Download: IP.Board Notices System

Enkidu

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to report this database error as well. I can imagine it scares inexperienced admins, since this check is triggered every time you install/upgrade any component. I actually submitted a trouble ticket for it (with IPS), until I realized it wasn't an IPB error.

Also, I would like to see a 'Save' button during any of the 4 steps, it gets really annoying (especially with the slow transitions and the button moving due to the size of the screen changing) when you are trying to modify 1 parameter of an existing notice, and you have to go through all 4 screens.

Great tool tho, keep up the great work!

I have been using this mod for a long time, but finally upgraded to the recent release, and this really is an extremely useful tool! Here is a list of ideas in case you are looking for inspiration ;)

1. Ability to display notices to members who have not A) voted in a defined thread, B) viewed a certain post or thread, C) posted in a certain thread.
  2. Ability to use regular expressions in the URL they are coming from, and use capture groups in the notice content.
  3. Ability to create custom background/foreground colors for the notice (maybe allow us to define a low, medium and high priority style).

Not sure if (1) is possible without a major performance hit, but I think it would be really useful when you want to force people into posting in a certain thread (new users in the welcome forum, giveaways, site-wide polls, etc.).

I have a couple of other ideas, but need to think about these some more.

I have a problem with this system when I do a database check. "Click here to fix this table" does not work

ibf enkinotices aff_cross.pngClick here to fix this table, or you can run the following queries manually:
  • CREATE TABLE ibf enkinotices ( EnNotices_ID int(6) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, EnTitle varchar(250) NOT NULL, MessageBody mediumtext NOT NULL, IsActive tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', IsDismissible tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', position int(5) NOT NULL, SerialCriteria mediumblo

I have a problem with this system when I do a database check. "Click here to fix this table" does not work

ibf enkinotices aff_cross.pngClick here to fix this table, or you can run the following queries manually:
  • CREATE TABLE ibf enkinotices ( EnNotices_ID int(6) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, EnTitle varchar(250) NOT NULL, MessageBody mediumtext NOT NULL, IsActive tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', IsDismissible tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', position int(5) NOT NULL, SerialCriteria mediumblo

again this is false positive. Don't pay attention to it :)

Can you fix it? It's annoying! :smile:

nothing to fix really but go to:

rootadminapplications_addonothernoticessetupversionsinstallsql and open: notices_mysql_tables.php

find:

"CREATE TABLE  enkinotices (

change to

"CREATE TABLE enkinotices (

this is it! the extra space after TABLE is causing the trouble. IPS refused to consider this as a bug while it is clearly a bug/fail in their checker logic

nothing to fix really but go to:

rootadminapplications_addonothernoticessetupversionsinstallsql and open: notices_mysql_tables.php

find:

"CREATE TABLE  enkinotices (

change to

"CREATE TABLE enkinotices (

this is it! the extra space after TABLE is causing the trouble. IPS refused to consider this as a bug while it is clearly a bug/fail in their checker logic

Worked! Thanks! It was really annoying me!

This looks like exactly what i'm looking for. I want to display global forum messages to users when they are only in forum A, or forum C, but not all the other forums. I see it has a built in slider, but all I'll need is a static box. Does it HAVE to use the slider?

the sliding effect will only happen if you have more than one notice. That's all :)

• 1 month later...

Just bought and installed on 3.4.1 Arabic forum , it is working 100% with English language ( interface Left to Right ) ,

But when we change to Arabic language direction ( Right to Left ) nothing appear inside container

could you find the reason please?

L to R interface

attachicon.gif22.JPG

R to L interface

attachicon.gif33.JPG

There is a fix for that I belive but I need to see your website first hand to work out what need to be changed

cheers

Archived