how popular a suggestion is, or whether it will benefit the software to include it, and they'll add it onto their internal list if they decide to.

Personally I don't think this is necessary. The fast reply area should be for just fast replies. As it is shown on every page, adding the upload area into that too is overkill and bad usage of resources. If you want to upload a file, you're probably going to have more of a complex post than what you'd normally use the fast reply feature for; it makes sense that you'd have to go to the full editor for that.

The fast reply area should be for just fast replies. As it is shown on every page, adding the upload area into that too is overkill and bad usage of resources. If you want to upload a file, you're probably going to have more of a complex post than what you'd normally use the fast reply feature for; it makes sense that you'd have to go to the full editor for that.

Replying in threads new users often don't understand how to upload a photo becuase they don't see it as an option.

If you want to upload a file, you're probably going to have more of a complex post than what you'd normally use the fast reply feature for; it makes sense that you'd have to go to the full editor for that.

Not necessarily. Often, people just want to upload a reaction image, a simple picture or two, or even a screenshot to go with their post. Such posts aren't usually very complex, as far as content goes, and it feels like a bit of a hassle to open the full editor just to upload a quick image.

I'd really love to see this make it into IP.Board. A surprising number of my members aren't even aware of the ability to attach files to their posts, and I prefer when they don't resort to off-site image hosting (which, as it doesn't come with a thumbnail, tends to really slow pages down when someone embeds a large image).

Not necessarily. Often, people just want to upload a reaction image, a simple picture or two, or even a screenshot to go with their post. Such posts aren't usually very complex, as far as content goes, and it feels like a bit of a hassle to open the full editor just to upload a quick image.

I'd really love to see this make it into IP.Board. A surprising number of my members aren't even aware of the ability to attach files to their posts, and I prefer when they don't resort to off-site image hosting (which, as it doesn't come with a thumbnail, tends to really slow pages down when someone embeds a large image).

Exactly!

• 11 months later...

Archived