CKE CSS... put it in the skin......

Marcher Technologies

http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-34470-hardcoded-cke-css/
It is far LESS effort for you to maintain it... and FAR less hell for US to skin it.
its ALREADY NOT the CKE..... its already your version of it.
why are you allowing 3+extra css files to be called when there is one skin css that can handle it?
ipb_ckeditor.css
ALL CKE CSS should be here....
Please.

Putting all CKEditor CSS in one file is simply not practical. For a start, it would involve modifying CKEditor itself, because it expects certain CSS files to exist. Secondly, I believe CKEditor's CSS is more than all of our products' CSS combined - it is not practical to put that in one file, nor would it be helpful. Where important colors need to be moved, though, that's something we're happy to consider.

Putting all CKEditor CSS in one file is simply not practical. For a start, it would involve modifying CKEditor itself, because it expects certain CSS files to exist. Secondly, I believe CKEditor's CSS is more than all of our products' CSS combined - it is not practical to put that in one file, nor would it be helpful.

Not practical yes but helpful it certainly would be

Putting all CKEditor CSS in one file is simply not practical. For a start, it would involve modifying CKEditor itself, because it expects certain CSS files to exist. Secondly, I believe CKEditor's CSS is more than all of our products' CSS combined - it is not practical to put that in one file, nor would it be helpful.

so its better to load up 3+ css files, both third-party and in some cases causing not-https (.....nexus?) warnings because its not in the skin?

Putting all CKEditor CSS in one file is simply not practical. For a start, it would involve modifying CKEditor itself, because it expects certain CSS files to exist. Secondly, I believe CKEditor's CSS is more than all of our products' CSS combined - it is not practical to put that in one file, nor would it be helpful. Where important colors need to be moved, though, that's something we're happy to consider.

Honestly I think the colors are all anyone is concerned with.

You can add your own CSS so that it overwrites the CK Editor defaults if you wanted to. You don't need to wait for us to start the process.

Thats not the real issue Matt.
its the fact you do not define ipb_ckeditor.css in the skin template to overwrite the cke defaults at stock.
Last thing i would ever, ever want to have to manually update when you do the stock is the editorTemplate for CKE.
the CKE text area css, without that modification, CANNOT be over-written.... not with all the !important tags in the world.

• 5 months later...

Archived