Marketplace Organization

Aisha

In the IPS Marketplace Topics board can the skin topics please be moved into a separate board from the modification topics? Recently we've had two skins that were released in like five different colors and then an additional "bundle" package and all those threads are just cluttering up the board.

In the IPS Marketplace Topics board can the skin topics please be moved into a separate board from the modification topics? Recently we've had two skins that were released in like five different colors and then an additional "bundle" package and all those threads are just cluttering up the board.

...honestly... why isn't the highly usable post file topic to specific forum per category NOT in use here?

What's completely broken about the Marketplace? People seem to be able to submit files to it, download files, purchase files, get money for their sales, etc. Seems to be pretty well working to me.

I always assumed people didn't actually browse the forum where the support topics were, but instead would find the file they needed support with in the Marketplace, and click the link to its support topic from there. Which forums the topics are in shouldn't matter. Are you saying that it is more important that they be in separate 'skin file support topics' and 'mod support topics' forums? There isn't any existing way to do that now that the topics are all created, it would take a lot of manual work to achieve this now, would the benefit really be worth that?

The marketplace being broken is an inside joke (well not really since the whole convo happened on the forum).

I actually do browse the forum as opposed to the marketplace. The search in forums seems to work easier than in downloads. Also I don't like the way everything is categorized in the marketplace (nothing specific I just can never find anything I'm looking for). For example I recently needed to find a hook for a user here. Instead of navigating through the marketplace I knee that I'd posted in the thread the other day so I just browsed through the forum to find it (and all the skin topics got in the way). Additionally through browsing the threads you get an idea of who the better authors are.

Am I really the only one that just browses through the threads? :(

What's completely broken about the Marketplace? People seem to be able to submit files to it, download files, purchase files, get money for their sales, etc. Seems to be pretty well working to me.

I always assumed people didn't actually browse the forum where the support topics were, but instead would find the file they needed support with in the Marketplace, and click the link to its support topic from there. Which forums the topics are in shouldn't matter. Are you saying that it is more important that they be in separate 'skin file support topics' and 'mod support topics' forums? There isn't any existing way to do that now that the topics are all created, it would take a lot of manual work to achieve this now, would the benefit really be worth that?

no.
not at all.
but doesn't IDM have a nice handy button to clean up unlinked topics(I have USED that)?
isnt that the existing way?
Reconfig the IDM category posting options... then cleanup.
seems simple.

Marcher wouldn't that ruin the existing threads?

Ill move the threads if its too strenuous for you. y;

I know before nexus the topics were separated.

No...... does not.
all of it gets moved and 301'd.....
does nobody use this?
its been handy for posting up multiple categories posting to 1 forum before the matching forums have been made0-o.

no.

not at all.

but doesn't IDM have a nice handy button to clean up unlinked topics(I have USED that)?

isnt that the existing way?

Reconfig the IDM category posting options... then cleanup.

seems simple.

Are you referring to the tool under Other Apps -> Downloads -> Tools -> Tools called 'Fix All Topics'? You don't say specifically which 'button' you're referring to, so I have to guess. If that's the one, I too was under the impression that would only find files that had no topics yet, and create them, as per the description of the tool. If it does, in fact, move them to the proper category if the category settings dictate a specific forum, that'd be fine.

Ultimately it's up to IPS whether they want to change anything with this, though. My personal vote would be to leave it as it is, I don't see any issue with the current setup. Adding more forums is great for the handful of power users, but tends to confuse the throng of newer people.

Are you referring to the tool under Other Apps -> Downloads -> Tools -> Tools called 'Fix All Topics'? You don't say specifically which 'button' you're referring to, so I have to guess. If that's the one, I too was under the impression that would only find files that had no topics yet, and create them, as per the description of the tool. If it does, in fact, move them to the proper category if the category settings dictate a specific forum, that'd be fine.

Ultimately it's up to IPS whether they want to change anything with this, though. My personal vote would be to leave it as it is, I don't see any issue with the current setup. Adding more forums is great for the handful of power users, but tends to confuse the throng of newer people.

-.- wow... can i swing my thoughts?
>.<
its already bad enough getting a file tossed in the back of view because its not in the IPB Category......
Having to repeatedly to link something as simple and useful as pages navigation because its way in the back in IPC....
>.<
I'm with you Michael.

It must suck to be IPS where they have some people who request more advance features yet at the same time they have people who are incapable of using those features and demand things be simpler. You see it in all the products. Like breadcrumb customization in IP.Content. It's something the advanced people really want, but I can't imagine a noobie being able to make sense of it.

Really. Sucks. :(

It must suck to be IPS where they have some people who request more advance features yet at the same time they have people who are incapable of using those features and demand things be simpler. You see it in all the products. Like breadcrumb customization in IP.Content. It's something the advanced people really want, but I can't imagine a noobie being able to make sense of it.

Really. Sucks. :sad:

0-o.
The advanced user can happily customize the breadcrumb to whim..... I do so... even in Databases.... LOL.

Really. Sucks. :sad:

It's a perpetual catch-22, yes. ;)

BTW - looking for something in the marketplace? Try this:

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000px" height="260px">

It searches marketplace, official docs and unofficial articles.

It's a perpetual catch-22, yes. :wink:

BTW - looking for something in the marketplace? Try this:

%7Boption%7D

2011-11-15_1508.png' alt='' class='ipsIm

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="260">

It searches marketplace, official docs and unofficial articles.

No. I use that thing all the time. It's the first thing I go to when I want to find a hook or link a user to one of AndyF's nice tutorials. The results page is all ugly and the specific thing I'm looking for has to be found in this ugly mess of stuff, so I give up and use the actual forum search/browse through the forum. I click fast through things and stuff.

:x

Here here watch this.

Type in "cleancut" into the box. You don't get my skin. Type it into the search box when viewing the ips marketplace. There it is. :o

Or, if you're me and spend 18 hours of the day on this forum then you know that the cleancut skin support topic is on page two of the marketplace topics board.

Don't judge me.

Here here watch this.

Type in "cleancut" into the box. You don't get my skin. Type it into the search box when viewing the ips marketplace. There it is. :o

Or, if you're me and spend 18 hours of the day on this forum then you know that the cleancut skin support topic is on page two of the marketplace topics board.

Don't judge me.

.....dangit.
its on the fritz again farber.
search svelt.

Instead of navigating through the marketplace I knee that I'd posted in the thread the other day so I just browsed through the forum to find it (and all the skin topics got in the way). Additionally through browsing the threads you get an idea of who the better authors are.

Try this.
post-186850-0-58089100-1321420218_thumb.

Don't judge me.

We're beyond that already. :smile:

I don't make the decision on whether the suggestion will be implemented or not. I was providing you with a way to find the topics faster.

Sorry. Didn't mean to imply that you were. I was just thinking out loud or something.

But you're right that's a faster way to find topics that I overlooked so thank you. :)

Archived