Enkidu

Sliding Pop-up Message Box

258 posts in this topic

I really like the idea of this, but was wondering if there will ever be a way that it shows up lets say a minute after they have been on the website instead of right away.

And then I believe someone stated already, being able to have multiple pop-ups for multiple groups. I'd like that idea.

Keep up the great work!

Great hook.

Using it to remind members to check their email adresses due to many bounces on newsletters.
Set cookie to expire in 30 days. :)

I'd love to be able to set up more than one sliding message box (for example, one box for guests that is always used, and a different box for members that an admin can use to draw the members' attention to important threads).

ADKGamers likes this

How do I set it to show everytime someone enters the site including me so I can test my links and images... thanks

There is no easy way to define new visits. The message will be shown to new visitors to your website who haven't visited then it will stay dorment until the cookie time (you can specify that) is expired.

Enkidu,

Awesome hook!! I was trying to add a paypal button code in HTML, but it doesn't populate as a button when it slides in. Any ideas how I can add the button code provided by paypal to show up correctly?

Thanks,

Ben

thanks very much

replied to your PM :)

I really like the idea of this, but was wondering if there will ever be a way that it shows up lets say a minute after they have been on the website instead of right away.

And then I believe someone stated already, being able to have multiple pop-ups for multiple groups. I'd like that idea.

Keep up the great work!

thanks for the suggestion. I will keep it on my todo list :)

Great hook.

Using it to remind members to check their email adresses due to many bounces on newsletters.

Set cookie to expire in 30 days. :smile:

yeah it's really helpful to tell people about important things in a ... soft nagging kind of way

I'd love to be able to set up more than one sliding message box (for example, one box for guests that is always used, and a different box for members that an admin can use to draw the members' attention to important threads).

OK so a custom message per group. It's on my todo list

thanks very much
• Jay • likes this

Hmmm, pretty and interesting hook.

Valid for guests:

Would you like to register?

Yes!!! / No, thanks.

I am going to test it :D

Hmmm, pretty and interesting hook.

Valid for guests:

I am going to test it :D

tell me how that turns out :)

Great mod..

But..

something about closing div or td not proper, I don't know, when I "ON" it, my footer design was broken.

request..

can you make multi (more than 1) and random messages and enabled html format please.

thanks..

Great mod..

But..

something about closing div or td not proper, I don't know, when I "ON" it, my footer design was broken.

request..

can you make multi (more than 1) and random messages and enabled html format please.

thanks..

can I see it first hand please?

1.2.0 is up

thanks

[*]added a check for secondary group (normally only the primary group is checked against the targeted groups but you can tell the hook to check for the secondary group is well). [*]added ability to parse HTML (remember with html, you need to be careful not to put broken or buggy code.

valendono likes this

Thanks but I think you did what I feared :P

To include secondary groups should be standard, so an option shouldn't be used but included in the targeted group. Still this is a matter of preference.

BUT

what I need is the following. EXCLUDED GROUPS (included secondary groups).

Let me give you an example:

I have the default members group. I also have a "paid customers" group as a secondary group.

I want to show a popup box for all members BUT NOT to the paid customers, so you should add an EXCLUDED GROUPS (including secondary group support) for groups NOT to show the popup.

Hope this is not that complicated.

Also, in future version where you should include multiple popups, these options should be per popup and not globally for all popups.

Hope that gives you hints.

to achieve what you want, it's no more than two letters change of code. Change OR to AND. It's so trivial.

Also, in future version where you should include multiple popups, these options should be per popup and not globally for all popups.

and that's all for 2 dollars?

you see when you develop something you put a figure of expected sell. Fore example: 1,000,000 copies (this is just a number don't take it to literally) . If you fail to get to that figure then the product is a failure (although you can always re-package and sell under different name) . It's tough to make this kind of decision but I won't be spending all of my time for something cheaper than a cup of black coffee. Sorry but it's only fair to do that :)

Enkidu, I think you've found something people have been looking to find for a while. :) Probably something you didn't expect. But I'd buy this even if it was a little more expensive and you did add in more things. (Kind of going off your last post you made)

Enkidu, I think you've found something people have been looking to find for a while. :smile: Probably something you didn't expect. But I'd buy this even if it was a little more expensive and you did add in more things. (Kind of going off your last post you made)

Extremely so... has a billion uses from reminding guests to register, to prompting for a subscription purchase... just as it is now... yes.... more features mentioned would justify a proper price tag for the effort. :D
ADKGamers and • Jay • like this

to achieve what you want, it's no more than two letters change of code. Change OR to AND. It's so trivial.

and that's all for 2 dollars?

you see when you develop something you put a figure of expected sell. Fore example: 1,000,000 copies (this is just a number don't take it to literally) . If you fail to get to that figure then the product is a failure (although you can always re-package and sell under different name) . It's tough to make this kind of decision but I won't be spending all of my time for something cheaper than a cup of black coffee. Sorry but it's only fair to do that :smile:

I have no problem paying more if it's going to do exactly what I need.

Exceptions are important to me. I don't want to have paid people with guest popups. They are going to be dissatisfied.

Hi Deano

did you set up the targeted group correctly? if yes, try to set the cookie time to zero and delete your browser cookie. This way it will appear on every page load. If you can confirm you can see it then set your cookies to any value you want afterwords :)

Hi Deano

did you set up the targeted group correctly? if yes, try to set the cookie time to zero and delete your browser cookie. This way it will appear on every page load. If you can confirm you can see it then set your cookies to any value you want afterwords :smile:

Permission is set :smile:, Cache deleted :smile:, cookie expiration time set to 0, still nothing :sad:

How do I change the colour shown in the image below marked 1 and 2 please?

post-114071-0-11216500-1317910532_thumb.

Many thanks :smile:

you mean the background image URL? these depend on your skin. You can define a new style for them by opening: slidingMessageBox template bit and finding:

<h3 style="text-align:left; padding-left:5px;">

change to

<h3 style="text-align:left; padding-left:5px;background: url("new image url")">

for the second one, find:

<div style="text-align:center; padding: 15px 6px;background-color: #D1DDEA;">

change the html color code #D1DDEA to your liking :)

Azoun likes this

Permission is set :smile:, Cache deleted :smile:, cookie expiration time set to 0, still nothing :sad:

sorry to hear that. I'll need to see it first hand then. Can you provide a URL where can test if for myself?

by the way are you using custom skin by any chance? does it display on the default one?