IP.Calendar RSS/iCal Export Permissions

Cameron.S

At present, if you force members to log in before accessing the website, the ability to use Calendar RSS/iCal exporting is broken. There should be an option that lets you select groups which can use these functions (with authentication, like I think Google's does), or at the very least override the security permissions (e.g. public to anyone who has the link). Either would be better than the way it is now.

• 2 months later...

I'll repost here what I mistakenly put in a bug ticket

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]At the moment I provide a private calendar for a select group of people via IP.Calendar, the users in question would like to be able to use the WebCal function to add the calendar to their Google Calendar, but the issue is that because its a restricted calendar Guest access is disallowed so the calendar can not be retrieved by Google.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]WebCal does support the passing of authentication information in the urls (in the format webcal://user:password@url), or another method would be to generate a key for each user, which in turn produces a unique url for them to access the webcal.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]

For a private community it would be nice to have this feature.

• 4 months later...

Archived