• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, sound said:

going by recent invision staff posts seems we customers need to shout regularly for feedback to be considered

so heres a yes i want this as well post

The tag in this topic says IN PROGRESS, which means that is being implemented.

Discussion - We've seen the feedback and would like others to chime in to gauge interest before proceeding further. Eventually, without appropriate participation, the suggestion will be likely be moved to Not Planned.
Internal Review - We believe, on the surface, this is a good idea. We've filed this internally to be looked at from various angles -- sales, engineering, support, etc. 
Planned - We are going to do it. There may not, however, be an immediate ETA available. The process of incorporating features and changes is not always as cut and dry as it seems on the surface. 
Not Planned - After consideration, we have decided we have no immediate plans to incorporate the feedback. 
In Progress - This is on our next-up list and being worked on. Expect it soon! 
Completed - This is done and either in the release already or will be in the next release. 
Existing - Already existing functionality or an alternate method suggested using existing functionality. 
Marketplace - We feel this is good feedback, however, it's best suited to the marketplace (or already exists in the marketplace.) 

3 minutes ago, sound said:

last invision reply 27 dec

several unanswered posts since

as said by @charles no noise no traction

Lindy posted the topic in feb 12. Today is 26. No version was released in that time. So how do you expect this to be released? In a exclusive version? Btw, there says "Expect it soon!", which doesn't mean that will be there in next version.

Be greatful! This is requested for years, IIRC. A few days more or another month more won't kill you.

Let's keep it civil guys. I've cleaned up the last several replies to the topic, there's no need for insults or other hostilities.

This is indeed In Progress, meaning it is something that is being worked on. But there's never a shortage of work that needs to be done, so it's hard to provide an estimate on when some things will make it into the core.

It's certainly fine to post your support in a suggestion topic even if it's already marked in progress. It does help demonstrate the level of demand for specific features, which can help when deciding what needs to be prioritized. (Don't take that as meaning it's okay to constantly bump your favorite suggestions asking "has this been done yet?", that kind of "demand" isn't what I'm talking about :p)

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2015 at 3:20 AM, Lindy said:

Not yet. Still on the list. 

This was implemented, but users can't close polls only mods/admin is that an oversight? Users create content and time sensitive polls and need to close them. Was the idea, they have to contact a mod now? Or did you add this for mods to close staff polls only? Because we need this for users.

More importantly, there is no poll close time that can be set. So if you want a poll closed now at an exact time (contests, etc.) you have to set an alarm. Before I used to set a topic to close to close the poll. Now, if I do that, the poll doesn't even close anymore because of the separate poll close option, which has no time setting! So, I cannot set a poll to close either way now, before, at least I could set the topic to close.

• Please add poll close time, and allow members to set.
  • And a good acp setting would be "When locking a topic, close the poll? Y/N".

This new setting has no use (at least for me/my users). I mentioned it here:

Thanks

2 hours ago, Lindy said:

it's not really on the defcon 5 priority list at the moment. ^_^ 

May I ask ask what is? I appreciate there are always general software niggles that need ironing out to keep developers busy, I've experienced a couple myself recently and IPB were superb in getting me sorted, but the ability to have more control over poll settings seems to be a high priority for many forum owners.
At least we now have the ability to close a poll, so thank you for that.

13 hours ago, Lindy said:

@chilihead - I'm aware of your concerns (I've seen them in numerous topics now ;)) 

We'll further evaluate at some point - it's not really on the defcon 5 priority list at the moment. ^_^ 

The poll close time is important, especially now since the topic close time doesn't close the poll (that is an artifact of this with no setting).

I've been suggesting this since 2011 so am one of the users that finds this important, I just feel it was implemented in a quick and easy way. Take the contests we run. How would you suggest I close a poll at 11:59 PM now? The new poll function has no time, and if I set the topic to close (like I used to) the poll now stays open. Even if it's a "poll only" topic (which makes it actually look like a bug). So frustrated yes. ^_^ 

And I don't think anyone was suggesting this for staff only. Users create polls, but IPS looked at this from a moderation standpoint. Mods do not want to be contacted to close a user poll. So I do hope this can be revisited soon. Polls are big on my site, others, not so much. I'd hope the importance level was looking at if from the standpoint of how useful the function was that was just added, and how it could be improved with some minor adjustments. Thanks!

12 hours ago, RObiN-HoOD said:

@chilihead is right and as the topic starter I really feel so bad about this after all these years. So simple thing dragging for years. :mellow:

No worries I had my own topic from 2011 going too I bumped about once a year lol. For poll close "time".

It doesn't even need any major permission change. It can be as simple as if a user can create a poll, then they can close one. And in the poll window there is a close time setting like for topics. Done. ^_^

Old political polls by users still going, users PMing asking how to close, trying to run contests with deadlines, etc. Lots of sites have weekly and monthly polls.

Yes, I know beat_dead_horse.gif

Archived