Remove CopyRights

Zizzla_JA

Just want to ask the developers of ipb script ! why does genuine people who buy there software have to pay for the copyrights remover on there boards, when i have seen on the net, sites offering free removal key for ipb 3.1.x . just curious. also for nulled boards, which i know with nulled boards comes the risks of security issues. in all honesty i myself would rather support the developers and thanks again for all your hard work, all skin and hooks uploaders.

Our license does not allow you to remove the copyright. If you wish to remove the copyright, you must purchase copyright removal.

If you buy Windows, you can't remove the Windows copyright from the software. We at least allow you an option to do so, if it is imperative to your community.

Our license does not allow you to remove the copyright. If you wish to remove the copyright, you must purchase copyright removal.

If you buy Windows, you can't remove the Windows copyright from the software. We at least allow you an option to do so, if it is imperative to your community.

bfarber i understand about doing this throw my ACP ! what i am asking is it fear to have genuine purchases of your software paying for this to be removed when others can do this for free.

bfarber i understand about doing this throw my ACP ! what i am asking is it fear to have genuine purchases of your software paying for this to be removed when others can do this for free.

They cannot do it for free legally. Those that use "free" copyright removal are in breach of the product's Terms of Service and subject to DMCA action.

They cannot do it for free legally. Those that use "free" copyright removal are in breach of the product's Terms of Service and subject to DMCA action.

The DMCA can protect Copyright Infringement, ok jay thanks but still does not answer my original question, any way if a mod can lock this topic now, would be nice, as its not really going any were, gracious.

What you've seen, places that offer free copyright removal, or nulled boards, are places that are engaged in illegal activity. If you want to remove the copyright from your forum, and don't want to run the risk of getting sued, then you need to purchase copyright removal. If you use a nulled board or free copyright removal, then you are acquiring commercial goods or services without paying for them, that is theft, and it is illegal.

Brandon, while you are mostly correct, Windows isn't open source software so it's hard to remove that copyright. While it's easier to remove the copyright from open source software, it will definitely void your license and result in DMCA violations for using that software. Always best to pay for that right. I made the mistake, before I purchase a license, and removed it and when I purchased my license, IPS was kind enough to return the copyright information. It doesn't bother me at all having that there because it identifies the forum software that you are using.

Of course it is possible that a forum has the copyright removal purchased and just has the wording.

In this case it would be legal.

There was a thread last year [url="

[/url] on what is allowed/not

Sure, that's possible, but it seems highly unlikely that anyone would purchase copyright removal and then re-add the copyright text without the hyperlink. Of course, when in doubt, report the site to IPS and move along. ;)

What you've seen, places that offer free copyright removal, or nulled boards, are places that are engaged in illegal activity. If you want to remove the copyright from your forum, and don't want to run the risk of getting sued, then you need to purchase copyright removal. If you use a nulled board or free copyright removal, then you are acquiring commercial goods or services without paying for them, that is theft, and it is illegal.

Thank you Micheal

but why would some one want to do this, whats the benefits? I am happy to support ipb script and proud to purchased a genuine license.

One of the best reasons I've heard is hosting companies purchasing copyright removal so they don't have a link to a competitor in their footer. Also some people think copyright removal makes a site look more professional and helps you to better brand your site.

And last but not least, you can also get copyright removal just so you can brag about it and act like a snooty rich person.

One of the best reasons I've heard is hosting companies purchasing copyright removal so they don't have a link to a competitor in their footer. Also some people think copyright removal makes a site look more professional and helps you to better brand your site.

And last but not least, you can also get copyright removal just so you can brag about it and act like a snooty rich person.

That is the closes reason I ever heard. But then again if IPS is your competitor it wouldn't look good if people found out that the forums used by IPS for their part.

Anyway, you should get the point. Without proper purchase of the copyright you get lawsuit. If you do so happen to purchase a copyright removal, by all means help your self to removing it.

Archived