Meta tag: image_src - Facebook sharing doesn't display img

Final-Alpha

Personally, I think Invision needs to add to this feature and take t a step further.

If a topic has an image inside of the topic then it needs to pull the first image in the post for the Facebook Thumbnail

If the topic does not have an image then it should pull the board's logo

Personally, I think Invision needs to add to this feature and take t a step further.

If a topic has an image inside of the topic then it needs to pull the first image in the post for the Facebook Thumbnail

+1

exactly ... is not possible to fix this?

Staff can answer us, if we have to change any file php, or if it is implemented in the future?

Dont know is this apropriate thread for my question, hope it is.

I replaced meta image by my own logo image but is still showing old logo, replaced him aprox 15-20 days ago and old meta image is still visible?

is that facebook issue or I do something wrong?

Fixed this issue, it was my faul.

OK this is weird, now again facebook show my old default image? Just published some threads from my forum to facebook and again I saw old default image.
How is that posiblle? I removed meta image with my own, 7 days FB show my image and now sudenly reversed to old default image? Dont have a clue how FB can show default image when he is removed.
Any one know what is going on?

• 1 month later...

+1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why with IP.Board the Facebook Sharing doesn't work to display the img of the topics?

For example here:

http://community.inv...50443-test-img/

Facebook displays only the Logo and nothing from the topic and the same thing in all topics.

there is a solution to fix this problem?

I have attached a screenshot.

the one who do want to do but show no ipboard but can select a photo that I want that's in the corresponding post

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

OK this is weird, now again facebook show my old default image? Just published some threads from my forum to facebook and again I saw old default image.

How is that posiblle? I removed meta image with my own, 7 days FB show my image and now sudenly reversed to old default image? Dont have a clue how FB can show default image when he is removed.

Any one know what is going on?

I noticed this also with my board, but i figured out it was from the image in the temp internet files. Either clear out all your temp files in your browser, you can also use CCleaner, or try to log in from a different PC or Laptop that you know you have not logged into the forums before, and it should show the new image you created.

• 3 months later...

Just as a possible assist. I don't know how you're doing this and I don't use Facebook. In fact we've adopted a strict anti-Facebook policy across all websites.

But We feature heavily in these Daily Newspapers you kmight have seen. eg "The such and such Daily is out". Yesterday I made some amendments to this image in the field marked 'image_src' in System Settings > Global Config, but I don't use a tag to my root directory which is what I assume most people do. Instead i put a direct URL to the image that i upload to here - http://postimage.org

Within about 14 hours someone had featured us on one of these Dailys. I checked, and the new meta image was showing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

Should anyone run into this again, here is what to do:

Go to: System Settings > Manage Settings > System > General Configuration

Here you can find Meta tag: image_src

What I did: I added a new png with the name /meta_image_1.png that has the exact dimensions of the original, renamed the one in the box and applied the settings.

This fixes Twitter and G+, but for FaceBook, you have to go to: Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates > Manage Templates in IP.Board and comment out or delete the line:

<link rel="image_src" href='{$this->settings['meta_imagesrc']}' />

I suppose deleting or commenting out the line would work, but this is how I did it and it works.

Good luck.

Archived